“The aftercare was rubbish.. Such a shame !!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Up to 45% off
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Devon, United Kingdom
“The aftercare was rubbish.. Such a shame !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Melia in August and had an amazing time. We didnt complain at all during our stay until we arrived home. I quickly realised on the plane on our return journey that I had left my GHD straighteners in the cupboard of the ensuite. After a quick nap I rung the Hotel and was put through to House Keeping to ask if they could be returned to me. I said I was happy to pay the postage but I was told that nothing had been handed in. The housekeeper said that the office staff would then contact me by the end of the day to update me. I was not contacted and rung the next day and spoke to another member of staff who said that they had no record of my phone call. I rung the Hotel for five days in a row and I was put on hold for 35 minutes on one of the days. On the fifth day, I demanded that I spoke to a senior manager who informed that there was nothing that could be done but gave me the number for the local Sheriff to log my complaint. I was appalled by the service. I then asked to speak to someone more senior than her and one of the Directors of Housekeeping rung me and he told me that he did not know that this problem had arose and also informed me that the room was never checked when I made the initial phonecall to the Hotel. He offered me a free night at the Hotel if I were too ever stay there again( I mentioned that we may be returning to Florida 2014/2015) I emailed back asking did they have any sister Hotels in the UK and I have not heard from them since..
Such a shame ....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EricMelia, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Sian B,
On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize that you did not receive the follow-up that you should have from us. I have spoken with our executive housekeeper and he will be reaching back out to you. We want to ensure that our clients are well looked after, and I can ensure you we will do what is necessary to make it right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

May be because it is a resort hotel we needed a shuttle which they provide to go to any nearby restaurants or stores.Therefore we found the location not convenient.They provided us with spacious room with kitchen and dining. .We found the service good with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I brainstormed all kinds of ideas for my birthday this year, but after the dust cleared, only two ideas remained – an excellent dinner and a sexy hotel room. After all, I’m single, childfree, celebrating a thirty-something birthday, and wanted my surroundings to reflect a beautiful, contemporary, chic atmosphere.

I scoured the Internet for hotels in Orlando and scrutinized the offerings downtown and in the I-Drive area. I finally settled on the Melia for a number of reasons. First and foremost, as an artsy boutique hotel, it fit my sexy and unique requirement. Secondly, it’s in close proximity to my chosen dinner locale (Charley’s Steakhouse – literally right across the street). Thirdly, the price for a two-bedroom suite for two nights was really reasonable.

From the moment I entered the scented lobby until the morning I left, the Melia and its staff did not disappoint. My suite was spacious with a flat screen TV in the living area and in both bedrooms. The comforters were luxuriously soft. The master bedroom included a tub and a shower with one of those flat showerheads that rain down on you. One of my favorite aspects of the suite was the fact that it was on a corner and the master bedroom had a wall with a huge window that was perpendicular to the large square balcony (complete with four chairs, a large round table, and a three-seat patio chair). The balcony overlooked a large well-kept field, which doesn’t sound like much of a view, but turned out to be surprisingly peaceful and nice, particularly at night with the wind blowing through the grass.

Not only was the room lovely, the staff was excellent. Kristen in the hotel’s Bistro restaurant took great care of me and arranged to have the appetizer of my choice brought to the room for my birthday. She even called after my lunch (crab cake and spare rib – very good!) was delivered to ensure it was to my liking. Thomas at the front desk quickly and graciously added on an additional night for my birthday when I explained that, as a rewards program member, I had not received the link to do so via email. When the woman who sets the tasty chocolates on the pillow found out it was my birthday, she added a few extra chocolates on the bed and shaped them into an "F." And Jacoby, who drove us to dinner in the hotel’s SUV (which is available to provide guests rides in the immediate area), was a charming perfect gentleman. He even stayed an hour after his shift was over to come and pick us up.

Overall, my stay was excellent. A couple quirks – there’s a resort fee of $15 per night that is added upon arrival. I don’t have a problem with the fee, and I’m sure it was mentioned in the fine print somewhere when I made my reservation. I just prefer that when I pay in full prior to arriving at a hotel that all costs are included. Also, there didn’t appear to be a way to get from the D hotel building to the main building (which houses the lobby, restaurant, breakfast) without going outside. Which was fine…except when it was raining. A simple awning-covered walkway would take care of that.

