“Great place for a big family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for a big family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We recently went down to Orlando for the Princess Half Marathon. We took two adults and 5 teens with us. This place worked out great for us. We had plenty of space and with two bathrooms we did not have an issue.
I do think the place, for a newer hotel is a bit run down, however it is very clean! I do not believe that the furnishings have worn well. The continental breakfast, is just that...grab something quick and go. For the space and the price, and for what we needed...this worked out perfect. The two adults did stay at the pool one afternoon, which was very nice. The entertainment was good and we had a relaxing day. I would not stay here if I came with just my family but if you need space at a good price. This works out. It is also so close to Disney!

Room Tip: If you need additional sleeping space like we did, you can request one of the rooms to have two doub...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I couldn't believe some of the complaints I read- The staff was wonderful! When we checked in, we were greeted by several courteous employees who ensured we had everything we needed. The room was very clean & bed was super comfortable. Also, a main concern for me when looking for a hotel is noise. You cannot hear people walking up & down the halls. Occasionally, you could hear children running around outside if they were screaming. It was nice to have a full-sized fridge, microwave, & oven in the kitchen. Another plus was the tv in the bedroom. The pool looked nice, but it was too cold outside to test it out. We had ZERO issues during our stay.... we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the back for a quieter, more private balcony view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Michelle o,

Thank you for taking time to submit your review! It is a pleasure to see all your great comments. The weather was indeed a bit disappointing, but im glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us regardless. I see that you will be returning and I thank you for your confidence and loyalty. Please feel free to contact me directly when you return.

Thank you!!!

Jersey, Channel Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is a little run down. They have 'tarted up' what looks like an old style hotel, by placing contemporary furnishings in the rooms. However, these furnishings have not worn well; the furniture is of the dark veneer variety and with wear and tear has chipped making the furniture look untidy. Our bedroom chest of drawers was beyond repair, with a handle missing and being unable to access the drawers on the runners. The carpet was stained, and very ugly grey in colour. The balcony did not get any sun, and was very poky, despite us picking a more expensive 2 bedroom corner suite - it certainly did not represent the pictures as on their website - maybe when it was brand new!
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired - we found the knives in the drawers to have congealed food on them, despite there being a dishwasher in the kitchen area, and there were crushed biscuits on the carpet behind the curtain, obviously missed by housekeeping at they gibe it a 'cow's lick' clean. I did comment about this to reception and asked for our room to be given a thorough clean whilst we were out for the day. We found the mess still to be there upon our return, despite housekeeping having been in. I brought this to the attention of the manager on duty who did listen up and deal with the matter efficiently and waved the resort charges for our two days. These resort charges are a joke, as the rooms are expensive enough without having to pay for the use of a pool (that we didnt use) and a couple of small bottles of water a day - something which should be complimentary in a 4 star hotel. Breakfast is appalling, uninviting and not very fresh. I have stayed at Gran Melia in Tenerife and thought this would be of the same calibre, oh how wrong I was. I will not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I suggest a corner room, but I would ask for one with a corner balcony rather than just a corner sui...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Lolly1972,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I am saddened to see that you had several inconveniences during your stay and I apologize if you did not feel that your room cleanliness and furniture condition were acceptable. If possible, I would like to discuss these concerns with you in further detail. If you are able to contact me here at the property, it would be my pleasure to discuss your concerns with you and address them immediately to avoid any potential issues in the future. These small details about your stay will assist us in researching and will allow us to address them more efficiently. Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family went here for one of our many visits to Florida, we went to Universal as well as Ft Lauderdale. When we went it was still called Mona Lisa Suites (Oct-2011), so I am not sure if much has changed. We got a great deal via my company's employee discount, and we stayed in a one bedroom suite. The room was beautifully decorated, and the kitchen featured all new appliances, and bedroom was decorated very beautifully. The hotel was extremely close to Universal Studios, which is very convenient when you have a full day at the park and want to get back to the hotel quickly. The pool was really nice, and heated, so that was a nice feature since we went in the fall. My family really was in awe of this hotel, it exceeded our expectations. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Tucked away (and quite challenging to find) the Melia Orlando is in a quite little corner of Celebration, Florida -- yet super close to the main road, major highways, theme parks, and shopping (grocery stores, Starbucks, CVS).

My room, which I believe was a suite was very large, clean, and had a full-size kitchen. Free wireless internet and free bottled water (2/day), plus transportation to parks and downtown (I say "free" because you don't have to pay a la carte, but in reality these amenities are "paid for" when you pay your mandatory resort fee).

The pool area is lovely, not super huge, but relaxing with towel service, table tennis, a whirlpool and plenty of seating/lounging area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel with my mom. We came to Florida for 5 days to get some vitamin D and do some shopping. Very clean hotel and the suite is amazing. Modern furniture, a pull-out couch, good amenities in the kitchen, two TVs, a desk and a table to eat at with 3 chairs. We are staying on the main fllor with a view on the parking lot which is probably is one of the cheapest rooms they have and it's still very quiet and private. The free continental breakfast is, ok... not a lot of options but who can complain when it's free. The infinity pool is nice and they have towels for the pool. I could definitely see myself coming back with my young children but it's also a great place for adults... not too "disney". Good location, about 5 minutes to the outlet mall and 3 minutes from downtown celebration, which is incredibly charming and a must if you come here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Ottowagirl17,

Thank you for posting your review and for the great comments about our property! I see that you are still currently our guest and I would love to have the opportunity to personally chat with you about your stay! If you have a chance, please ask for me at the Front Desk. Thank you for staying with us, see you soon!

bree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

supernice hotel supernice design, room is 5 star, unbelievable nice all design best furnitures and so nice. the location is quet but close to everything . breakfast is spanish so way more extended than american. the staf very kind, send me to good steakhouse charleys and to visit the nice town of celebration./

Room Tip: all rooms are super,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear christophe s,

Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad to see all the great comments about our hotel design, location and breakfast and we hope that you had a great time with us! Celebration is a great little town featuring great restaurants and shops and our guests love it! Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback, we hope to see you again very soon!

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!