“Not Perfect but great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Not Perfect but great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've just returned from a ten night stay with my family (including 4 year old and 4 month old). We were over for a wedding in Celebration (beautiful little town, make use of the free shuttle) and also wanted to do the Disney thing while we were here.

I must agree with positives mentioned in previous reviews. Rooms lovely and spacious, very comfy beds and nice and quiet. Great Kitchen space (although could provide a better quality coffee)

Location is perfect for Disney and the other parks, just a few minutes drive away yet you feel your nice and out of the way at the end of the day.

Great pool which my 4 year old loved.

I would echo some small criticisms, the reception staff weren't the most enthusiastic. I work in the hospitality industry my self, and know what they have to put up with but also how far a smile can go. I had a few simple queries which i think they struggled to deal with. But the Bar/restaurant and housekeeping guys were great.

Also the resort fee?? why can't they just include it in the price?

Breakfast wasn't the highest quality continental breakfast i've had but it was ok.

Overall despite a couple of small gripes, we'd definately stay again.

Room Tip: Make use of the free lift into town/grocery store. But if you have a car drive to the parks. Only a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little reluctant to stay here. I was pleasantly surprised to not find any of the negative comments justified. This is a good value for what you get. Not only do they shuttle you to Disney, but will take you grocery shopping. All the staff was helpful.
I was there three nights for business meetings. We could not have been more pleased, especially since the board room was provided free.Breakfast is basic, but a good selection for all ages, and diets.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear JohnDugue,

Hello, thank you for taking time to review our property. It was a pleasure having you and your colleagues at our hotel. It is great to see your comments, Im glad you enjoyed your stay, please let me know personally when you return to the area. Hopefully, this time it will be for pleasure, thank you again for staying with us!

Best Regards,

long island new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This Hotel is a great alternative to the busier and much more expensive Disney Hotels. It is in a great location as the other Trip Advisor reviews confirm. The large suites make it really suitable for families, and the kitchen is a nice touch.
We found the suite clean, quiet and a great value for the money.
However, management really needs to focus on details. The reception area is too small; there is no bellhop or assistance for luggage; and they ran out of pool towels on a hot day, in the morning.
Our biggest problem was their internet. While they advertise free wireless included in the reasonable $15/day facility charge, the routers they have in each suite are either outdated, or the private company they use for wireless service is doing a terrible job. Not only can't you get access at times in your room, but service by the pool is also slow and sporadic. So while I expected to get some work done on this trip, this one issue caused me a big problem. There is no reason that they can't get this fixed.
Overall, staff is friendly and being able to stay near beautiful Celebration is a real plus. Golfing at the Celebration Course is easy and affordable; eating downtown is great; and Charley-O's Steak House is across the street and is a first rate restaurant.
I really want to rate this Hotel higher, but just can't given these issues. I hope they work to improve, we do want to go back.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is spacious and really a great value. 2 bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Seapinesmiserable, thank you for your review! Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. I apologize that the internet signal was not to your satisfaction, I can tell you that the routers at the property are currently being re-evaluated, and we should have a more efficient, stronger signal very soon. I wanted to advise you as well that we do indeed provide bell service; however, it appears that they may have been assisting another guest when you arrived and for that I apologize. We hope to see you again soon, please feel free to contact me directly at the property if you have any further comments or suggestions. Thank you for staying with us!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 years in a row now , and it just gets better. Biggest improvement has been in overall service.
They have started remodeling . First and second floors are done. This is one of quietest hotels you will ever stay in. Also one of the best pools.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Indyoil,

Hello! Thank you for your review! Wow, 4 years in a row, thats great! Thank you for your loyalty! Our renovation continues and shold be done soon, the hallways are looking great! We just recently added foosball and ping pond tables in the pool area as well. Please make sure you stop by to see me next time you are here or better yet, contact me prior to your arrival, I would love to meet you. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your continued support.

Best regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We always have a great time in Melia! This resort is perfect for families or couples. Close to everything. Pool is perfect. weather was a bit cool, didn't think the pool was heated. Got to the resort late and service was excellent, arr forgot the guys name who checked us in. He was very accommodating offered luggage assistance multiple times, explained all amenities, could have not been better. Will see you on the next visit. I really like the corner unit with two balconies. You guys removed the washer/dryers?

Room Tip: Pool view is a must
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear travelalillbit,

Thank you for your review. I see that you are and have been one of our valued repeat guests and I thank you for your loyalty! It is great to hear your comments and they are very rewarding to our team. Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments. Please feel free to contact me personally when its time to return!

Hamilton, Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and I wish I had not booked on Hotels.com so that I could check out and leave. I am here on business for 4 nights - from the moment we arrived, the service has been terrible. There was no Bell to greet us, the staff were unfriendly and uncooperative ("you have boxes at the front desk, YOU can come and pick them up anytime"). I am a big tipper and truly appreciate good service. No such thing here.

The "Free Wifi" might as well be called "No Wifi" as it never works - I could not even download ONE email.

We placed an order for room service which still has not arrived.

I called to ask if the staff could please help to organize a local same day courier to bring fedex boxes to the convention center (the boxes were delivered to the hotel after I left for the convention). The staff refused to help me, so I organized my own courier. The courier rushed the 'boxes' over, only to find that, upon arrival, they were not the boxes I had clearly requested, rather two small envelopes. Now the manager is refusing to take my calls and I am stuck without my boxes. And I am getting the run around from their front desk staff.

Not only will I NEVER stay here again (we vacation at least twice a year in Orlando as a family, plus frequent business trips), I do not recommend this hotel if you need wifi, or decent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Lisa W,

I am very sorry and disappointed as well to see these comments. I wanted to personally apologize to you and inform you that I have already shared your review with our management team. We are all currently researching and sharing with our teams as well to address the issues immediately. I wanted to ask you if the correct package has been located and delivered to you? Would you mind contacting me to discuss this in detail? I would really appreciate this as it would bring a bit more clarity to the situation and help us in future situations. Thank you again for staying with us, I am looking forward to your phone call.

Lesmahagow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here in a two bedroom suite for 2 nights on the way back to the UK.
Initial contact with the check in staff was not very helpful, but a member of the reception staff eventually helped us with our bags and showed us our room. I would have expected a Hotel of this standard to have staff on hand to assist with bags....we had 6 bags between 2 of us and would have struggled to transport them all without help.
Basic breakfast was included but the breakfast area was far too busy to get a seat. We opted for the take out version which we collected from the breakfasting area. When we got back to our room we opened it and basic certainly described the contents.....we did not even bother the next morning.
The actual suite was to a high standard with plenty of room . It seemed to be well cleaned and maintained.
We left a sweater in a wardrobe when we checked out. We we realised what we had done and returned to search for it a very helpful member of the house keeping staff helped us retrieve it.
All in all a pretty good standard with a helpful member of staff making it a bit less of a faceless chain.

Room Tip: Take a short trip to celebration town centre for a decent breakfast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear burningdaylite,

Thank you for choosing Melia and for staying with us, we appreciate your comments. I am very sorry to hear that you had some challenges during your stay and I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Our bellmen should have assisted you immediately and I'm sorry you had to wait. Our complimentary breakfast, which consists of a variety of pastries, muffins, bagels, cereals, juices and coffee among other items, is continuously being updated on a daily basis and we try to add different items to add variety. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy this or if it was not to your liking. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and their high standard, we appreciate your kind words. Please let me know when you decide to return as I would love to assist you with your reservations. Thank you again for staying with us!

Melia Orlando Suite hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!