“Loved our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa Bay
“Loved our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Our stay at the Mona Lisa was a wonderful experience. My husband and I were there with our daughter, her husband and their two young children (3 and 6). For the price, we were in awe of the spaciousness of our suite!

The suite we had was a handicapped room and both bathrooms in our suite would accomodate my wheelchair. The kitchen area was great. Full size refrigerator/freezer,
stove top, and dishwasher, and a small dining table. There was also a safe large enough to store your laptop in the closet.

As some of the other reviewers stated, the sleeper sofa was hard and uncomfortable. We pulled it out to sleep on it, but it was hard as a rock! If you plan to use it, you should
probably bring some sleeping bags for more padding. The two king beds were very soft and comfy with upscale linens.

The crown jewel of the hotel is the pool. Beautiful! Wonderful for tiny kids. The staff are great also. They go out of their way to be helpful. The free breakfast was only juice, coffee and pastries, but were fresh and delicious.

Don't understand the bad reviews. No hotel is perfect, but this one certainly comes close. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Laredo, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

After reading so many good and bad reviews, all I can say is that for the rate I got $109+tax for a two bedroom suite, this hotel delivers. Its brand new. I asked for a crib to be set up prior to my arrival and it was already in the 2nd bedroom when we arrived. It's a shame I have to agree with others that the suites do have stained carpets that give it an old feeling. Housekeeping could improve and I wouldnt mind paying a few extra bucks for it. This hotel is so close to WDW and almost 2 blocks from Main roads (Irlo B) with so many restaurants and a publix less than a mile. We always rent a car. I will definitively come back.

Knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed in a two bedroom condo/hotel. If you're looking for a comfortable, plush four star stay this is NOT it. It should be rated a three star at the very highest. It was clean, nicely done in the rooms but the furnishings were commercial grade and uncomfortable. If you're looking for a place to spend time in a comfortable setting (sitting on the one couch) this is not it. You slide off the couch when sitting on it. The place was designed as a "european" style and by U.S. standards is highly over rated. The staff was courteous and kind. The price was probably double what it should be. It had only about 10% occupancy. The pool was nicest part. The continental breakfast was a little lame. It is located conveniently to restaurants but about 10 miles from the attractions. We stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek the night prior to this for $45.00 and it was an extremely pleasant enjoyable night with true four-star accommodations. By the time we left, my husband called this the "Moaning Lisa". Pick somewhere else.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I think the hotel is fairly new....great location, excellent price/value...We stayed in a 2 bedroom which was large, clean (I am a clean freak) and I liked the kitchenette....It is accessible to Celebration and a short ride to Disney....Pool is AWESOME.....and due to the circular shape of the property it is very private....you don't hear traffic or anything.....I would highly recommend this hotel/condo....feels like home...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Foxboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

i read reviews all the time. People have to understand that this hotel is exactly what it was built for. Good value for the price. They save money by giving a nice room in a good location so you don't get killed from disney prices. I did not mind niot getting my room fully cleaned everyday. I would stay there again in a minute. The pool was awesome and when you are away the kitchen is great so you can have your own food.. I loved it and i saved hundreds..Celebration is beautiful too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

The hotel was fantastic.
The room was more than adequate, the staff were very polite and were always more than willing to help in any way possible.
We would deffinatly recomend this hotel and return again in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Viera, Floria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed with my family here in Aug. 2009 - this is a beautiful hotel with lovely art work and furnishings. The pool area is really superb and is a nice place for young families visiting disney . Like most hotels I have stayed in (from 3 star to 5 star) the housekeeping could be improved. I found a few hairballs on the bathroom floor, the furniture was quite dusty and the in-room coffee pot had not been completely cleaned. That being said I am a detail person and I have stayed in very few placeds where the house keeping was "to my standards." The bed and pillows were Soooo comfortable and I enjoyed the free continental breakfast. As for those that complained about it being just pastries and coffee or juice (ph-lease, its complementary). I thought it was great you actually got served it (instead of buffet) . The coffee and service in the restaurant was Great. I will most likely stay here again. My family really enjoyed it! It is right down the street from disney.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!