“2 bdrm suite was amazing, hotel itself average.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Celebration
Vaughan, Canada
“2 bdrm suite was amazing, hotel itself average.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Family vacation in July 2013.
We've got 3 bdrm suite with fully equiped kitchen: full size fridge, stove, dishwasher, micro, coffeemaker. The room was amazingly comfortable.

The continental breakfast included: bagels/bread +whipped cheese cream, 2-3 types of pasteries, jam/penut butter, 3 types of cereals, milk, orange juice, tea/horrible American coffee, 2-3 types of fruits.

The hotel is pretrty small; buildings and the pool, free parking.
Pool was nice, especially for kids.
Ther is a complimentary loundry (you pay for the detergent, if you need it)

Wi-fi internet was awfull.
Must have - car to get get around or die from boredom at the hotel.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
Recommend.

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was my favorite in the past when I stayed here for work as the staff was super friendly, there was free continental breakfast, and the room service was great. Unfortunately, I took my wife and daughter on vacation here and the management has changed the place. They now charge $7 for continental breakfast and still charge you a $15 per day resort fee. My wife ordered room service and it took 1 1/2 hours to get after several problems. She ordered lunch at 1:30pmET, did not get it, ordered it again at 2pm ET, and finally got the food to her room at 3:00pm ET. The food was cold and the staff woke up our sleeping daughter from a nap. Again, I used to love this place but will definitely be finding a new resort to stay at next time for work - too bad! IT IS MORE OF A HOTEL FEELING THAN RESORT:(

Room Tip: Make sure to get pool view or your location will be bad.
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just come back from our second visit to this hotel and still as good as last time. We had a 2 bed suite with 2 teenagers, really big and spacious rooms and plenty of space to get away from each other after a long day out. Good kitchen with the basic essentials for cooking and massive fridge/freezer if you wanted to cook. I must mention that the beds were so cosy it was hard to get up in the morning. Balcony to sit out on in the evening to enjoy your glass of wine. Pool facilities really good and plenty of sun loungers to soak up the sun. Pool open to late in the evening so could enjoy relaxing after a long day out. Washing machines and dryers were free to use which was a bonus. Excellent gym facilities at local hospital just over the way that you could us. All staff are friendly and always acknowledge you even on passing and nothing is to much of a problem, things get fixed very quickly. Breakfast is continental, but plenty there and a good selection. Good location and easy to get on I-4 or to all the attractions, plenty of restaurants and supermarket about 5 mins drive or a nice 15 min walk away. Celebration Town is only a short ride away and well worth a visit as some nice shops and park with good eating in the restaurants as well. We will definitely be coming back here on our next visit to Orlando as it is always a pleasure to stay somewhere that you feel comfortable at.

Room Tip: Upper floors better as nicer view and try to get one over-looking pool area
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed on International Drive on both our previous visits to Orlando and wanted to try a different location this time. Initially the hotel appeared to be out on its own a little, however once we had settled in and looked around we found it to be very well placed. It is near plenty of restaurant and shops and also only a 5 minute drive from the beautiful town of Celebration. The hotel actually offers a transport service within the area meaning you can eat out locally and enjoy a drink without having to drive.
The hotel itself is modern, spacious and clean and the rooms are a good size and well equipped. The staff are polite and very helpful and someone is available 24 hours a day. The pool area is clean and well maintained, towels and beds are plentiful. The gym is at the local health centre/hospital which is either a short drive or a 10 minute walk, the hotel will provide transport both ways. The full gym/spa/pool is all complimentary and again all staff are fantastic.
There is a laundry room which is free to use if needed.
All in all I would definitely recommend a trip to this hotel - our party contained 2 adults and (older) children who are 21 and 18 however it would definitely suit younger families and couples.

Room Tip: The only recommendation I would make is if you want a quiet room then maybe avoid being around the p...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Melia many times and have yet to be disappointed. Each visit seems to be just as pleasable as the last. Rooms are modern,clean, attractive and staff is most hopeful. It located in the community of Celebration gives you that special Disney/universal feel

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my family stayed at the Melia Suite in May for 2 weeks and we found no fault at all. We had the 2 bedroom suite and they are enormous rooms, very clean and tidy. The service charge at the hotel covers your breakfast , wifi and bus the the parks. I would defiantly stay again and have recommended it to others! All in all we had a great stay at the Melia and will go back.

Room Tip: Get the double room suites, very spacious .
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tinley Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I are still at this hotel awaiting our departure from our week long stay. This was my family's long awaited Disneyworld vacation that we had saved for years for. You expect your young children to have tears in their eyes when having to leave Disneyworld, but not from their own personal items being stolen from hotel staff. I cannot believe I am spending my last hours in Florida comforting my daughter's tears. I am 100% sure her Nintendo DS along with all her games and charger was stolen. We had kept it in her night stand and it NEVER left the room, I made sure of that. I checked these things constantly. Last night we came back to our hotel room from a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom and we were locked out of our room. Our room keys, all of them, did not work. My husband had to go to the front desk and get us new keys...weird...but we thought nothing of it. This morning I see room charges on our bill that were not supposed to be there. After speaking with the front desk, I got no where. She finally had the manager call me back to speak with me but only after I kept being persistent about the unfair charges. Ridiculous! I just wasted so much time proving a valid point! The manager called back and said he would refund the charges. That remains to be seen, I will be checking that. The charges are $20 per night for pool view upgrade. Be aware, ask to see the room before you go and upgrade, because the room we stayed in is tree view, NOT pool view. Save yourself the hassle and ask to see the room and ask to have a printed copy of charges BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING! The handle for the shower falls off as soon as you turn it on, but really, that was nothing I couldn't deal with. Also a lot of the cooking utensils and bowls are nonexistent, but once again, that was also nothing I couldn't deal with. The customer service is what gets to you! The room was fairly clean. The shuttle bus times are few and far between and only go to Epcot. A couple times we had to wait an extra hour plus for a shuttle that did not show up. There is a full size fridge, and the rooms are spacious, these are both good things. the pool was nice too. The staff did send a cab to us promptly the one time when the shuttle was going to be delayed for a while. that was also a plus. I am very honest and acknowledge both good and bad points. I just am utterly disappointed with todays events. It is very unfortunate. I do not want this to be my daughters last memory of her trip to Disneyworld :( Bottom line, if you choose to stay here, don't bring valuables, get everything in writing and review it thoroughly before you initial it and/or sign it, and ask to see your room physically before you upgrade or anything of that matter. Also, if Disney bound, I would suggest renting a car or be prepared to take taxis now and then on your dime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!