“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Celebration
Pittsburg, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Melia Orlando Celebration Resort the end of April/first of May 2013. The hotel was very clean, smelled good and looked fairly new. We had a patio room with a great view of the pool. The pool was awesome. The hotel was located close to all Disney World amenities. The breakfast was good and the staff was great. I was very pleasantly surprised. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were treated like family at your beautiful hotel. The room was very clean and the pool area was a paradise of its own. Thankyou to everyone who had a part in making our stay a wonderful memory! Joy Nywening

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

First the hotel hotel is very clean, staff real friendly and the rooms extremely nice.I wasn't able to check in until 4:45 room wasn't ready. They had no covered walk ways , raining so you will get wet. Also our door didn't self lock so it was unlocked while we were gone, the maintenance had to use my key card to lock it. Never seen this before. The amenties are a little misleading, the fitness center is not even located on the property it's across the street in the hospital. Watch the shuttle service times to the parks they only return late in the day. The free breakfest they offer consist of bagels, toast, cereal, fruit or danish. Also there is a $15 a day resort fee which is standard for orlando but wasn't notified of this until check in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Meliá Orlando Hotel as your destination while here in Florida, we pride ourselves in providing a comfortable atmosphere with exquisite service, we have become quite the destination and when facing various sold out dates it can be challenging to have the room ready on time. I am happy to hear that our engineering team was able to resolve the door lock challenge and are upgrading our current system, our shuttle service does fluctuate during the year to better accommodate our families, during your next stay we may be able to offer you some helpful alternatives that may work out better for you.

Summer time showers absolutely did hit much earlier than normal this year! we do offer the use of an umbrella to get you from the front desk area to your building during these times and if you are coming from your room just give us a call and we will meet you there… The state of the art gym facility we utilize is located just a hop, skip and a jump from our property and if you are an on the go person like myself and need to get there fast (before the kids wake up) we do have or own driver on stand by that can get you there. Our continental breakfast is included in the room pricing which is a nice plus and we are looking into some changes however if you are looking for a full breakfast with all the trimmings then you’ll need to visit our Galerie restaurant on the second floor where our Food & Beverage team will floor you with great service and an amazing menu you’ll get a four star breakfast at 2 star prices.

We will see you on your next Journey,

Marcus.Gonzalez@melia.com
225 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747, United States
www.meliaorlando.com
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Melia is out of question one of the best hotels in the area but need few improvements.
Customers service is the strongest part of property. Everyone - from the reception to the cleaning service is very sweet and polite.
Rooms are big and sunny. In the kitchen you can cook full dinner for at least 4 people.
The swimming pool is big and clean. I like a lot the area because is very peaceful.
Even screaming kids not bother that much - I guess the hotel has a special system to remove the noise :-)).
It is a family oriented hotel but in the same it is a good place for adults without kids.
The hotel is very clean and elegant.

I find kind of strange the fact the gym facility is located in the hospital - half mile away from the hotel. I'm a little spoiled because my gym in New Yokr is in the building but well.. some people drive to work out.
I think the hotel really missing sauna and jacuzzi.
About the free breakfast .. It is not secret most free things are not worth much.
It is stricte continental breakfast - if you don't eat corn syrup you will eat somewhere else..
I enjoy Melia a lot. It is great place for vacation but the breakfast is joke.
You can order regular breakfast in the restaurant upstairs but you have to spent at least $50 for couple for small regular breakfast. That's alright with me but I know few of my clients would get very upset.
In the area is several nice restaurants. The hotel provide the list of few restaurants but rather stay away from them. Specially the Kobo Sushi Place is bad..very bad (overpriced chinese food ) but if you like a good steak - Logan Steak House is just mile away and it is absolutely fantastic place to eat.

I like the place. I would recommend for business travelers, adults or family with older kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I am happy to hear that you feel that our customer focus is top notch! One of the many things we pride ourselves on is customer service, our gym facility is located up the road from the hotel, we have added a driver that can get you there in luxury if you’re on vacation or in a flash if you need to get a quick workout in before a meeting. Our zero depth pool area is an amazing engineering marvel and next time you stay with us please take advantage of the Jacuzzi located in the middle, it will work out those kinks a put a spring in your step. Our continental breakfast that is included is a great plus and we are considering some enhancements so stay tuned. Local dining is definitely a plus we are surrounded by over 20 local restaurants from a bar atmosphere to fine dining so there will always be an option even for the pickiest of eaters.

