“Beautiful, Comfortable, and Quiet-Close to Everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Celebration
USA
“Beautiful, Comfortable, and Quiet-Close to Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Melia Orlando was such a pleasant surprise. I had never stayed at a Melia resort and I am so glad that I did. The moment that we walked throught the doors we were greeted with kindness and smiles (Ken was terrific). Our room was ready and immaculate. Our room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen area and a living area with three full size televisions. The hotel sits back away from the road providing a quietness that you wouldn't expect from the Orlando area. The rooms themselves were also very quiet, we didn't hear a peep from anyone else. Our housekeeping was very good most of the days, only one day did we not have trash bags in the trash containers or paper towels or waters. The pool area is so beautiful and wasn't congested like a lot of places can be. Always fresh towels and great pool side service. The pool was great for kids because it had the zero depth side for them to play in. There's also a laundry room to wash your clothes if needed, which is a nice bonus. The rooms are so spacious and clean, there was plenty of room to bring friends and family. The morning breakfast was very nice. It consisted of bagels, cereals, fruit, pastry, toast, teas and coffee- which is complimentary. The bar area was very clean and had a nice atmosphere. You could order a pizza or other foods to go whenever you were hungry or eat there! I can't say enough nice things about the hotel- it was fabulous!! There was a man that was always working hard with a very friendly smile, his name was Miguel, he was ALWAYS working hard at the hotel every time that we saw him.The location is the best part, it was only about an eight minute drive to all of the parks and there were multiple restaurants seconds away from you. I was amazed at how easy it was to travel around by car with little congestion, especially in July. The Melia also provides shuttles to the parks and outlets, they worked very well and were pretty efficient. Having stayed on the Disney resorts before, this time our trip to Orlando was so much better because of Melia!!

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having just returned from a 2 week stay at the Melia, our first night didn't go according to plan. Along with my wife and 2 teenage daughters 17 and 15, we were put into a room with a disabled bathroom just of the bedroom. My daughters had a sofa bed, which was appalling. You couldn't just see the springs in the mattress, you could count them. After the first night my daughters were in so much discomfort that I decided to ask for a new mattress. Before I got that far, my youngest daughter had a shower on the first morning, and we ended up with a flooded bathroom with water running into the bedroom. With the bathroom set up for a disabled person, the shower just had a curtain, with very little drainage or floor gradient to allow water to run away. The bathroom was flooded after 2 minutes and we had to use our own towels to stem the flow of water. A telephone call to reception was met with a response of "maintenance don't start for another 15 minutes" After complaining about the lack of assistance to dry the bathroom floor and bedroom carpet we were offered another room, which overlooked the car park, however the sofa bed was just as bad. Refusing this room ended with my wife and I arguing our points with the reception staff and manager before they decided to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite. This room was excellent and couldn't be faulted. The pool area was very clean and couldn't be faulted. Live music at the weekends was also excellent. Paul in the bar was a star and very customer focussed. Certain reception staff could learn from him. Ken and Hector the courtesy bus drivers were also excellent. Celebration is a beautiful town and well worth a visit. After getting over the initial disappointment, we had a great holiday, however the jury is out on whether we would return to the Melia.

Room Tip: Book a 2 bedroom suite if there are more than 2 in your party, the sofa beds are appalling.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service excellence and I am disappointed to hear that we have missed the mark.

I have investigated the issues you have brought to light with the appropriate department heads and we are handling the resolutions internally. In order to further research and target areas of opportunity, I would like to get more details from you.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback regarding your last stay, and I would love to get to chat with you more. Please feel free to e-mail us at meliaorlando@melia.com so that I may have the opportunity to speak with you personally.
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I shared a 2 bedroom suite with my 9 year old niece and my parents during a trip to Disney World.

The hotel is beautiful, inside and out. The hallways, public areas, lobby, rooms, and pool area are clean, ultra-modern, and just generally beautiful. It really goes against the typical "hotel" look and feel, and looks more like an upscale apartment or condo building. The location is perfect, just a few minutes from Disney and close to Kissimmee's endless stores and restaurants.

