“Good suite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Celebration
Lesmahagow
“Good suite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here in a two bedroom suite for 2 nights on the way back to the UK.
Initial contact with the check in staff was not very helpful, but a member of the reception staff eventually helped us with our bags and showed us our room. I would have expected a Hotel of this standard to have staff on hand to assist with bags....we had 6 bags between 2 of us and would have struggled to transport them all without help.
Basic breakfast was included but the breakfast area was far too busy to get a seat. We opted for the take out version which we collected from the breakfasting area. When we got back to our room we opened it and basic certainly described the contents.....we did not even bother the next morning.
The actual suite was to a high standard with plenty of room . It seemed to be well cleaned and maintained.
We left a sweater in a wardrobe when we checked out. We we realised what we had done and returned to search for it a very helpful member of the house keeping staff helped us retrieve it.
All in all a pretty good standard with a helpful member of staff making it a bit less of a faceless chain.

Room Tip: Take a short trip to celebration town centre for a decent breakfast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear burningdaylite,

Thank you for choosing Melia and for staying with us, we appreciate your comments. I am very sorry to hear that you had some challenges during your stay and I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Our bellmen should have assisted you immediately and I'm sorry you had to wait. Our complimentary breakfast, which consists of a variety of pastries, muffins, bagels, cereals, juices and coffee among other items, is continuously being updated on a daily basis and we try to add different items to add variety. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy this or if it was not to your liking. Thank you for your great comments regarding our rooms and their high standard, we appreciate your kind words. Please let me know when you decide to return as I would love to assist you with your reservations. Thank you again for staying with us!

Melia Orlando Suite hotel at Celebration

885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you want a nice suite very, very close to Disney, it would be hard to beat Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration. Not to mention the fact it is in Celebration, one of the coolest, best kept secrets in Florida. It took us less than fifteen minutes to be in the parking lots of the Magic Kingdom on one day and Epcot on another. It took five minutes to be in downtown Celebration.

The suite was roomy and well-planned with a kitchen, work/eating area, living room, bedroom and bathroom. The free wi-fi was a little iffy at times, but not a major concern for most people. The refrigerator had an ice maker. There was a coffee maker and large flat screen TVs.

However, what is up with the bedroom dresser that wouldn't have sold for five dollars in one of the nearby flea markets? It was nearly inoperable and easily the worst piece of furniture ever found in a hotel.

Also, the breakfast was everyone's worst nightmare when thinking about free hotel breakfasts. Coffee, tea, juice, poor selection of cereals, frozen pastries, toast and plain bagels. The only good news I can give you is that a Panera is being built within walking distance.

I would return to the Melia ONLY because of the location. Celebration is worth the trip by itself.

Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited over February break and were generally please with our visit.

PROS:
Very, very close to Disney (5-10 minute drive, depending on park).

The 2 bedroom suite we had was spacious and clean, though the plumbing hardware in the bathroom was loose in a couple of areas).

Beds are very comfortable.

Pool area is pretty.

Our non-pool view room was the quietest hotel room I have ever been in!

CONS:
Unfriendly, unwelcoming front desk staff. First we got zero greeting at the reservation desk. Then either there was a booking error or I misunderstood our reservation and we had the wrong room style. When I called the desk from the room I was forwarded to voice mail twice before I persuaded someone not to put me on hold and help me. All was resolved well, but it was a bad first impression after getting a cold shoulder when we first arrived.

Very inconvenient shuttle schedule to the parks (this would have been a major problem for us had we not had a rental car. It would not have been possible for us to return to the hotel midday and then go back to the park for the evening.)

The free continental breakfast is kind of skimpy (you can choose to pay for a full breakfast)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked into the melia for a 5 night stay March 3rd. Upon arrival, we were accommodated in a 1 bedroom suite as booked and my request for a higher floor was given to me. I asked for a pool view but they said that would cost an extra 50 dollars per day so said no. We were facing out towards a fairly busy highway but it actually was quite nice and the non pool view didn't bother us at all.

The room was very spacious and had a fridge, cooktop (no oven), and microwave. We found some elements from the kitchen were missing ex. Corkscrew and when we called down to ask for one, they said they would bring it up but it never arrived. The bed was very comfortable along with the pillows (various options of hard and soft). It was very modernly decorated and we were pleased with the space and decor. It was nice to have a tv in both the living room and bedroom.

Very very close to Disney (10 min drive) and Starbucks, mcdonalds, etc were right across the street. Downtown celebration was beautiful for a nice stroll.

The pool and hot tub are beautiful. The pool chairs are very nice. The breakfast was included and was a basic continental with juice, coffee, bagels, bread, toaster, apples and oranges. It was basically a quick grab and sit for 5 minutes and leave atmosphere, which we were fine with.

