“This is review regarding Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“This is review regarding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am due to stay in the hotel in October for two weeks. I have had several questions which I emailed to the hotel prior and the service I have recieved to date has been 10 out of 10. Great staff who seem to care about the stay for their customers! If this service prior to my stay is anything to go by, we are going to have a great vacaction!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stay for over than 20 days . The hotel must be 2 star . I don't knew why they do breakfast . Because its nothing. Front desk employee is the best but some mangers no need for them but one of the his name start with M is the best
Every day u need to call to clean the room good and put some staff like soap .i went to Boston and Paris even. Malaysia all 4 or 5 stars was exllent like dream . I will never deal with this hotel on my life .

• Stayed August 2013
Marcus G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Melia Orlando. Your comments assist us in improving our day to day operations and help us to meet our esteemed clients expectations. Cleanliness and service excellence are paramount concerns to us, and I am disheartened that it appears we have missed the mark. I would like to speak with you in further detail about the inconveniences you have noted, as I know we can do better. As a world traveler with Melia and highly regarded Mas Rewards member, I'm sure you do as well. Please feel free to reach out to me at melia.orlando@melia.com so we may set up a time to further discuss these lapses in service.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

After reading many, many reviews of hotels in and around Celebration and Kissimmee, I decided to take a chance on Melia Suite Hotel, I ignored the negative comments as I like to keep an open mind, and I was right to!
I read that the welcome was cold from some visitors, I felt nothing but warmth and a willingness to help, I read the decor was dated, maybe it's had an update as I feel this hotel is stylish and modern, then there was the furniture in the room, some were saying draws were hard to open and that the units were cheap...ok, it's not exactly solid oak, but it's stable, it's ample and it does the job it's meant to, in my eyes people are being far too picky if that's something to complain about!
The kitchen is great, big fridge/freezer, enough utensils to work with, great cooking facilities too, no oven but didn't make a difference to us, the hobs and large microwave were enough.
The location is beyond great! Everything you need is a short drive away, shops, restaurants, bars, even the theme parks, and if you're not driving they have a free shuttle, awesome!
All in all we are having an amazing stay, we really want to move in permanently...who knows, maybe one day?

• Stayed August 2013
Recife
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Large rooms but terrible cleaning.
No vacuuning , bathrooms cleaning , dust all over!,,,Sleeping was a nightmare with all the dust in the room.
Balcony stayed 5 days with grass pieces from gardennig.
They don't say on the site that an extra charge per day of $15,00 is charged for transportation to DisneyWorld and other amenities that you're obliged to pay even if you're not using them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
To our Esteemed Client-
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your commentary regarding your recent stay at the Melia Orlando Hotel. I am deeply disappointed to hear it was anything less than outstanding, as cleanliness is one of our foremost priorities. Our housekeeping inspection program that is in place is designed to prevent and eliminate any of these inconsistencies in the level of service we provide, and I would like to further research your situation. We strive to be as forthcoming as possible with the additional cost of the $15/day resort fee by reminding all of our guests upon arrival to the hotel during the check-in process. I do apologize if this information was not delivered in an effective and professional manner.

I would like to speak with you more regarding the details of your stay for record-keeping, accountability, and most importantly our esteemed guests' satisfaction. Please feel free to e-mail me at melia.orlando@melia.com so that I may further discuss this with you.
Nassau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Melia Orlando is not your typical Florida hotel. The walk from the lobby to your room is further than any other Florida hotel I have every stayed at, and the hallways give off a very different vibe. They are wider, their decor is less hotel-like, in some way, they feel like a high school or something.

The rooms are ideal for family trips, and come with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen. If everything worked, it would have been a great stay, but several door knobs, water faucets, etc. weren't working, came off, etc.

The biggest confusion of our stay, however, was caused by the less than adequate signposting. Even with a GPS in the rental car, we had difficult finding the hotel, as it is quite a ways back from the road, and not visible from where the driveway meets the entrance. The sign there is small and not at all illuminated. If you arrive after dark, as we did, you will have difficulty finding it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We drove down from NY to Orlando to spend 2012 Christmas here.

The hotel is round with an outdoor, heated round pool surrounded by the restaurant and the rooms.

The room itself was well laid out with a great kitchen and bathroom. The pullout couch was extremely uncomfortable so get a 2 BR if you have kids. OR get a rollaway but you will need to pay for it.

The service was a bit slow when we asked for something but it was xmas and they had a few baseball training camps staying there so I will give them a bit of break.

The restaurant was a bit expensive so we only ate there 1 time. There are plenty of stores in the area to buy food. Must have a car to get around though. The continental breakfast is ok. They should have more fruit and they run out of cups and plates fast.

They offer free transportation to the many theme parks but make sure to tip the driver. Location is very good, right next to Disney and only 20 minutes away from Universal and Sea World.

Overall, a nice place.

Room Tip: Don't make your kids sleep on the pullout couch, get the 2BR! Save $ by eating elsewhere and bu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I researched hotels for weeks before deciding on the Melia. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary with a theme park week in Florida. The Melia was everything we hoped for and more. The grounds were clean and pretty. The parking was free and plentiful. Our room was large and modern. All of the amenities worked. There were no hidden fees (we were charged a $15 + tax resort fee per day, but that was clearly stated in the confirmation from Priceline). The cleaning staff made our bed and replaced all used towels and toiletries daily. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room had free wi-fi and great televisions (2 in fact). The breakfast was filling. Croissants, bagels, danishes, donuts, cereal, orange juice, apples, bananas, and pb&j's were the daily free fare. I recommend a glass of OJ and a pb&j on a toasted bagel to get your day at Disney or Universal started right. Speaking of which, there are so many options for transportation to the parks from Melia. The shuttles had multiple pick up and return times to choose from and were always on time. They can get packed, but we were never left without a ride. The hotel is located within a mile or two of several restaurants which they are happy to provide transportation to. We would like to give special thanks to Tom, who was working the front desk upon our arrival at the hotel. We arrived at 2:30am, tired from our 16 hour journey from Texas. Despite the late hour, Tom was friendly, energetic, and genuinely kind and helpful. He immediately made us feel that we had chosen the perfect place to celebrate and relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!