“Ignore all negative reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Orlando, Florida
“Ignore all negative reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am into my 4th day of 14 night stay here at the celebration, after reading some negative comments I was apprehensive on what to expect. I should not have been concerned - hence my early review. This hotel is extremely clean, excellently presented, fantastic location for both disney parks, malls and international drive. The celebration town is idyllic and a perfect get way from the hustle and bustle. The staff at the hotel and most helpful - nothing is too much trouble, both the manager brad and josh went out of their way to find information about events within celebration. The friendly staff I have ever encountered at a hotel - and we've stayed at lots. The hotel is a perfect place for couples, families - our party has 3 girls, 2, and 4 years old. The rooms are brilliant and cleaned every day - wifi is great, yes you can lose a signal sometimes near the pool but by placing yourself closer to the bar area or in your rooms and there is no problem. Food is great and reasonably priced. On my next return to Orlando I will book again at this hotel. Totally satisfied and happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Best feature for me was free washer/dryer in the landry room. Only had to pay $1.25 for soap. Room was clean. Housekeeping changed towels, made the bed, tidied up a bit. Did not change sheets. Maintenance responded quickly to fix light bulbs, stuck dresser drawers, running toilet. Bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast was inferior - coffee, juice, tasteless breads and pastries, cereal, some fruit. Restaurant food was a little better, but not much. Shuttle service to Disney, Universal and SeaWorld ran basically on time, but some anxiety was created by only one bus being scheduled back to the hotel at the end of the day. It took an hour to get to Universal and about half an hour to Disney. Pool was very nice.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom first floor facing parking lot, which was quite adequate because we were only in...
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We selected the Melia because of the location (proximity to WDW), price and the availability of a two bedroom suite. The location was great. Located just off of I-4 and about 5 minutes from WDW and 20 minutes from Universal. Price was good...we spent a while comparing prices and we were able to reserve a two bedroom suite with a nice kitchenette for about the same price as two hotel rooms elsewhere. Now to the rooms...they need some work. The carpet was stained and the carpet installation was poor (seams coming apart). The beds were comfortable and the living area was decent. The kitchenette was nice with a good size refrigerator. The bathrooms needed a good cleaning. There was a good amount of mold in the grout and the water pressure in one of the bathrooms was so poor it would not wash the shampoo out of your hair. Housekeeping was not provided one day and we had to call to get towels. The hotel itself was nice looking and the best part was the pool area. I wish they could spend some time cleaning the rooms and fixing them up. The Melia was ok, but I do not think I could stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We appreciate your concerns, your comments and passion in achieving the most perfect stays in the hotels and resorts you choose. I can guarantee you your comments are an intrical part of our training program here at the Meliá, our housekeeping and engineering teams have modified their preventative maintenance program to ensure a comfortable stay for every guest that pass through our doors, whether you’re here for 1 night or 14 nights.

I am so confident in all the efforts of the team members here at the Melia that I stand by their passion and drive to make every guest stay a positive one, please I encourage you try us again and if you find yourself in the Orlando area again…contact me and we will prepare a journey for you that I promise you you’ll enjoy.

Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Melia Orlando Celebration Resort the end of April/first of May 2013. The hotel was very clean, smelled good and looked fairly new. We had a patio room with a great view of the pool. The pool was awesome. The hotel was located close to all Disney World amenities. The breakfast was good and the staff was great. I was very pleasantly surprised. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were treated like family at your beautiful hotel. The room was very clean and the pool area was a paradise of its own. Thankyou to everyone who had a part in making our stay a wonderful memory! Joy Nywening

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

First the hotel hotel is very clean, staff real friendly and the rooms extremely nice.I wasn't able to check in until 4:45 room wasn't ready. They had no covered walk ways , raining so you will get wet. Also our door didn't self lock so it was unlocked while we were gone, the maintenance had to use my key card to lock it. Never seen this before. The amenties are a little misleading, the fitness center is not even located on the property it's across the street in the hospital. Watch the shuttle service times to the parks they only return late in the day. The free breakfest they offer consist of bagels, toast, cereal, fruit or danish. Also there is a $15 a day resort fee which is standard for orlando but wasn't notified of this until check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Meliá Orlando Hotel as your destination while here in Florida, we pride ourselves in providing a comfortable atmosphere with exquisite service, we have become quite the destination and when facing various sold out dates it can be challenging to have the room ready on time. I am happy to hear that our engineering team was able to resolve the door lock challenge and are upgrading our current system, our shuttle service does fluctuate during the year to better accommodate our families, during your next stay we may be able to offer you some helpful alternatives that may work out better for you.

Summer time showers absolutely did hit much earlier than normal this year! we do offer the use of an umbrella to get you from the front desk area to your building during these times and if you are coming from your room just give us a call and we will meet you there… The state of the art gym facility we utilize is located just a hop, skip and a jump from our property and if you are an on the go person like myself and need to get there fast (before the kids wake up) we do have or own driver on stand by that can get you there. Our continental breakfast is included in the room pricing which is a nice plus and we are looking into some changes however if you are looking for a full breakfast with all the trimmings then you’ll need to visit our Galerie restaurant on the second floor where our Food & Beverage team will floor you with great service and an amazing menu you’ll get a four star breakfast at 2 star prices.

We will see you on your next Journey,

Marcus.Gonzalez@melia.com
225 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747, United States
www.meliaorlando.com
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Melia is out of question one of the best hotels in the area but need few improvements.
Customers service is the strongest part of property. Everyone - from the reception to the cleaning service is very sweet and polite.
Rooms are big and sunny. In the kitchen you can cook full dinner for at least 4 people.
The swimming pool is big and clean. I like a lot the area because is very peaceful.
Even screaming kids not bother that much - I guess the hotel has a special system to remove the noise :-)).
It is a family oriented hotel but in the same it is a good place for adults without kids.
The hotel is very clean and elegant.

I find kind of strange the fact the gym facility is located in the hospital - half mile away from the hotel. I'm a little spoiled because my gym in New Yokr is in the building but well.. some people drive to work out.
I think the hotel really missing sauna and jacuzzi.
About the free breakfast .. It is not secret most free things are not worth much.
It is stricte continental breakfast - if you don't eat corn syrup you will eat somewhere else..
I enjoy Melia a lot. It is great place for vacation but the breakfast is joke.
You can order regular breakfast in the restaurant upstairs but you have to spent at least $50 for couple for small regular breakfast. That's alright with me but I know few of my clients would get very upset.
In the area is several nice restaurants. The hotel provide the list of few restaurants but rather stay away from them. Specially the Kobo Sushi Place is bad..very bad (overpriced chinese food ) but if you like a good steak - Logan Steak House is just mile away and it is absolutely fantastic place to eat.

I like the place. I would recommend for business travelers, adults or family with older kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I am happy to hear that you feel that our customer focus is top notch! One of the many things we pride ourselves on is customer service, our gym facility is located up the road from the hotel, we have added a driver that can get you there in luxury if you’re on vacation or in a flash if you need to get a quick workout in before a meeting. Our zero depth pool area is an amazing engineering marvel and next time you stay with us please take advantage of the Jacuzzi located in the middle, it will work out those kinks a put a spring in your step. Our continental breakfast that is included is a great plus and we are considering some enhancements so stay tuned. Local dining is definitely a plus we are surrounded by over 20 local restaurants from a bar atmosphere to fine dining so there will always be an option even for the pickiest of eaters.

See you on your next journey,

Marcus.Gonzalez@melia.com
225 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747, United States
www.meliaorlando.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center
The Point Orlando Resort
Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Orlando - Downtown Disney Area
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!