But again, overall, great time. Most of the staff I encountered went the extra mile to ensure a great experience and indulge a girl on her birthday. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
EricMelia, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Faith,
Thank you so much for your feedback of your recent stay here at the Melia Orlando. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your birthday, and enjoyed all of our amenities and wonderful staff while you were here on property. From all of our outstanding Melia family, we would like to wish you a safe return home and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Melia Orland for our two week break. The rooms are lovely very spacious, the kitchen was great with a huge fridge and dishwasher, although there was no kettle or pan to boil water, but hey ho didn't miss a cup of tea that much ! The staff are very helpful and friendly, the sofa bed was very uncomfortable for my son but there was no problem changing to a roll away which was far more comfortable. The bonus this hotel has over other we have stayed in is that all the rooms have a balcony, after a long day at the parks we would sit on the balcony with a glass of wine playing cards or sit by the pool, it could remain very warm in the evenings the pool was open till 11pm which was fab.

We ate at the hotel a few times and had room service and must say the quality of the food was excellent, far better than one of the recommended restaurants "Charleys". Keep your money and eat elsewhere, we also had a really good meal at "joes Crab Shack" the place had a buzzing atmosphere, the food and service were excellent.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, its great for couples, families, young or not so young. I would like to go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear CardiffSmythe,
We are pleased to hear you had a fab time here at the Melia Orlando. We pride ourselves in our service excellence and I am proud to hear we made your trip to Orlando special. We look forward to you coming back and seeing us. Just let us know before you come next time, and we'll have your kettle waiting in the room for you!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are just back from another wonderful stay at the Melia Suites, this was our second visit to the hotel but we regulars to the Orlando area.

The rooms are fantastic, very comfortable with an amazing huge bed. Rooms were serviced everyday.

The staff could not have been more friendly, especially Kevin and all his bar staff, who made was extremely welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Melia Hotel first two weeks in September with our two daughters aged 18 and 21. We cannot praise the hotel and staff enough. We choose an end room for the double balcony, which overlooked woodland regularly visited by Jays and Hawks? The location is ideal for getting to the parks and further afield. The beds are amazing, the rooms superb, some of the furniture needed attention but wasn't a problem. Cleaners excellent. All in all fantastic value for money. We visited the gym, which is complimentary and was an awesome facility. We have been visiting Florida for 14 years and rarely revisit the same accommodation twice but we would definitely revisit The Melia again.

Room Tip: Choose an end room for the much larger balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having previously visited in March 2012, we had no hesitation in booking the Melia for our main holiday this year - 3 weeks across August September 2013.

Previously, we gave a 5 star review on a 10 day break. For that visit we had not tried the pool area or the breakfast but did on this occasion.

I'd love to give it 5 stars again, but feel that there were just enough small things not quite right that didn't merit it.

Plusses -
The rooms are huge - we had a 2 bed suite this time and there is plenty of room for 5 adults.
To have a full sized kitchen is great.
The beds are huge and extremely comfortable.
The location is perfect for the 192, I4 and all the Disney Parks.
The buffet continental breakfast, although basic, was great.
The hotel is excellent value for money.

Negatives -
Come on guys, why give a 2 bed suite and only have 2 forks in the drawer? There were a couple of other items missing too. Surely the room inventory is checked for each new guest? It feels awkward heading down to reception and asking for 3 forks to be delivered to the room.
Our room door lock was a bit dodgy and on occasion didnt lock. I reported it and although it worked better afterwards, it was still no perfect.
The pool area is fantastic but I don't know what the cleaning schedule is. Our first week there was plenty algae on the poolsides. It was cleaned for our 2nd and 3rd week.
Its time to upgrade the decor - on 1F and 2F, the colour scheme is much better and appears cleaner and newer than 3F - perhaps you folks are upgrading it a level at a time?
The furniture in our room showed quite a bit of wear and tear with drawer fronts loose to the point of almost falling off, and table tops heavily scored/marked. Its a shame guests cant treat the furniture with more respect, but it should be repaired or replaced when broken.
Halfway through our visit the buffet breakfast was switched to table service! Awkward asking for a few bowls of cereal. Clearly the management are pushing for people to 'upgrade' to a cooked breakfast. For us, it was just awkward, and also having to leave another server tip which is not required at a buffet. We gave up on breakfast when they switched to table service.
Bottled water is supplied every day as part of the resort day charge of $15... I'd rather they dropped the water and started supplying decent filter coffee. The two types of coffee supplied are horrendously awful tasting.

Overall, we still LOVE this hotel, but the management MUST keep up a decent level of investment to keep it perfect, otherwise all the small things noted above add up and its just not really acceptable.

We will definitely use the Melia again as the plusses far outweigh the negatives - just don't let us down by letting standards slip further!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!