“PERFECT AFTER CRUISE WIND DOWN” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ohio
“PERFECT AFTER CRUISE WIND DOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

ABSOLUTELY PERECT!!! after much debate much debate on what to do after our cruise in the short time we had in Orlando before flying home...we opted on a quiet stay in the ton of celebration...we extended our stay we were so impressed...fabulous town, wonderful views and incredible staff...we were overwhelmed with kindness!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and found it to be a relaxing place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly, especially Ron the Concierge. This is not an ideal hotel if you have children as the pool is small and the hotel doesn't really cater for them. Ideal for couples or business travellers. The only problem we had was not receiving our water bottles on 2 consecutive days, this was rectified immediately when I phoned the front desk, not a big problem, but when you pay a $12 a day resort fee you expect to get what you paid for. They charge you to park at the hotel but we found parking available in the side street for free, and never had a problem.
We would stay again without hesitation, but I did find the $12 resort fee a bit of a joke, this is not what you would call a resort hotel, and as stated previously the pool is small with only enough loungers to accomodate approx people at a time.
Celelbration town itself is lovely, quiet and relaxing with plently of walks by the lakes and also cycle hire if you prefer. Not a town for those who like things lively though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Just returned from Celebration hotel. I enjoyed the location; walking distance to restaurants and shops, etc. I was a little disappointed at some things. 1. Maid service times. We were told the rooms could be serviced up to 5pm. Our room was finished at 5:04pm minus essential towels and no water bottles. Was told they weren't ready yet. The issue was we kept checking back every few hours because we wanted to nap and chill out before an evening function. This wasn't just our room but a few family members. When we called about it, they said they would work on it next. 2. Room quality. Some of our group had lovely rooms with a balcony. Our 1st room was behind the elevator and had a high up window that if we stood up, we could see out. Our 2nd room was at the end of the hall in front of the service elevator and "staff" room. Noisy in morning. 3. I read management's response about the resort fee. We never received tazo tea? We had two individual servings of lipton basic tea. Even though we knew about the resort fee, we didn't agree with the amenities received for $12. 4. Facilities are getting run down. Elevator got stuck with occupants in it. Buttons on elevator were cracked broken. On the positive side, the bartender was quite helpful and let us bring in food to eat because no one's room was ready. Also, the concierge/receptionist tried her best to accomodate all of us. Due to a plumbing problem in one room, she compensated the occupant which was absolutely appreciated. She had a genuine concern for the welfare of the group. She also tried to find us another room even though the property was full with a large group. The valet was friendly and helped direct our group due to some other problems. All in all, there were issues that were very frustrating. I believe if you stayed at the property during a less busy time, it would be a wonderful experience. I loved the location and the staff were quite helpful considering some uncomfortable situations.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
mandeville, la
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We changed to this hotel at the last minute because of the great deal we found through Travelzoo. The town and hotel were very charming, relaxing and beautiful. However, it could have been better.

At first the hotel decor seemed elegant to us but after the first day looked more dark and dreary. The staff were helpful but reserved...after three days they still looked like they had never seen us before even though we were one of the few families with children and kind of stood out! After one day in town, there was nothing else to do there - the shops were dull, restaurants just ok. We did enjoy the pool and fishing in the lake (no bites though) and seeing a few alligators!

Upon check out I let the staff know we had small ants in our room every day so they might want to get someone to spray. They said the ants were seasonal and they did spray but there was nothing else that could be done. I can't hold it against them because we have seen these ants in other hotels throughout Florida, but it made us less happy about the room during those three days.

I can't really put my finger on why I didn't love this hotel - it seems like just the type of place I really like. I think its because there are so many better choices in the Orlando area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Mid-Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We found this hotel online and checked reviews with TripAdvisor. What a great choice! At first, the kids were a bit disappointed that we weren't staying at one of the loud and touristy hotels. That lasted about two hours. The food, decor, service, attention to detail, and location won them over in no time. But I can only speak for my kids. They appreciate excellence, and that's the word to characterize everything about this hotel. We loved every minute and look forward to coming back. If you need a break from the chaos of Orlando, this is your place.

