“Lovely hotel and excellent location...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Celebration
Delray Beach, FL
“Lovely hotel and excellent location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel looks beautiful and is set next to a large pond. It has easy walking access to downtown Celebration and the beautiful walking paths. The staff were very friendly and the rooms are nice. We decided to try dinner at the hotel restaurant, which is quite uncommon, after reading the reviews. The food was very enjoyable and the ambiance was great considering it was in the hotel. The only disappointment was noisy neighbors- we could hear the people next door talking each morning at about 6:30 am through the room-room door access. It was not enough of an issue to ruin our stay as we would have started the day not too much after that anyways. Plus, it was not the hotel's fault. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your review and nice comments regarding the friendly staff and nice rooms. It is also great to hear you enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant in the hotel lobby. My apologies for the noise next door as we could have contacted the guest to quiet down. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service again soon. Warm Regards, Betsy

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A girlfriend and I planned a last-minute trip to Orlando to spectate at the Disney marathon. Last time I was there with my family we stayed at a time share just off Bronson Mem hwy, so I knew this area and was looking forward to the ease of travel between the hotel and the park. This was however my first visit to the amazing town of Celebration and I quickly learned that it was a far cry from the hustle-bustle that is hard to escape from when visiting Disney. Celebration is serene, mature, quiet but alive, and relaxing. Restaurants were always easy to get into, fairly priced and offered great cuisine. As you can plainly see, I loved the area. Now on to the hotel...

Bohemian was the gem in the area. The building has unique architecture and is positioned on a lake. The pool and outdoor dining patio overlook the water and it was just lovely. The lobby/bar/sitting area is small, but very comfortable. The decor is wonderful. It's obvious someone took a great deal of time and effort to design a consistent look throughout. The hotel offers a paid parking lot and valet parking, but we were always able to find a spot on the street for free.

Our room was clean and again nicely decorated. We had a patio that overlooked the water and made the stay so much more relaxing. The toiletries were ample sized and nice quality (always a big plus in my book!) Beds were comfortable.

Service was excellent too from check in, to food service and especially the gentleman working the valet booth when we first arrived. I wish we had his name. What a great first impression.

I would absolutely return. In fact I hope to very soon.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are very nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review of the area and hotel and I am so glad you found us tucked away from all the hustle-bustle. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as they appreciate the great feedback. I look forward to seeing you again soon! Best Regards, Betsy
frederick, md
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. It is charming and quaint. We had a small room (we did not pay for any upgrades) that was adequate for what we needed. On our last night we noticed that our feet were black when we got in the shower. Since we had shoes on all day we figured it must have come from the carpet. I took the white washcloth and lightly rubbed it against the carpet in the room. It came up black. The next morning I took the washcloth down to the manager and explained the situation. She asked if we were staying and we were not. She told me that the carpets were cleaned regularly. I told her that I have several other trips planned to the area and that I would not be staying there again. She told me that she probably would not stay there again either. It was only the reception desk person that told us we she hoped we would consider coming back. We won't.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear mdtraveler, I appreciate you bringing to our attention your concerns with the cleanliness of your guestroom carpet. I sincerely apologize and want to assure you that the carpets are on a regular cleaning schedule so this has not been a problem and I am sorry that it happened to you. In fact, a cleaning company is in the hotel this week extracting all the guest room carpets. I understand that you would be upset but if you would reconsider and allow us the opportunity to make it up to you please let me know. Sincerely. Betsy
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A part of the Marriott family, this hotel is a very nice place to stay away from the madness of the nearby resorts/parks. Efficient service, decent lounge, good bar food and a workable gym. The room (304) was not huge but large enough and comfortable. The bed was supportive and I slept well. In addition to the usual A/C, it was nice to have a ceiling fan also.

Good attentive service from the bar staff, reception and parking/valet.

A bit more expensive than other properties in the area but worth it. Being on the lake front in Celebration, there's no shortage of places to eat.

I did not have breakfast/lunch at the hotel so can't comment on either; nor on the dinner restaurant service.

I note that at least one other reviewer mentioned pipe noises in the walls. I think I also detected this too but it really did not interfere with my enjoyment of my stay - certainly didn't keep me awake. Cleanliness (another issue mentioned on another review) was also not an issue - my room was spotless. Housekeeping staff were courteous and friendly - and did a great job.

The wall art (mostly for sale) in the common areas is interesting - I quite like some of the photography although it's out of my price range.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms offer a nice view for the morning but I suspect you won't spend much time starin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We are Marriott Platinum members and used extra upgrade points and paid $125.00 a night as well, to be stuck in a corner suite on the ground by the valet with a loud sign rumbling in the bedroom! I think her name was Pia...was rude and condescending upon check in. She would not give us a rollaway, when 5 people were listed on the reservation. My son had to sleep on the floor. The next day we insisted on one, and this employee was very helpful, and we had one in an hour! We asked to be put in a high floor, which our portfolio requests, if possible. She told us the hotel was full, as well as all in area, that we could maybe go to the JW downtown...let her know!! She could have cared less if we stayed or left! Normally, as a Marriott member, I have been treated like they were very happy and thankful for our loyalty and business. This is the first time that we have ever been treated so rudely and stuck in such an awful room! The hotel is a very nice hotel however. It is in a great location, with much to do in the area. The restaurant is lovely as well. Service was very nice the evening we ate there. Would highly recommend this hotel...just avoid the rudeness at check in... It sets the tone for the stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Mlween, I am glad to hear you liked the hotel and restaurant and your stay in Celebration. My sincere apologies for the challenges with your room. We did experience a high demand over the holidays with not having enough beds for all of the families and I am sorry we didn't handle this better. If you ever have the opportunity to return please feel to reach out to me so I can make the arrangements. As a Marriott Platinum member we truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for the feedback. Betsy
Orange, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went back to the Bohemian hotel in Celebration this year even after I had a disappointing trip last January. Why??? Well because no matter what problems I had with the hotel last year I love the location in the tiny town of Celebration. The hotel sits on the lake in the middle of downtown Celebration and I can walk to all the restaurants and shops, as well as sit on the wooden rocking chairs that overlook the lake. In addition, the town has a half mile walk around the lake that starts just near the hotel that allows me to bird watch up close.

As for the hotel improvements--they have new carpeting in the hallways and with a tropical design that is just beautiful. Also, they've replaced some furniture in the hallways. The TVs are still old fashioned--not flat screened. The story changes every year as to why they haven't replaced them, but the fact is it is still not done. I think part of the problem is that the TVs they have are housed in armoires and in order to put new TVs in they will have to buy new furniture.

I also found the front desk staff far nicer this year than last. They gave us a lovely room whose number I will not reveal as I want it when i come back next year. All in all, a much improved experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am happy to hear that you had a great experience! We have been making improvements with the new hall carpet and all new beds. Also, our flat panel TVs are scheduled to be delivered on Monday January 21st so we are very excited! I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit. Warm Regards, Betsy
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everyone should stay here at least once. Get away from all the Disney stuff temporarily and enjoy this unique boutique hotel. The town of Celebration offers some awesome restaurants and small shops. We had two rooms here. One was an upgraded king suite, as this hotel is owned by Marriott. The staff was extremely attentive and personable. Will return here again when in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony or if you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask for the upgrade. You w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am so glad you found us tucked away from all the hustle bustle in the area and had a great experience. I also appreciate you posting the wonderful photos from your stay! I look forward to your return visit and please let me know if there is anything we can do to make it even more special. Best Regards, Betsy

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!