The only thing I wasn't 100% satisfied with was the service, and even then, my complaints are relatively minor. The hotel layout is pretty confusing - it's broken into several buildings and everything looks the same. I got lost once or twice, and on one occasion, upon asking a maintenance worker where the lobby was, he seemed shocked and asked "You don't know where the lobby is?!" Not a big deal, but it struck me as a little rude. Also, my mom is a travel agent and booked us through a special rate, which I assume has something to do with the next issue. The "complementary" breakfast requires vouchers, which we never received. So we were stopped at the breakfast buffet, asked to check with the front desk about vouchers, and told we didn't have them on our reservation. I'd just be careful about counting on having free breakfast, we did, and ended up paying for breakfast every day.

I really did like this hotel, I just felt a little less than welcome. I would, however, stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool view pools are great.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I will never stay at a Disney resort again after staying at this hotel. The hotel is located a 10 minute car ride away from Animal Kingdom, ESPN Sports Zone and Blizzard Beach. It is near a Publix Supermarket and other basic shopping. And the hotel boasts an abundance or reasonably priced one and two-bedroom suites with fully stocked kitchens. The full size refrigerator, microwave and stovetop means that you can cook a dinner if you wish at the end of a long day - a real bonus for families with small children. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The cost which is HALF or more of what you would pay at Disney includes breakfast and access to a gorgeous pool. Only those brainwashed by Disney would stay on site. This is the much smarter place to stay, hands down.

Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Family vacation in July 2013.
We've got 3 bdrm suite with fully equiped kitchen: full size fridge, stove, dishwasher, micro, coffeemaker. The room was amazingly comfortable.

The continental breakfast included: bagels/bread +whipped cheese cream, 2-3 types of pasteries, jam/penut butter, 3 types of cereals, milk, orange juice, tea/horrible American coffee, 2-3 types of fruits.

The hotel is pretrty small; buildings and the pool, free parking.
Pool was nice, especially for kids.
Ther is a complimentary loundry (you pay for the detergent, if you need it)

Wi-fi internet was awfull.
Must have - car to get get around or die from boredom at the hotel.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
Recommend.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was my favorite in the past when I stayed here for work as the staff was super friendly, there was free continental breakfast, and the room service was great. Unfortunately, I took my wife and daughter on vacation here and the management has changed the place. They now charge $7 for continental breakfast and still charge you a $15 per day resort fee. My wife ordered room service and it took 1 1/2 hours to get after several problems. She ordered lunch at 1:30pmET, did not get it, ordered it again at 2pm ET, and finally got the food to her room at 3:00pm ET. The food was cold and the staff woke up our sleeping daughter from a nap. Again, I used to love this place but will definitely be finding a new resort to stay at next time for work - too bad! IT IS MORE OF A HOTEL FEELING THAN RESORT:(

Room Tip: Make sure to get pool view or your location will be bad.
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just come back from our second visit to this hotel and still as good as last time. We had a 2 bed suite with 2 teenagers, really big and spacious rooms and plenty of space to get away from each other after a long day out. Good kitchen with the basic essentials for cooking and massive fridge/freezer if you wanted to cook. I must mention that the beds were so cosy it was hard to get up in the morning. Balcony to sit out on in the evening to enjoy your glass of wine. Pool facilities really good and plenty of sun loungers to soak up the sun. Pool open to late in the evening so could enjoy relaxing after a long day out. Washing machines and dryers were free to use which was a bonus. Excellent gym facilities at local hospital just over the way that you could us. All staff are friendly and always acknowledge you even on passing and nothing is to much of a problem, things get fixed very quickly. Breakfast is continental, but plenty there and a good selection. Good location and easy to get on I-4 or to all the attractions, plenty of restaurants and supermarket about 5 mins drive or a nice 15 min walk away. Celebration Town is only a short ride away and well worth a visit as some nice shops and park with good eating in the restaurants as well. We will definitely be coming back here on our next visit to Orlando as it is always a pleasure to stay somewhere that you feel comfortable at.

Room Tip: Upper floors better as nicer view and try to get one over-looking pool area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!