“The best on the 192 strip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Celebration
CLEARWATER
“The best on the 192 strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I've stayed in almost every area hotel/motel for the past 40 years, and THIS is the best so far. Big hi-rez TVs in each room!

Suites are state of the art (modern) with full kitchens, utensils and dishwasher. The only downside is no oven, but that would be hard to keep spotlessly clean to match all else. I am VERY picky about cleanliness, and found the Mona Lisa to surpass all others in the area.
The detached semicircular design seems to reduce hallway noise and the silence is golden. Remember to bring your card key to the pool/hot tub, as you'll need it to get back into the building.

The desk seems ready to do anything within reason to grant the guest a pleasant stay.
All other hotels have free scheduled shuttles to Disney, but here they asked WHEN do I want to go, then when and where to be picked up ... a phone number was given in case I wanted to change pickup time/location. I was shocked when they provided a punctual taxi for transportation!!! This transport is included in the room fee, and with WDW parking lot fees currently at $14 ... USE IT to avoid parking hassles.

There is a Publix grocery store close by, so stock up that big refrigerator!

From the design, I suspect this young hotel be slowly sold as a condo; so we must enjoy this great place while we can..... TEN THUMBS UP (I'm all thumbs).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

882 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We had a Deluxe King 2 bedroom/bath suite. Balcony faces the pool ( a must if views are important to your stay). The other views are of Rt 4 traffic or parking lot. The suite was spacious. The bed rooms were big as well as the bathrooms. The suite included a full kitchen (not fully equipped) but enough for quick meals and drinks. A 4 person kitchen table and sitting area. A couple of chairs on the balcony overlooking the pool was great. The hotel is shaped in a circle and is separate from the main lobby and dining area. The Hotel staff were very nice. The place was clean as well. This was a great spot if you don't want to be in the thick of things but want to be close by. I would definitely stay there again if I'm in the orlando area.

East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We spent one night at Mona Lisa Suites during a visit to the Orlando area and plan on returning for a longer stay. The suite was very large and lovely with lots of amenities. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever found in a hotel. The round pool is beautiful, with lots of room for sunbathing. We had lunch there and the food was excellent.

We really enjoyed Mona Lisa Suites and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Stayed one night on short getaway with wife. Very nice set up for the hotel and the rooms were large, spacious and comfortable.
They could not find our reservation we had made with booking.com. I had forgotten my print out at home, but they could not/would not access my e-mail to get it. Apparently the reservation comes to them by fax and no one had checked the faxes that day. Manager "graciously" allowed me to get a two bedroom suite for the one bedroom price (which was $30.00 more than my reservation) as that was all that was available.. Of course, when we got to the room it was a one bedroom, which was fine except that we had been told we were getting a deal. Felt all along that we were causing them hassle. I was very well-behaved cause the wife does not like controversy.
Later they called our room and said they had found/received the fax. In a,pologizing the manager commented on what a great rate we got (which is the same one bedroom rate listed on their web site for a weekend reservation). The process was confusing and I was embarrassed in front of my wife until it was clear I had not erred. No compensation other than an apology was offered.
Weird procedure for continental breakfast and it was held in a different location than we were told at check-in.
$12 resort fee is a joke. There is a pool, a very cool pool, but no pool side services other than towels were evident. Nothing I would call resort-like at all. Beverages were not allowed in the pool area.
No ice machine. Apparently we were supposed to activate the ice maker in the fridge even though there was an ice bucket in the room.
Vending hard to find and soda was not just warm but hot.
Very loose toilet seat.
Door to room would not close all the way without slamming it. But each room door was a unique color which we liked and made our room easy to find.
Weird selection of utensils in kitchen. Some plastic spoons, knives and forks would have been nicer than the soup ladle provided.
Very quiet room and hotel in general.
Fun art work (a vignette from a famous painting) at each elevator area. We toured all five!
Would consider staying again, but there were a lot of flaws.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We just returned from the Mona Lisa and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Disney. We stayed in a two bedroom and the rooms are extremely spacious with two huge bathrooms. The suite came with a contemporary style kitchen, which was very convenient, though I would have to say it is not as well stocked as some. I would recommend to the management that they stock it better with things like a drying rack/sponges/dish towels or a few more pots and pans. The beds were comfortable and we found the hotel to be very quiet and had no issues with parking. The suites no longer have in-suite laundry like we had been led to believe, however there are complementary laundry facilities in one of the buildings, not the most convenient, but at least they are there. The only issue was that both times that I used the laundry the supplies were either non-existent or extremely depleted - I had to scrounge both times for the dregs of the detergent left in the bottle and there were no dryer sheets either time, if I am paying for this in the “fee” supplies should be available. I also had issues with the dryer shutting off before the clothes were dry and so did others that came to pick up their laundry - having to sit there and wait for my laundry to dry for a second cycle was not the way I wanted to spend my holidays, cycle times are short for both. There are 4 dryers and 3 washing machines and considering we went when it was not busy it was not too much of an issues, but I am sure that at busy times it would be. The empty closest space in the suite left by the now missing washer/dryer could conveniently house some cleaning supplies - we had two kids and did make breakfast every day and since the room was not vacuumed by the cleaning staff during the week, I would like to have had that available as well as a broom/dust pan etc. for quick clean ups. There is a resort fee, which we were aware of, but we did not use the shuttle service that is included in this fee, so I can't comment on how well it works. The shuttle does not run at convenient times for someone on West Coast time (runs in the morning till 10:15 am, which is 7:15 our time - trying to getting two young kids up, bathed, fed and out the door to the lobby by that time is not an easy feat on vacation - I would hope management will take this into consideration in the future and extend the pickup time by an hour at least (if not two) - it seems the rest of Orlando caters to all time zones as most of the malls etc are open till 11 pm). The breakfast is fine, we only used it twice in our 8-day stay, we used our kitchen mainly - the breakfast provided is fairly basic with various pastries. The pool in the hotel is wonderful, very kid and adult friendly and clean. The staff always seemed very friendly and accommodating, though I can't say the front desk staff was overly impressive - it was more the behind the scene staff that were wonderful. The location of the hotel is ideal, really close to Disney and close to essentials (namely Starbucks for us), Publix market, Walgreens and various fast food type restaurants (IHOP, Chili's, McDonald's etc). I didn't find the food in Orlando and the vicinities all that appealing, I guess Disney sets the standards low to begin with - yuck - I would say pack your own lunch rather than eating at any of the parks, the food is disgusting and overpriced!).