The only downside, should you come for Disney, is that there is not as much versatility for travel to the park. I think there is one shuttle and it takes you to Epcot. So, bring your car!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This Hotel was perfect for us. I got the hotel from priceline. At first I was nervous, as I heard of celebration before, but thought it was just some town way out from everything. After some checking around, I was more comfortable with the hotel I received. The town is awesome. It was like taking 2 vacations in 1. Our purpose of the trip was to spend time at all the parks. This little town was just 10 minutes away from all of disney. It was really great, an unexpected surprise really! The town is just so perfect. Every house is unique and amazing. The streets are so clean, just incredible. Everything was in walking distance from the hotel. We ate at the market cafe 2 of the 3 mornings we were there. Had dinner as well at the italian place accross the street, was excellent! It was just so relaxing after a long day in the parks. Granted most of the town shuts down around 10 pm or so, there was still a bar open and had a nice crowd. This town reminds me a bit of key west. It is worth going to see celebration even if you do not stay at the hotel. The fact that we stayed there just made everything much better for us. We will certainly return on our next visit to orlando!

The only negative I have about the hotel is the resort fee. This is not a resort. The $12 a night fee is crazy. They even give you a pamphlet on check in to try and justify their resort fee. Things on the list are items such as: water, internet, transportation to the parks, etc...all these things are given to you for free at any hotel around the orlando area. I think they charge these fees for one reason and one reason only: simply because they can. I have stayed in resorts in disney in the past, and am never happy with the fee they tack on. However, at least those places can justify it somewhat such as the gaylord palms. Of the entire list of resort fee items, the only thing I took was the 2 bottles of water. I did not even want the water, but taking them with me at least gave me some satisfaction. I stayed 3 nights, so I paid $36 for 6 bottles of Kessler water which is now sitting in my refrigerator at home in Miami. I just wish they would include their fee in the price per night of the room. To me, it feels like they are trying to snag every cent you got. At least the city does not charge to park anywhere, you won't see any parking meters as you would expect to. So park for free on the street. Don't valet or pay their self parking fee of $8 a day. Despite this issue, it is a very small matter so I would absolutely return again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
CelebrationSales, Director of Sales & Marketing at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Thank you for your feedback and for the opportunity to serve you during your vacation.

For clarification, the Celebration Hotel does charge a resort fee - which is disclosed on all of our booking sites, including Priceline.

For $12.00 per day, Celebration Hotel guests receive wired & wireless Internet access, two bottles of water (refreshed daily), daily newspaper, complimentary shoe shine, in-room Starbucks coffees and Tazo teas, transportation to/from Celebration Golf Club, driving range balls at Celebration Golf Club & preferred golf greens fee, and complimentary transportation as well as as preferred rates at the Celebration Health & Wellness Spa.

I regret that you did not find these services valuable. While our competitors continue to charge $12 for Internet service, $6 for bottled water, $10 for shoe shine, and eliminated coffee from the rooms altogether, we have bundled these most requested services at a substantial discount for our guests, based on guest requests. While some guests may not use all of these services, the feedback from our guests has been most positive.

Thank you for your feedback and your continued support. We understand that you have considerable options in the market and we sincerely appreciate you choosing the Celebration Hotel.
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We just stayed for one week at the Celebration Hotel in a Superior Town View room. The room itself was unremarkable - probably the equivalent of your average Marriott or Hilton. It had a very small balcony (approximately 3 feet by 7 feet) - just enough to fit two rocking chairs.

The hotel has a very small pool (about 15 feet wide by 25 feet long, and no diving board) really made for adults who just want to lay in the sun and jump in occassionally to cool off. It is fenced in and in a very small area, so, if a large group is at the pool, there's literally nowhere to sit or lounge.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating to requests for early check-in or late check-out. There's plenty of very close street parking, so no need to pay for the valet service. We never ate at the restaurant, but, it looked very nice (but expensive).

Celebration is a very relaxing place to stay - we can't say enough great things about it. There are several excellent restaurants within two blocks of the hotel, and, there are beautiful walking paths and quiet streets. The hotel is set on a picturesque lake, and, is a great escape from the tourist hustle and bustle of orlando and disney (which is only ten minutes away by car).

In short, we recommend this hotel mostly for its location, for adults travelling without their kids. If you're looking for a place near Orlando with a large pool and places for kids to play, Celebration Hotel is probably not what you're looking for.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!