“Eh...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Celebration
Dallas, Texas
“Eh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We came to the Melia for a soccer tournament so the hotel was fully booked. The lady who checked us in wasn't very friendly. We asked a question and when she thought we were wrong, she told us "you are wrong and misinformed." A manager came up behind her and told us we were actually right...not off to a great start. The first room we were given, the heater did not work and it was late. 2 hours and 2 technicians (they were very nice) later at around 12:30am, we were given a new room. The keys did not work to the new room and when I called down to the front desk, they were going to make me come down to get new keys. When I asked for someone to bring us keys, the lady seemed put out and frustrated that I asked her to do something. 15 minutes later with our luggage still out in the hall, a security guard lets us in our room. We did not complain since I work in a hotel and know things like this happen...but if this were to happen at my property, we would've at least comped the 1st night with it being such an inconvenience and being so late. The breakfast buffet was a mad house and very tiny We opted for Denny's and ihop for the rest of our stay. The rooms are the best thing about this hotel since they are spacious. Another part of out group also had issues with the front desk not being able to check in because of their room not being ready after waiting for 5 hours. They got a $50 f&b credit but they said it wasn't even worth it. Staff and food need help.

Also- the curtains inside the room don't block out the light very well...small thing but important to me. It's a rude awakening when you have the curtains closed and its still very bright when the sun comes up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Goaldengirl010,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced upon arrival at our hotel and assure you that we will be researching and addressing them immediately with our team to ensure similar issues do not recur. Thank you as well for your positive comments regarding our rooms. We hope that you give us another opportunity to impress you in the future and return to see us soon.

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food is not good and the bar closes early but the rooms are big, decent kitchen (no oven), clean and simple. Right near celebration which is a really cool place and right down the street from parks. The outdoor courtyard and pool is structured like a resort amd a great spot to bring beer from your room amd chill

• Stayed December 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Terrible. Condescending staff, poor food handling procedures, inconvenient parking & request for room near door on low floor or near elevator was ignored. Room was in a building separated from lobby & the first 2 keys I was given would not open exterior door. Then I had to walk 170 steps down a hallway to access an elevator, to walk another 150 steps to my room. I had dinner delivered & they would not allow it to be brought to room...nor would the staff deliver it.

Room had zero cell phone reception. Front desk staff more concerned with their lip liner & nails than customer service. Everyone on staff was unhelpful & appeared miserable. Continental breakfast was a joke. Attendant picked up a butter pat from floor & put back in bowl. Same attendant watched a kid pick up muffin, put it down & then grab a different one. She never removed the first one.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear 40WeeksOnTheRoad,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I see that you were unhappy with your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. It is unfortunate that I did not have the opportunity to meet with you during your stay to address and resolve your concerns immediately while you were still at our property. Regarding our facilities and layout, our property is uniquely designed and we find that most of our guests appreciate the look and feel of the layout, I do apologize however, that you were not very impressed with it. Regarding our staff and service comments, this is truly unacceptable, not only by our high standards but by any standards, and I assure you that we will research and address accordingly with our team. If you do have any details regarding any specific incidences that you may recall and would like to share, I would appreciate the information as it will help me address them more efficiently. Thank you again for your feedback, It would be great if you decide to return to our property at some point so we can have the opportunity to recover you as our guest and show you the true Melia Orlando experience. Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel if you have any further comments or questions.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beds were comfy, pillowtop beauty rest
breakfast- was ok oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bread, juices.
didnt use pool
rooms were pretty clean, could have done better, but not horrible.
Noticeably cheap on bathroom soaps and in room coffee
Close to celebration a cool place fun to see

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We really enjoyed staying here. Every room is a suite I think all a minimum of 1,000 square feet so the bedroom is separate from the living room and kitchen. The full kitchen is limited but very nice for a hotel with a full size fridge oven range top and dishwasher. The beds and couches were very comfortable with a tv in both the bedroom and living room. The shower was great and each room has its own balcony. The bistro (restaurant downstairs) has a limited menu but what they do have to order is very good and reasonably priced (entrees $10-$20). Don't pay for the breakfast upstairs in the morning, the complimentary one is limited but you'd be better off going to any of the restaurants in the area if you want a bigger meal. The menu is very limited and the only thing that is very good are the pastries that seemed homemade but you can get those for free anyway. The wifi wasn't great but at least it's free. There were some kids, but we never noticed any definitely none that were loud or out of control. They do get you with a $15 resort fee so don't forget to factor that in. There were shuttles to the surrounding parks but we didn't take any so I don't know how they were. The room and pool were beautiful I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Erin H,

Thank you for your review! I see that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and amenities, we appreciate your comments. I wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be expanding our Bistro menu very soon to include new exotic and delicious items including our signature Melia Sangria! We hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon so you may experience this exiting new menu. Thank you again and thank you for staying with us!!

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been to Disney many times and typically stay "on campus." This time, however, we were going with a big group and the decision was not mine where to stay. I was extremely concerned about staying somewhere that wasn't supported by WDW, but I was pleasantly surprised (this is despite staying in another Melia hotel in Uruguay). The grounds were well maintained, the rooms were exactly as pictured online and even roomier then you expect. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite, which we shared with my husband and our 9 month old, along with my parents. We could not have been more comfortable. Breakfast was included, so we stocked up on bagels, muffins and croissants to add to the eggs and bacon we cooked in our own room.

Getting to the park (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom) was about a 5 minute drive. The price cannot be beat and this is now my new Disney hotel. I did not give them 5 stars because I think they kitchen should be a bit more well-appointed, but I'm guessing that is how costs are kept down. Nevertheless, I'm definitely staying there again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view or a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear ZCastro,

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our spacious rooms, amenities, grounds and breakfast. It is great to hear as well that you found them to be better than you had expected. I see that you had high expectations to start with, and the fact that we surpassed that is extremely rewarding to us. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate and value your opinion. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!

burgess hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

we were very impressed when we arrived at this hotel the accommodation was excellent we had a two bedroomed suite overlooking the pool , it was very well equiped and set out with a bedroom at each end and the living area in the middle , and the beds were the most comfortable i have ever slept in and i travel a lot ! the location was convenient with easy access to all attractions , it was very clean and the staff friendly. The basic breakfast was adequate and included in the room rate and there were not limits on how much you had , and a full breakfast was available at additional cost but we never felt we needed a huge cooked b reakfast.The $15 room service charge we felt was worth it as it covered many items.

The only negative thing for us as a couple was a very noisy family above us and they really disturbed us late at night and early morning so i would say this is definately a hotle for families and not a quiet hotel for couples i would think in the summer months it could be quite noisy !!

Room Tip: if you are a couple try and get the 5th floor so you dont have noisy families above you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!