“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Celebration
BRISTOL UK
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel with fantastic staff, I was expecting it to be quite a pretentious hotel but its quite the opposite.
All employees are extremely welcoming and friendly with nothing to much trouble.
We had two rooms one looking over the lake at the rear of the hotel and the other at the front of the hotel overlooking the main town.
Each room has a Bose sound system which was a lovely touch. We really could not fault the property and would not hesitate staying here again in a heart beat, we regularly stay with Marriott and this is a little gem in their folio.

Stayed April 2013

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference I coordinated. The service food and accommodations were superb. Casey the events coordinator made sure all our meeting needs were met. Jose set up breakfast in the meeting room and he paid careful attention to detail. If you are looking for a hotel off the beaten path, this collection choice by Kessler is ideal. I plan to visit the property in St Augustine as well.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a family wedding. Having stayed at Grand Bohemian in Orlando before our expectations were high. This is a much smaller boutique hotel with lots of comfort and charm. Unfortunately management needs an overhaul. Arriving Friday pm for weekend only one parking valet was working and later in the day another employee had to pitchin to help with the backlog. Went to the small bar at 5 and there was a nice and reasonably priced happy hour menu featuring Ketel One vodka. However, the bar tender told me they were out of Ketel One! Ordered a mushroom flat bread appetizer which wasn't nearly as good as it sounded. Following morning at breakfast they were out of their featured muffins and one server made the comment, " This place needs a manager."( Not a good thing to say in front of customers.)

The rooms were comfortable with a nice lake view but sure wished the windows opened. Bathroom door warped and stuck upon closing. Ventilation fan sorely needed as well.

In sum reasonably priced and comfortable hotel but management aparently needs a shake-up.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. My sincere apologies for your experience in the Bohemian Bar & Grill, we have a new Food and Beverage Director joining the team and he will actively work to improve the service in this area. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are confident that you will have a much different experience on your next visit. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance. Best Regards, Betsy
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just had a ten day stay at the Bohemian Hotel,Celebration.An excellent hotel.Staff marvellous.Especially the car valet parking staff who were so efficient and friendly.Room was a good size with view of the lake Entertained friends one evening to a super meal in the restaurant..Hotel is conveniently located for the town's amenities.We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, great location, friendly staff, nice rooms and great atmosphere

However ... There is no free wifi, which is disappointing given the cost to stay at the hotel.

Mineral water is charged at $5 per bottle in the room, should this not be complimentary?

We booked a bed and breakfast rate which was over $300, on check in we was given a breakfast voucher. We came to use the voucher at breakfast to be told the voucher only has a $40 value. This is not pointed out when checking in. We Was left disappointed with the voucher as bed and breakfast rate should mean what it says. We spoke to the server at breakfast who said we were not the first to complain about this. Therefor should be made more clearer.

We would defiantly stay here again as the good points out weigh the bad, but would be more choosy about the room rate we would choose.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have wanted to visit Celebration for many years but just never found the time. We were at a tournament at ESPN Center so; this was the time to go. Location was perfect for us to get back forth between games. The hotel is small so easy to get around. We had a water view room with small balcony which was a nice touch. The rooms were adequately furnished except no mini-fridge which for me is always minus. The beds were comfortable which is important. The bathroom was nice except the shower curtain was too short and you had to watch how the shower head was pointed so that it didn’t fly out and water get all over the floor. I think this is a problem and distracts from the visit – I like to keep our room like I do our home. There was a little mold in corners of shower something easily fixed with housekeeping just squirting a little mixture when cleaning and wiping down minutes later and there you have a fresh room and no comments.
You can tell that the hotel is older and there have been updates that had it been constructed more recently that there would have been adjustments to design.
We travel quite a bit and stay at all many price ranges of hotels. It saves on budget and gives me a great point of reference. We used 25,000 points for one night and paid I think $150 for a Saturday night. This is a category 5 in the Marriott branding. I am conflicted about my overall impression of hotel.
Again, how a customer is treated and here is where it goes downhill. Perception. I think this hotel feels it is catering to an affluent clientele but who is affluent is in the eye of the beholder. Certainly the person driving the $200,000 Lamborghini is affluent and I am not. When we checked in, I felt that the clerk should have provided more information regarding parking options and that my credit card would be charged $100 for potential incidentals. How about offering dining choices, what’s going on downtown or how can I help. I was unimpressed by his arrogance and his perception of us. I gave a second chance and struck up a second conversation to see if his demeanor was different. Tip: When talking to someone’s child in this case my 14 year old who thought the expensive car outside was to cool. Play to his age by answering yes I know it is always fun to see a fast sports car. Not “Oh I see them all the time no big deal.” Really! The engine rattled the building and my son was smiling ear to ear.
To the management a little tip: happy wife, happy life; treat my child like gold and happy wife comes back! We stayed at the JW Marriott in Miami and the Omni in New York and not clerk or bellman ever took an attitude with us. I hold you to this same standard. This is where a hotel either understands their business and keeps us coming back. He wasn’t particularly helpful and we are very friendly and like to treat everyone with graciousness. The valet attendants were very pleasant!! Yes, there options for parking valet, paid self-parking
I think a lesson from any other hotel is in order JW, Omni, Hilton and even Disney properties. Honestly, I was treated better in the hotel in Clermont FL and paid a whole lot less. We may go back again because I like the town of Celebration and would to explore there more. But our next tournament at the ESPN Center at the end of Memorial Day weekend, I have decided we will stay someplace else. I think another hotel deserves my business this time. I spend 4 weeks vacationing in a year and make my choices wisely. Maybe the next time I visit Celebration the experience will different. The Front Desk makes a difference and mini fridge for medicine and such.
I am off to Daytona Beach to stay at the Oceanfront Hilton be on the lookout for that review, I am staying in a cabana room for my son.

Room Tip: We choose a water view vs. city view. I know this hotel accepts dogs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Travelinwego, thank you for the detailed review of your stay at the hotel and your experience with the staff. I am disappointed to hear that we did not provide you with more information upon arrival. I am also sorry for the way we handled your son's enthusiasm, I especially like the "happy wife, happy life"...so true. If you would consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on another trip please feel free to contact me directly. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope we have the chance to be of service in the future. Warm Regards, Betsy
South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in october 2010 during Halloween - bit late in writing this review. Had seen hotel on many day visits to celebration so when we stayed here we had a very enjoyable experience.Staff polite - especially door men. Room on first night next to boiler room and noisy so moved on second day at mid day to room with two large windows over looking lake. Comfy room with fab views especially on one morning when we could see hot air balloons. Pool area just right and never too busy. Didn't eat at hotel so can't comment but good restaurants practically on the doorstep and a Starbucks if you like your coffee fix whilst sitting on a rocking chair at the side of the lake. We had a very enjoyable time at this hotel and even though it is a bit pricey it does stand out from your typical orlando hotel. Will visit Celebration later in the year and eat at the Tavern just across from the hotel - excellent service and food. The Town of Celebration with its hotel, restaurants, shops, lake with walk way, shops and beautiful houses certainly makes for a lovely break away from hustle and bustle of the theme parks.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!