“Nice and quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Celebration
Orlando
“Nice and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 years in a row now , and it just gets better. Biggest improvement has been in overall service.
They have started remodeling . First and second floors are done. This is one of quietest hotels you will ever stay in. Also one of the best pools.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Indyoil,

Hello! Thank you for your review! Wow, 4 years in a row, thats great! Thank you for your loyalty! Our renovation continues and shold be done soon, the hallways are looking great! We just recently added foosball and ping pond tables in the pool area as well. Please make sure you stop by to see me next time you are here or better yet, contact me prior to your arrival, I would love to meet you. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your continued support.

Best regards,

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We always have a great time in Melia! This resort is perfect for families or couples. Close to everything. Pool is perfect. weather was a bit cool, didn't think the pool was heated. Got to the resort late and service was excellent, arr forgot the guys name who checked us in. He was very accommodating offered luggage assistance multiple times, explained all amenities, could have not been better. Will see you on the next visit. I really like the corner unit with two balconies. You guys removed the washer/dryers?

Room Tip: Pool view is a must
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear travelalillbit,

Thank you for your review. I see that you are and have been one of our valued repeat guests and I thank you for your loyalty! It is great to hear your comments and they are very rewarding to our team. Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments. Please feel free to contact me personally when its time to return!

Hamilton, Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and I wish I had not booked on Hotels.com so that I could check out and leave. I am here on business for 4 nights - from the moment we arrived, the service has been terrible. There was no Bell to greet us, the staff were unfriendly and uncooperative ("you have boxes at the front desk, YOU can come and pick them up anytime"). I am a big tipper and truly appreciate good service. No such thing here.

The "Free Wifi" might as well be called "No Wifi" as it never works - I could not even download ONE email.

We placed an order for room service which still has not arrived.

I called to ask if the staff could please help to organize a local same day courier to bring fedex boxes to the convention center (the boxes were delivered to the hotel after I left for the convention). The staff refused to help me, so I organized my own courier. The courier rushed the 'boxes' over, only to find that, upon arrival, they were not the boxes I had clearly requested, rather two small envelopes. Now the manager is refusing to take my calls and I am stuck without my boxes. And I am getting the run around from their front desk staff.

Not only will I NEVER stay here again (we vacation at least twice a year in Orlando as a family, plus frequent business trips), I do not recommend this hotel if you need wifi, or decent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Lisa W,

I am very sorry and disappointed as well to see these comments. I wanted to personally apologize to you and inform you that I have already shared your review with our management team. We are all currently researching and sharing with our teams as well to address the issues immediately. I wanted to ask you if the correct package has been located and delivered to you? Would you mind contacting me to discuss this in detail? I would really appreciate this as it would bring a bit more clarity to the situation and help us in future situations. Thank you again for staying with us, I am looking forward to your phone call.

Lesmahagow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here in a two bedroom suite for 2 nights on the way back to the UK.
Initial contact with the check in staff was not very helpful, but a member of the reception staff eventually helped us with our bags and showed us our room. I would have expected a Hotel of this standard to have staff on hand to assist with bags....we had 6 bags between 2 of us and would have struggled to transport them all without help.
Basic breakfast was included but the breakfast area was far too busy to get a seat. We opted for the take out version which we collected from the breakfasting area. When we got back to our room we opened it and basic certainly described the contents.....we did not even bother the next morning.
The actual suite was to a high standard with plenty of room . It seemed to be well cleaned and maintained.
We left a sweater in a wardrobe when we checked out. We we realised what we had done and returned to search for it a very helpful member of the house keeping staff helped us retrieve it.
All in all a pretty good standard with a helpful member of staff making it a bit less of a faceless chain.

Room Tip: Take a short trip to celebration town centre for a decent breakfast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear burningdaylite,

Thank you for choosing Melia and for staying with us, we appreciate your comments. I am very sorry to hear that you had some challenges during your stay and I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Our bellmen should have assisted you immediately and I'm sorry you had to wait. Our complimentary breakfast, which consists of a variety of pastries, muffins, bagels, cereals, juices and coffee among other items, is continuously being updated on a daily basis and we try to add different items to add variety. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy this or if it was not to your liking. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and their high standard, we appreciate your kind words. Please let me know when you decide to return as I would love to assist you with your reservations. Thank you again for staying with us!

