“Don't Do the Golf Package” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Piermont, NY
“Don't Do the Golf Package”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I made a reservation, one month in advance for one night at the Bohemian Hotel on the golf package, which allegedly included a round of golf, lunch and some balls on the practice range.
Wrong. We got to the golf club at the pre-arranged tee time and had to shell out another 200+ bucks for 18 holes, no practice balls, and a lunch that made us both sick to our stomachs. The hamburger meat being grilled in the sun had been sitting there for who-knows-how-long. No drinks were provided. Very disappointed. Previous visit had been fine.

Room Tip: There's a little old man/greeter in the lobby who needs to know when people want to talk to him...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Berkeleybird, thank you for the information regarding the golf package and I am disappointed that it did not meet your expectations and that lunch at the golf course was not enjoyable. I am following up with you via email to rectify your situation. Your package did include a round of golf for 2 people so I sincerely apologize if that was not the case. Please feel free to reach out to me to assist. Best Regards, Betsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my new wife stayed here back in Sept last year for our honeymoon, and i have to say it was perfect.

The staff were tremendous, going the extra mile on every occasion possible; the room was great - large, clean and with a great view of the lake; food on site is fantastic and the general ambience of Celebration as a whole is great. It's a real escape from the mad world that is Disney, yet still close enough to all the fun..............!

100% recommended

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you following up from your honeymoon stay last year and it's great to know the staff was tremendous. I'm glad you enjoyed the overall ambience of the hotel and town of Celebration. I hope you will be able to visit again soon, perhaps for an anniversary! Warm Regards, Betsy
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just stayed here last weekend for a girl's night out. I had no idea what to expect - we used Marriott points and I was looking for something a little funky or unique. This was PERFECT. The lobby, the check-in, the bar area, the restaurant area (all kind of one large - but intimate - area) the terrace dining area. I absolutely loved it. Checking in the desk is so inviting. Audra helped us, she is absolutely lovely and courteous.

The room was nice, not too exciting, what you would expect from a nicer Marriott. Oh I just cannot say enough about the restaurant. We went to Downtown Disney for a few hours, then back to the hotel for a few drinks. The next morning was coffee on our room's balcony. Then brunch in the dining terrace. I had the Tomatoes Rice Risotto with chicken. It was wonderful.

Looking out at the lake from our room balcony and the dining terrace was very peaceful. There was plenty of shopping / dining within walking distance at the Celebration Town Center. I lucked out and found street parking, so parking was free. If you are looking for a relaxing hotel stay with a lovely dining & drinks restaurant, this is a great place. I can't wait to try out the Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando.

Lastly, I left something in the room by accident, when I showed back up to get what was lost, the staff went out of their way to help me. Just a great experience overall.

Room Tip: I really liked our room with the shared balcony to an adjoining room. Great idea if you are with a g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It's great to hear you enjoyed your girls night out at the hotel! I'm glad you found the lobby and terrace dining so inviting as well as the view from your room balcony over the lake. I will be sure to share your nice comments about Audra as well as the staff who assisted with your lost item. Please come back and visit again soon! Betsy
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Hosted a meeting here. Warm and attentive service, crazy decor; kind of a mix mosh lobby with petrified wood tables and taxidermy to cheap-looking sofa paintings - too much. Loved Chef Jason and the care he gave us and how special he made our meeting. Wished the lobby offered coffee early and complementary like the W, but there is a Starbucks a short walk away. Beautiful surroundings to run in, and that was great because the tiny fitness room smelled like an men's locker room. Loved the banquet team - they all get 5+ stars. I'd recommend them and the property

• Stayed March 2013
Dear CDavid212, thank you for your comments regarding your meeting at the hotel. I especially like that Chef Jason made the meeting special as well as the banquet team, I will be sure to share your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know and I look forward to being of service again soon. Sincerely, Betsy
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Sat Feb 23rd for 1 night and loved it. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite upon arrival without requesting it. I used my Marriott rewards number when booking which may have something to do with it. Our room was very large. Two walls of the master bedroom were windows overlooking the water. When we entered there was pleasant music playing in the room. We had a four poster bed, Bombay style furniture and two large armchairs. The separate sitting room had a couch and 2nd tv. The bathroom was large with a walk in closet, HUGE shower and shower/tub combo. We had drinks and appetizers at the restaurant downstairs over looking the water. The live entertainment was fantastic and set a perfect atmosphere ... our only regret was leaving to go elsewhere for dinner.

Room Tip: Recommend water view room. If there on a weekend you will need an advance reservation for local res...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your experience at the hotel as well as the Bohemian Bar and Grill! Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member and I appreciate you sharing your comments about your stay. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance. Best Regards, Betsy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We have now stayed at the Bohemian three times at the started our Florida holidays. It is a great place to go to straight after a long flight. Easy to find and away from the crowds. Relaxing, attentive staff, and a peaceful location. Highly recommended and we will defiantly be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration and I appreciate you offering your recommendation to stay here! I am glad you have experienced the peaceful and relaxing location as well as the attentive staff. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team. Thanks again! Sincerely, Betsy
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Having just finished a long assignment away from home, I decided to take a 3 day weekend weekend with my wife in Celebration, where we met 2 couples who are long-time friends. We had visited here before, and it seemed like a nice place to get away from the crush of Orlando tourism, while still keeping those options. I am mostly a Marriott traveler, so I looked up the hotel choices, and this seemed the best for what I was looking for. It absolutely was. The package I booked gave me a really large King room with a nice view of the lake behind the hotel. The room was very comfortable. The lobby area is really set up in a cozy, eclectic fashion that invited people to eat, drink and socialize. Thhere is a great patio behind the lobby where you can dine and socialize, and pool was very inviting. There was always a positive buzz here, morning or evening.

The service was absolutely the best I have had in a long time, whether it was the valet parking, the restaurant servers, or the front desk staff. They took care of every need I had, almost instantly.

The services in the town are just 100 yards away, so going out for a walk or a meal was very convenient. Access to Disney World and Orlando is also very easy.

One word of caution. While my room was large, my friend's room was smaller (but very comfortable), so do ask before you book your acommodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had a very nice getaway with your long-time friends in Celebration and I appreciate you letting us know. It really is a relaxing setting on the lake and I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience dining and socializing on the terrace. There usually is a positive buzz around the hotel as the team enjoys being of service to our guests who are having a great time! I hope you will have the opportunity to come back soon! Sincerely, Betsy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#19 of 332 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 stars 2,798 reviews
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!