“Fabulous Holiday !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Celebration
“Fabulous Holiday !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at The Melia for our first visit to the USA . We thought the hotel was excellent for our needs, the double bedroom suite was massive and was perfect for my wife and I and our two daughters (10and 17) who had their own space in the suite. We found the service to be excellent cleaned and serviced daily and there was a small maintenance problem which was repaired very quickly without fuss. This is not a hotel with a" Kids club" that is why we went to the theme parks but offered a high quality time with a fabulous pool away from them. Disney is 15 minutes drive away.
The gastro bar was ideal for lighter tapas /grill / pizza with quality and a restaurant was also on site for a more formal setting.
The staff were friendly and would like to thank Hector, the "Anything is possible" man who was available for a very useful shuttle service if we wanted a drink without a drive, and Guiseppe and Kevin who were working at the bar, the cocktails and service was memorable, thanks!
This was an ideal Suite hotel which is different from a room type hotel offering your own apartment space within a 4 star hotel setting very close to the Parks.
Most enjoyable stay . Looking forward to visiting again.
Ron C and family .

Room Tip: Spacious well equipped rooms . Our none pool view room overlooked large areas of greenery not overl...

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second visit to this property and it was a total disappointment. The loss of "mojo" referred to by another reviewer I would sum up as constant bickering amongst staff members. It's amazing what one hears when others assume you don't understand their language. The greed factor seems to have really increased on the part of the cash grabbing management. Numerous surcharges and hidden fees pop up at check out. Food and drink prices are outrageous and if not for the great service by Kevin (the only bright spot in our 2 weeks) we would not have set foot in the bar/restaurant. Cleaning was shoddy at best and the constant commotion from the housekeeping office on the third floor was appalling. The "fully equipped" kitchen had no diner plates, two pots and a frying pan with a wobbling handle that seemed ready break off at anytime. Our balcony was a breeding ground for spiders as their nest were everywhere that looked like they hadn't been cleaned out in years. The continental breakfast is begrudgingly served by staff who seem only interested in up selling something from the menu. $13 for bacon and 2 eggs. The stale croissants and danish were hardly worth walking upstairs for. In my 40 plus years of customer service experience the problems I saw generally come from the top down. The staff discussions of the most recent firings and speculation as to who was next is not what I want to hear while on vacation. I witnessed several discussions between staff members as to whose job it was to serve this person or that, while the ignored customers waited to spend their money. We are very frequent travelers and the Melia chain has been scratched off our list as a result of this most recent visit. It is a shame, as we enjoyed our previous visit and looked forward to this stay. We have raved to friends and our travel agent about this property but that all changed after this stay. Just one final comment to Mr. JetseP, save your rationalizations and justifications we heard enough sniveling from your people during our stay.

We will never stay at a Melia again.

PS Customer Experience Manager Eric is the phoniest individual I have ever met in my 60 years!

cc Gremi Boters, 24
Polígono Industrial Son Castelló
07009 Palma de Mallorca
Spain

800 Brickell Avenue, 10th floor
33131 Miami, Florida
USA

Room Tip: Stay away from the third floor near the elevators. The housekeeping staff seems to hang out at that...
Sevenoaks, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed for 2 weeks after Melia was highly recommended by friends. On arrival we were told our room was not ready til 4pm, but we could upgrade to a double balcony overlooking the pool for £100 for our 2 week stay, so I did. Although a nicer suite, there was no double balcony.
the rooms were spacious and I can see why there would have been rave reviews as it looks stunning BUT look closer and you can see it is tired, carpets are wearing thin, the lift button had blue tape holding it on, parasols around the pool were broken and would not wind up. A brit next to us swapped a parasol from next to the bar area and was told off. He had a go and the next day they were all up secured with wire, not a good idea when you have storms every day in August.
Our room although cleaned well, had no frying pan,(not good when you have a self catering apartment) the cupboard doors were loose.
The continental breakfast was not worth it, pastries in a bowl and mediocre coffee.
The pool was very nice, free wi fi and 2 stand up computers for checking in etc, which was good. The hotel is very nicely situated and the town of Celebration is beautiful.
We had a great time, but on getting the bill we had 15 dollars plus tax added per night for resort tax. No one told me about that, when I queried it I was told it was for the water left in our fridge and the complimentary bus and taxi that were available free of charge. As we had a hire car we did not use it. I was told when I checked in I had signed to agree to pay this fee. When I queried this, I was told it was in the small print. The same person who had told me we would get a double balcony had failed to mention this. I thought this very underhand.
I think this hotel is resting on its reputation and is in decline. Still if you want a nicely located hotel and you are happy with the fees you could do worse, just query everything.