On our last night we entered our room to find a horrible smell. Turns out that there used to be washers and dryers in the rooms and the pipe in the utility closet was still there and some of the old water sitting in the pipe was there for too long, making the room smell horrible. We called down and the engineer came up and told us we should move rooms right away. Good thing there was a room available on the 1st floor...we packed everything up and moved at 10pm with our 6 month old. They weren't willing to give us anything for our inconvenience until my husband called down to complain to the manager who then waved our resort fees for our stay. Not sure what would have happened had their not been an extra room.

One thing that can for sure be improved is the staff. We found them pretty unpleasant and unhelpful right from check in.

Also be aware they do not come to clean your room but just make your bed. It would have been nice to have clean sheets once during our stay.
Would I stay here again? I guess if the price was right. For the pool and kitchen it was great.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor just for balcony purposes.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Canuck019,

Hello, thank you for staying with us! I’m happy to see all the great comments about our property. At the same time I am disheartened to hear that you had such a bad experience with you room and that you had to move at such an inopportune time. I also apologize that you found the team less than accommodating during your stay. I assure you that our team is focused on providing the best service possible and this is clearly unacceptable. I will be sharing your comments with our management team to research and address immediately. Please contact me personally if you have any additional details to share and again, thank you so much for staying with us,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We recently went down to Orlando for the Princess Half Marathon. We took two adults and 5 teens with us. This place worked out great for us. We had plenty of space and with two bathrooms we did not have an issue.
I do think the place, for a newer hotel is a bit run down, however it is very clean! I do not believe that the furnishings have worn well. The continental breakfast, is just that...grab something quick and go. For the space and the price, and for what we needed...this worked out perfect. The two adults did stay at the pool one afternoon, which was very nice. The entertainment was good and we had a relaxing day. I would not stay here if I came with just my family but if you need space at a good price. This works out. It is also so close to Disney!

Room Tip: If you need additional sleeping space like we did, you can request one of the rooms to have two doub...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I couldn't believe some of the complaints I read- The staff was wonderful! When we checked in, we were greeted by several courteous employees who ensured we had everything we needed. The room was very clean & bed was super comfortable. Also, a main concern for me when looking for a hotel is noise. You cannot hear people walking up & down the halls. Occasionally, you could hear children running around outside if they were screaming. It was nice to have a full-sized fridge, microwave, & oven in the kitchen. Another plus was the tv in the bedroom. The pool looked nice, but it was too cold outside to test it out. We had ZERO issues during our stay.... we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back for a quieter, more private balcony view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Michelle o,

Thank you for taking time to submit your review! It is a pleasure to see all your great comments. The weather was indeed a bit disappointing, but im glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us regardless. I see that you will be returning and I thank you for your confidence and loyalty. Please feel free to contact me directly when you return.

Thank you!!!

Jersey, Channel Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is a little run down. They have 'tarted up' what looks like an old style hotel, by placing contemporary furnishings in the rooms. However, these furnishings have not worn well; the furniture is of the dark veneer variety and with wear and tear has chipped making the furniture look untidy. Our bedroom chest of drawers was beyond repair, with a handle missing and being unable to access the drawers on the runners. The carpet was stained, and very ugly grey in colour. The balcony did not get any sun, and was very poky, despite us picking a more expensive 2 bedroom corner suite - it certainly did not represent the pictures as on their website - maybe when it was brand new!
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired - we found the knives in the drawers to have congealed food on them, despite there being a dishwasher in the kitchen area, and there were crushed biscuits on the carpet behind the curtain, obviously missed by housekeeping at they gibe it a 'cow's lick' clean. I did comment about this to reception and asked for our room to be given a thorough clean whilst we were out for the day. We found the mess still to be there upon our return, despite housekeeping having been in. I brought this to the attention of the manager on duty who did listen up and deal with the matter efficiently and waved the resort charges for our two days. These resort charges are a joke, as the rooms are expensive enough without having to pay for the use of a pool (that we didnt use) and a couple of small bottles of water a day - something which should be complimentary in a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is appalling, uninviting and not very fresh. I have stayed at Gran Melia in Tenerife and thought this would be of the same calibre, oh how wrong I was. I will not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I suggest a corner room, but I would ask for one with a corner balcony rather than just a corner sui...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Lolly1972,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I am saddened to see that you had several inconveniences during your stay and I apologize if you did not feel that your room cleanliness and furniture condition were acceptable. If possible, I would like to discuss these concerns with you in further detail. If you are able to contact me here at the property, it would be my pleasure to discuss your concerns with you and address them immediately to avoid any potential issues in the future. These small details about your stay will assist us in researching and will allow us to address them more efficiently. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!