See you on your next journey,

Marcus.Gonzalez@melia.com
225 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida, 34747, United States
www.meliaorlando.com
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel while visiting Disney. Room was clean and big and looked exactly like the pictures. The pool area was nice. The front desk staff was helpful in showing me what they offered and what was in the area to make our stay more convenient. No real problems at all with our stay. Having said that, some minor things (that didn't ruin our stay) that I would like to see improved.

1. The resort fee is ridiculous. $15/day added on, but it still ended up being priced comparable to other hotels in the area and actually cheaper than most others that offered full kitchens. Luckily I did my research on this ahead of time so I wasn't taken off guard. Just include it in the rate. Besides, it paid for things that were not convenient or where most hotels already have included. Spa and fitness access (not on property). Shuttle to Epcot at limited times (had my own car) Newspaper. In room coffee and tea. Pool towel service. Etc. Doesn't really add a lot of value.

2. Limited kitchen supplies. I'm not asking for a fully stocked kitchen, but one more small frying pan and one mixing bowl would have gone a long way. Whipping up scrambled eggs in a juice glass is a neat trick.

3. Wi-fi. Didn't want it or need it. Good thing. It was useless.

4. Some of the grout in the master shower seemed a little dingy.

5. Housekeeping. I didn't need this service either. Only stayed 2 days so we had all we needed for that time. Had the do not disturb sign on the door the entire time. I did notice though that all they would have done was empty trash it seems, because on the hotel channel on the TV it talked about an extra charge for "traditional full turn down service". Again, every other hotel offers that as a basic service. I'm not sure why Melia doesn't. And I don't blame anyone for complaining about this when every other hotel I have stayed in over my 40 years has this as a basic service and that's what people expect as part of their stay.

So overall, we had a nice stay here. They just seem to nickle and dime you on fees for services you would never use, are inconvenient or what are usually included in the published room rate at other hotels. I can see how some people can be caught off guard if they take some services as a given and don't do more detailed research.

Hope this helps everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marcus G, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for all your helpful comments,

The hotel's resort fee is an additional charge and does offer many benefits that if purchased separately could be quite costly for anyone, an example of this is that a taxi to a Disney park can run over $20 per day (one way) and to rent a car for the week would be even more, if you do a price comparison on this fee you will notice other properties in this area charge more for similar services and in most instances don't include a continental breakfast, In the future we are looking at adding in even more value into this program so you will definitely see & feel the benefits where it counts... In your pocket book.

The Housekeeping service for a time consisted in a mini-service however we have seen the value in extending all guests a daily clean and will change out your towels and sheets on every 3rd day however if you request it earlier we will accommodate this request for no additional charge.

Our Engineering Director in unison with our Housekeeping Director have implemented an amazing preventative maintence program, this will ensure that you experience clean, comfortable quality of living only matched by what you have at home. If during your stay you need an extra pot or pan please pick up your phone and ask and our award winning staff members will do their best to fulfill your every need.

Our Wi -Fi service has recently been enhanced with greater band with which allows for greater speed for reading and sending emails however if downloading movies or watching television on a mobile device you may still experience minor wait times

I love to hear all your comments on our facility and you will notice some things have changed based on your comments thank you again and remember...You are the Journey!!