I would recommend this hotel, especially considering the price you get it for (even with the additional fee tagged on). Hopefully the upkeep will remain good, though it does seem that things are not getting replaced or repaired as they get damaged, so if that doesn't change, I can see that this may not be such a value in a few years (we didn't use the sofa bed, but the zipper was broken and the cushions were loose as a consequence, the toilet paper holder was damaged in one of the bathrooms and should have been an easy fix, the clock radio wire malfunctioned and would short out the clock if it was moved, the lock on the bathroom door wouldn't lock and the patio door was the same - we were on the 5th floor so not a problem for us). Regardless of the minor issues, this is a great hotel for families and we liked it better than the Orlando Sheraton Vistana that we stayed at 2 years ago.

Brigantine, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Stayed one night as we wanted to tour the Town of Celebration. Though this place seemed a little pricey, I liked the location. First off, was disappointed that we couldn't get any help with our bags. The room itself was spacious with everything you could ask for. We had a 1 Queen bed bedroom and a sofa bed that served it's puropse for the 2 of us. The combination washer/dryer was unique, but served it purpose. The TVs and appliances were modern and clean. I WAS a little disappointed with the included "continental breakfast". First the fact you had to provide a voucher for a donut and coffee seemed a bit much. Wish they would have offered more of a breakfast variety.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
rschulte, Public Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear, Guest SNJ08203

I want to extend my personal gratitude to you for choosing to stay with us at the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel. We appreciate your business and the comments you have offered for our improvement. Guest comments are highly valued and reviewed by all levels of our management team.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations, and so I apologize that your experience was less that brilliant. We have reviewed our staffing policy since your comments and have acted to appropriately enhance our guest experience.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite. Let me take this opportunity to update our readers on our accommodations. We are an all-suite boutique hotel with King sized beds, Egyptian cotton linens, down pillows & comforters, and queen size sofa beds. Each suite includes thoughtfully composed living areas, 9 foot ceilings, fully equipped kitchens, stainless steel appliances, full-sized refrigerators with ice makers and flat screen televisions in each room.

It is also worth noting that our daily complimentary continental breakfast includes a fresh bakery basket of flaky croissants, muffins and sweet pastries, your choice of 5 fruit juices, fresh brewed coffee or assorted hot teas. In addition, for your dining pleasure we offer our guests a full breakfast menu selection in our Galerie Restaurant 7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.

Once again we value your business, appreciate your comments and sincerely hope that you will return to the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel on your next visit to Central Florida.

Mona Lisa Suite Hotel Management
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Our family of four (two adults + two kids -- 4 & 1.5 year olds) are frequent visitors to Disney World and have visited eight different resorts on-property and off-property over the past three years. We just returned from our most recent trip, the second in a row in which we stayed at Mona Lisa, and we have found the place we will be staying every time going forward. Simply put, Mona Lisa is the best family option for any family planning a Disney vacation.

Rooms: The suites (it's an all suite hotel) are large, look brand new and are spotlessly kept. The beds are really comfortable and are perfect after a long day at the parks. The bedrooms are also large; in fact, they fit a king size bed plus a pack-and-play plus a kid's travel futon and still had plenty of room to walk around. The full kitchen is off-course helpful, and it's great having a free washer/dryer in the unit.

Resort: Mona Lisa is head and shoulders above other off-campus options in almost all aspects. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. The entire place is clean, sleek and new looking. The pool is a huge circle with a small island in the middle and is perfect to play in or lay-out by. A continental breakfast (juice, croissants, muffins, pastries) is included and can be ordered to-go or eat in (we take it to go and eat in the room). And while there is no gym on-site, they give free day passes to the awesome gym at the hospital across the street (I took a run there Friday night and was amazed at the three-story facility). Final note: the circular design of the hotel and the non-aligned doors make it really quiet. This past trip we shared the hotel with a slew of high school students and we never heard a peep from them once we entered our room.

Location: Right outside the 192 entrance to Disney, and right off the I-4 exit. It's as close to all the parks (except Animal Kingdom) as the All-Star resorts (but is cheaper for a suite!). We also have started leaving the parks for dinner and going into Celebration to eat...it's a lot more reasonable, relaxing and tasty.

Overall, we couldn't recommend Mona Lisa higher for people planning a trip to Disney. It's by the far the best value in the area and is really a hidden gem...which is amazing considering its location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!