“Great funky hotel, rude front desk though!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Ohio City, Ohio
“Great funky hotel, rude front desk though!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We are Marriott Platinum members and used extra upgrade points and paid $125.00 a night as well, to be stuck in a corner suite on the ground by the valet with a loud sign rumbling in the bedroom! I think her name was Pia...was rude and condescending upon check in. She would not give us a rollaway, when 5 people were listed on the reservation. My son had to sleep on the floor. The next day we insisted on one, and this employee was very helpful, and we had one in an hour! We asked to be put in a high floor, which our portfolio requests, if possible. She told us the hotel was full, as well as all in area, that we could maybe go to the JW downtown...let her know!! She could have cared less if we stayed or left! Normally, as a Marriott member, I have been treated like they were very happy and thankful for our loyalty and business. This is the first time that we have ever been treated so rudely and stuck in such an awful room! The hotel is a very nice hotel however. It is in a great location, with much to do in the area. The restaurant is lovely as well. Service was very nice the evening we ate there. Would highly recommend this hotel...just avoid the rudeness at check in... It sets the tone for the stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Mlween, I am glad to hear you liked the hotel and restaurant and your stay in Celebration. My sincere apologies for the challenges with your room. We did experience a high demand over the holidays with not having enough beds for all of the families and I am sorry we didn't handle this better. If you ever have the opportunity to return please feel to reach out to me so I can make the arrangements. As a Marriott Platinum member we truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for the feedback. Betsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Orange, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went back to the Bohemian hotel in Celebration this year even after I had a disappointing trip last January. Why??? Well because no matter what problems I had with the hotel last year I love the location in the tiny town of Celebration. The hotel sits on the lake in the middle of downtown Celebration and I can walk to all the restaurants and shops, as well as sit on the wooden rocking chairs that overlook the lake. In addition, the town has a half mile walk around the lake that starts just near the hotel that allows me to bird watch up close.

As for the hotel improvements--they have new carpeting in the hallways and with a tropical design that is just beautiful. Also, they've replaced some furniture in the hallways. The TVs are still old fashioned--not flat screened. The story changes every year as to why they haven't replaced them, but the fact is it is still not done. I think part of the problem is that the TVs they have are housed in armoires and in order to put new TVs in they will have to buy new furniture.

I also found the front desk staff far nicer this year than last. They gave us a lovely room whose number I will not reveal as I want it when i come back next year. All in all, a much improved experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am happy to hear that you had a great experience! We have been making improvements with the new hall carpet and all new beds. Also, our flat panel TVs are scheduled to be delivered on Monday January 21st so we are very excited! I hope to have the opportunity to meet you on your next visit. Warm Regards, Betsy
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everyone should stay here at least once. Get away from all the Disney stuff temporarily and enjoy this unique boutique hotel. The town of Celebration offers some awesome restaurants and small shops. We had two rooms here. One was an upgraded king suite, as this hotel is owned by Marriott. The staff was extremely attentive and personable. Will return here again when in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony or if you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask for the upgrade. You w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am so glad you found us tucked away from all the hustle bustle in the area and had a great experience. I also appreciate you posting the wonderful photos from your stay! I look forward to your return visit and please let me know if there is anything we can do to make it even more special. Best Regards, Betsy
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here four nights over Christmas. What a mistake. The rooms were nice, although our family in another suite complained of being awakened each morning by leaf blowers. The service was awful. Breakfast took hours. We would wait for menus. Wait to give our orders. Wait to get our food.

Housekeeping was not much better. One day we returned to our room at 3:30pm and it had not been cleaned. I called and asked to have it cleaned. When we returned at 5:00pm, it still was not cleaned. I asked for extra towels. They left one!

The hot tub was closed one or two days we were there. There were no towels by the hot tub when it was open.

Not what you expect for $300/night in a suite!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrdelmar, I am very sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel as our team prides themselves in providing exceptional service. I have shared your comments and we are disappointed that this happened to you. If you would allow us the opportunity to make it up to you sometime please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Betsy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband I stayed here December 2012 to celebrate his birthday. The location of the hotel is in the heart of Celebration overlooking a small lake. There are numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. . Parking is hard to come by in Celebration so being able to walk everywhere was a bonus! We enjoyed the Imperium Food and Wine and Columbia Restaurant. The hotel accommodations were very good and the staff was very helpful. We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shuttlenana, thank you for taking the time to send a review and I am glad you enjoyed your husband's birthday celebration! Please let me know when we can be of service again in the future. Best Regards, Betsy
Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Overall a very nice hotel in a cute town. Check-in staff was courteous and helpful.
Room service food was prompt and good. The room (308) was fairly quiet although our neighbor was banging around a bit and we could hear them coughing. Bar service in the lounge was prompt and good, as well. The lobby decor is unique and comfortable, although we were underwhelmed with the room decor... we expected more pizzaz from a Kessler Bohemian. The room was clean except for the windows. The thing that struck us as odd was they only had one bellman/valet, so the poor guy was running around doing the job of 3 people, and guests were left waiting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear LadySeminole, I appreciate your comments and review of the hotel. My apologies if you had to wait for a bellman/valet as they are amazing at extending great service even when they are busy. I hope if there is anything we can do to make it your "favorite" hotel you will let me know. Thank you for staying with us! Warm Regards, Betsy
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

What a beautiful hotel spoilt by the room we were given. Room 350. This room has constant water running through the pipes at the air conditioning unit. thought it may have been the air con unit but when it was switched off the sound was stil there. Spoke to the receptionist who told me all the room are the same and if she has to staff overnight she wears earplugs and uses a pillow over her head but she still hears the noise. Spoke to the reception when we checked out and was again told that all the rooms were noisy. She told us the managment had been informed of the complaints previously but nothing has been done. THe hotel is wonderful in s superb location but will not be back due to the noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Betsy W, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Kingsoffife, thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the hotel though I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. We are able to adjust the water flow through the pipes so my apologies that we did not correct this problem for you. If you are ever in Celebration again and would allow us the opportunity to make it up to you, please let me know.
Best Regards, Betsy

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!