See you on your next journey,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Wanted to go to this hotel as it was apartment based so had a kitchenette as well as bedrooms and we really like Celebration for its ambience and location. I have to say that there was no kettle, tea towels and very little in the way of cutlery (so we borrowed some from the breakfast area downstairs) but apart from that the dishwasher was great and there was a typical large fridge/freezer. The plates and glasses were a bit grubby but we just dishwashed the ones we needed. I have read the reviews on the wifi but we never had a problem with it, we managed to download the news paper, all our emails and send photo's. They did supply a small amount of dishwash powder and washing up liquid. The maid service was sporadic, we did have a lovely maid called Tammy who made our beds and gave the room a spruce up but other days were missed all together or they did not arrive until 6pm by which time I had made the beds and we were back for the evening, getting showered etc. The laundry room is in one of the blocks on the 2nd floor and has 3 washers and 4 dryers, all free but you need to supply the powder. The free breakfast is basic coffee, pastries, frosties/fruit loops,juices, fruit, toast and toppings. You have to give your room number and I did feel like I was being watched by the staff a bit. We did take out in a box one day back to the room, you need to go to the 1st floor restaurant and ask for a box and they will make one up free of charge with the same items you can get from the free buffet from the ground floor. The lighting in the room was not very ambient, a bit stark. There are nets in the bedrooms but not in the main room, so its either curtains open (exposed to the world) or closed. We were initially offered a room on the ground floor which we declined as its very dark. I would go for an upper floor, preferably in block A or B (away from the laundry room) facing the pool, although at the weekend, this can be noisy as its the main social area and the pool and table football do not shut down till 10 or 11, although the staff are quite good at shutting it down on time. The outside rooms are probably quieter in this respect but you could get traffic noise. Weekend was much busier here. There is a Publix supermarket very nearby, we also tried panera bread and in Celebration itself there are restaurants, coffee shops etc to delight you. We did not try the shuttle to the parks. Bathrooms were well appointed and bed linen was clean and fresh. I have not rated this hotel as 5 as I found the staff a bit cold and I also noticed marks on walls and tables etc that had not been repaired, which I feel let it down a bit, but overall I would recommend this hotel for the pool (jacuzzi was not very bubbly but was very hot and soothing on tired legs), There are no umbrellas over the sunbeds but there are umbrellas and chairs nearby. The convenience to Disney and Celebration is great and the rooms overall were very good. Did not use the restaurant other than breakfast, there is ample parking. Be aware that there is a $15 a day charge for wifi, breakfast etc and this is mandatory.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Feltham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two weeks. Very nice small complex which has everything you need. I'll start with the most important bit....the bar. This is very clean and classic modern. You have a variety of beers and spirits available including blue moon and peroni on tap. Happy hour is everyday between 5-7pm. Staff very friendly. Have to mention Kevin the bar man, always has a smile on his face and nothing is ever to much. Bar food was really good and we had pretty much everything off the menu. There is 7 tvs around the bar. Menu ranges from burgers to salads. Only down side was there was some very quiet background music, but it was so quiet you couldn't really make it out. Our room was large and well maintained. Maid came around every day to make the bed and clear up the bathroom, but don't expect any dusting to be done, because it doesn't happen....certainly not during our stay. Now on to the pool. Nice area, good comfortable chairs and sun loungers. On two of the days they had an afternoon 'entertainer'. This was a gentleman playing the guitar and singing. Unfortunately, his speakers were poor meaning the sound was very muffled. So buffet breakfast, overal it's very nice but did have some problems here. No English breakfast tea on several occasions. I was always told that they had run out, staff reluctantly would check the stock room. But after 10 seconds would return and say no. This also happened for the bananas. Mentioned this to the beverage manager, who seemed rather confused stated they have plenty of stock. Anyway 'minor' issue. The gym is across the road and it is fantastic. Massive selection of weights, bars, machines. I've been to numerous gyms and some of the equipment they had I've never seen before. Overall I would recommend this hotel (apart from breakfast buffet staff) staff very helpful and friendly and it's a nice quiet resort.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the Kudos on our property, our continental breakfast is one of our most popular items to experience while staying at the Meliá and we are considering some enhancements to this so stay tuned, since your most recent stay with us we have instituted a wonderful daily cleaning program which focuses on dusting and spot cleaning throughout the stay which will ensure a well maintained presentation for all that visit us.

Our entertainment on the weekends adds to the "boutique like" ambiance of our hotel so you will continue to see this by our pool area (weather permitting of course). Kevin at the bar will continue to keep that smile on his face so thank you for the wonderful comment he loves to hear the positive feed back!!

Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!