“near perfect holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“near perfect holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed at the Melia in june of this year. We have visited Florida for our holidays every year for the
last seventeen years, staying in Disney property , five star hotels , villas the whole gambit and we
are pleased to say we enjoyed this the most , why ? for the following reasons.
Location , on Disney doorstep and at the bottom of I Drive south
Transport, Who else takes yto the local supermarket let alone the Theme Parks ?
Rooms , large ,clean,well fitted out great comfy bed.
Swimming pool , absolutely lovely with a very handy bar for drinks and snacks.
Staff, from the Manager to the room maids we were always met with pleasant smiling faces
together with a most helpful attitude from all the staff at this most charming hotel they made what was a celebration of out 50th wedding anniversary all the more enjoyable. We would
most certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would choose a floor as high as possible to enhance the view form the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed 7 nights in July. The staff at the front desk allowed us to check in early and were very welcoming and pleasant. We stayed in a one room suite and had an amazing view of Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks every night. Our suite was clean and comfortable. We had a well-equipped kitchenette. We had to bring a lamp from our bedroom to the living room because the overhead lights were too bright and don't make for a nice atmosphere. Our suite was cleaned daily (bed made, dishes washed, garbage changed, water stocked and toiletries refilled). The best part of our stay was the pool area. It was absolutely beautiful! It was clean and not overcrowded. We always brought our drinks down from our room, but there was also poolside bar service if needed. Our vacation was nice and relaxing and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have just returned from the Melia, and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.
The hotel is situated 3 miles from Disney, with easy access from the I4. We upgraded to one of the 2 bed suites, it was massive, had a kitchen, and was impressively furnished. The pool is fine, big enough for a swim, and enough space for the kids to enjoy themselves, also had plenty of Sun loungers and service from the bar.
We normally don't eat to often in hotel restaurants, but the gastropub was exceptional and reasonably priced, the service was also very good.

Great hotel.

Cheadle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lovely, friendly staff throughout. Extremely lovely hotel, good amenities, central location to all the Disney parks, Downtown Disney, etc. Travelled with my husband and 4 year old and having the option to cater for ourselves within our hotel suite was perfect. We usually stay in villas during our trips to Florida, but this place was a plus, cause I didn't have to do any tidying up, lol.......would highly recommend to all.

Room Tip: Any!!! They are all good, although if you don't want noise from the pool, which is open until 11...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Loved our stay. Very spacious room, 2 flat screen Tv"s, kitchen with all dinnerware, pots & pans, dishwasher, microwave, big refrigerator. The room was clean and the pool is heated really nice way to relax. The service was great! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I just spend two weeks in this hotel and the rooms are certainly not to the standard they are pictured on their website.
During our two week stay, the staff did make the beds and supply fresh towels however the room was not cleaned once. For two weeks, the floor was not hovered or wiped and the room smelled quite badly too.
Also the furniture was very tatty and worn and the overall quality of the room was extremely poor.
Watch out for wide frame round the bed as it's quite sharp and both my husband and I hurt our legs on it.
We enjoyed the pool area and the location of the hotel however the room and the extra charges were very disappointing and I would not stay at this hotel again!!

I would not stay here agai

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Celebration
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a good stay here but my card was over charged $1,142.00 by the hotel. Being a hotel owner that didn't look good. It took 4 days for the bank to release my funds back to my card and the hotel offered nothing for there mistake.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

JetseP, General Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Mr. E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your experience with us. I am very sorry your time here was affected by this error in the credit card processing system. Unfortunately, since your reservation was made so close to the time which you checked in, there was a period of time which needed to lapse before the correct billing instructions are set up in the system. Due to this oversight, this caused your card to be authorized, and on behalf of the front desk and the entire hotel, I would like to apologize that you were affected by this. This, in no way, should have ever been something that you were even aware of. I know you worked with Chris and Eric on resolving this issue, and I hope it was completed to your satisfaction and there was no further incident with any other aspect of your stay. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know.

Best,
Jetse

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!