Melia Orlando Suite hotel at Celebration
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you want a nice suite very, very close to Disney, it would be hard to beat Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration. Not to mention the fact it is in Celebration, one of the coolest, best kept secrets in Florida. It took us less than fifteen minutes to be in the parking lots of the Magic Kingdom on one day and Epcot on another. It took five minutes to be in downtown Celebration.

The suite was roomy and well-planned with a kitchen, work/eating area, living room, bedroom and bathroom. The free wi-fi was a little iffy at times, but not a major concern for most people. The refrigerator had an ice maker. There was a coffee maker and large flat screen TVs.

However, what is up with the bedroom dresser that wouldn't have sold for five dollars in one of the nearby flea markets? It was nearly inoperable and easily the worst piece of furniture ever found in a hotel.

Also, the breakfast was everyone's worst nightmare when thinking about free hotel breakfasts. Coffee, tea, juice, poor selection of cereals, frozen pastries, toast and plain bagels. The only good news I can give you is that a Panera is being built within walking distance.

I would return to the Melia ONLY because of the location. Celebration is worth the trip by itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited over February break and were generally please with our visit.

PROS:
Very, very close to Disney (5-10 minute drive, depending on park).

The 2 bedroom suite we had was spacious and clean, though the plumbing hardware in the bathroom was loose in a couple of areas).

Beds are very comfortable.

Pool area is pretty.

Our non-pool view room was the quietest hotel room I have ever been in!

CONS:
Unfriendly, unwelcoming front desk staff. First we got zero greeting at the reservation desk. Then either there was a booking error or I misunderstood our reservation and we had the wrong room style. When I called the desk from the room I was forwarded to voice mail twice before I persuaded someone not to put me on hold and help me. All was resolved well, but it was a bad first impression after getting a cold shoulder when we first arrived.

Very inconvenient shuttle schedule to the parks (this would have been a major problem for us had we not had a rental car. It would not have been possible for us to return to the hotel midday and then go back to the park for the evening.)

The free continental breakfast is kind of skimpy (you can choose to pay for a full breakfast)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked into the melia for a 5 night stay March 3rd. Upon arrival, we were accommodated in a 1 bedroom suite as booked and my request for a higher floor was given to me. I asked for a pool view but they said that would cost an extra 50 dollars per day so said no. We were facing out towards a fairly busy highway but it actually was quite nice and the non pool view didn't bother us at all.

The room was very spacious and had a fridge, cooktop (no oven), and microwave. We found some elements from the kitchen were missing ex. Corkscrew and when we called down to ask for one, they said they would bring it up but it never arrived. The bed was very comfortable along with the pillows (various options of hard and soft). It was very modernly decorated and we were pleased with the space and decor. It was nice to have a tv in both the living room and bedroom.

Very very close to Disney (10 min drive) and Starbucks, mcdonalds, etc were right across the street. Downtown celebration was beautiful for a nice stroll.

The pool and hot tub are beautiful. The pool chairs are very nice. The breakfast was included and was a basic continental with juice, coffee, bagels, bread, toaster, apples and oranges. It was basically a quick grab and sit for 5 minutes and leave atmosphere, which we were fine with.

On our last night we entered our room to find a horrible smell. Turns out that there used to be washers and dryers in the rooms and the pipe in the utility closet was still there and some of the old water sitting in the pipe was there for too long, making the room smell horrible. We called down and the engineer came up and told us we should move rooms right away. Good thing there was a room available on the 1st floor...we packed everything up and moved at 10pm with our 6 month old. They weren't willing to give us anything for our inconvenience until my husband called down to complain to the manager who then waved our resort fees for our stay. Not sure what would have happened had their not been an extra room.

One thing that can for sure be improved is the staff. We found them pretty unpleasant and unhelpful right from check in.

Also be aware they do not come to clean your room but just make your bed. It would have been nice to have clean sheets once during our stay.
Would I stay here again? I guess if the price was right. For the pool and kitchen it was great.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor just for balcony purposes.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Canuck019,

Hello, thank you for staying with us! I’m happy to see all the great comments about our property. At the same time I am disheartened to hear that you had such a bad experience with you room and that you had to move at such an inopportune time. I also apologize that you found the team less than accommodating during your stay. I assure you that our team is focused on providing the best service possible and this is clearly unacceptable. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to research and address immediately. Please contact me personally if you have any additional details to share and again, thank you so much for staying with us,

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!