Room Tip: get one by the pool for a view if offered a double balcony upgrade, make sure it actually has one ou...
Cheshire, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our fifth visit to the melia in 3 years, I've always raved about it and sent a few of my friends there on my recommendation but his time not so good. It's hard to put into words when a hotel,loses it's mojo but I didn't feel the melia was so good this year. The breakfast arrangement has changed from a continental buffet to a basket of pastries and an overpriced menu for eggs or fruit. The a la carte restaurant was empty and lacking atmosphere when we paid our only visit there one evening .The maid service to clean the room was arriving at 5 pm when we were returning from our hectic days out to shower and change so some days she arrived to clean and just emptied the trash without really servicing the room. She left 2 bottles of water even thought there were 5 of us staying there. The cocktails around the pool were served in plastic cups without fruit or ice or a straw but with a hefty tab. Sorry melia that will vibe out last visit.

Room Tip: 2 bed suite gives more space for families
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Nic851,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear your most recent stay with us fell short of your previous stays. I am glad to know you received the complimentary 2 bottles of water delivered to the room which is included in your resort fee. For the future, I encourage you to please try our On Demand Minibar service for any additional drinks or snacks you may want to have on hand in your room. As far as the pool goes, we do not allow glassware on the pool deck for the safety of all of our guests. Next time you come by, please try to make it a point to stop in on Friday nights where our Flamenco guitarist is performing most every week.

Best to you and your family,

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed at melia Orlando suite hotel at celebration for our two week break in Florida. We arrived back in uk last Sunday 17th. The hotel was brilliant, the staff were friendly and always really helpful. The rooms were clean and excellently equipped for our self catering needs, the rooms were cleaned every day and we always had fresh towels. The pool area was great and clean. The complimentary transport which took us into celebration was great, letting us go out for the evening and not have to worry about having a drink. Staff member Hector was always extremely helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast was adequate for our needs! The only small negative was the bar area, which lacked a little atmosphere and drinks were quite expensive. Overall our stay there was great and would recommend to a family like ourselves.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us. I am so glad to hear you had a great stay! We pride ourselves on our service excellence, and I am very glad top hear we have hit the mark. Our poolside drink and food service is definitely something to experience in beautiful sunny Florida, and the complimentary hotel shuttle is a great amenity that I am glad you were able to use. Next time you come by our Gastrobar, I would encourage you to stop by on a Friday night to hear our Flamenco Guitarist play.

Best Regards,
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a terrific European hotel chain -- very spacious, two-bedroom, two-bath condo with kitchen close to all the theme parks makes it super convenient to travel with family and clean, modern decor, great pool and a super attentive staff / great customer service for an extremely reasonable price!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Meg,

Thanks so much for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear we have hit the mark and I do hope you come back and stay with us soon. Your sunny home away from home will be ready for you!

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel in a quiet and easily accessible area for all parks (Disneyland, Universal Studios, Sea World, ...) , with an efficient and professional and always trying to help make your stay perfect and can enjoy the day to the fullest. They make a perfect team because they are very attentive, polite and always willing to help at any time. And with employees who speak Spanish.

They have a shuttle to take you to the supermarket even a driver !! Very Necessary, useful and recommended

Return to this hotel without hesitation!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Carmen,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and our staff. It was truly a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I am so glad we could create a special memory for you all. It will be a pleasure hosting you again in the future. Please do keep in touch, as I know our entire hotel misses you all and has such fond memories of your visit with us.

All the best,

Jetse

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!