“Don't Waste Your Time & Money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Kansas City, Missouri
“Don't Waste Your Time & Money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Terrible. Condescending staff, poor food handling procedures, inconvenient parking & request for room near door on low floor or near elevator was ignored. Room was in a building separated from lobby & the first 2 keys I was given would not open exterior door. Then I had to walk 170 steps down a hallway to access an elevator, to walk another 150 steps to my room. I had dinner delivered & they would not allow it to be brought to room...nor would the staff deliver it.

Room had zero cell phone reception. Front desk staff more concerned with their lip liner & nails than customer service. Everyone on staff was unhelpful & appeared miserable. Continental breakfast was a joke. Attendant picked up a butter pat from floor & put back in bowl. Same attendant watched a kid pick up muffin, put it down & then grab a different one. She never removed the first one.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear 40WeeksOnTheRoad,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I see that you were unhappy with your recent stay with us and I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. It is unfortunate that I did not have the opportunity to meet with you during your stay to address and resolve your concerns immediately while you were still at our property. Regarding our facilities and layout, our property is uniquely designed and we find that most of our guests appreciate the look and feel of the layout, I do apologize however, that you were not very impressed with it. Regarding our staff and service comments, this is truly unacceptable, not only by our high standards but by any standards, and I assure you that we will research and address accordingly with our team. If you do have any details regarding any specific incidences that you may recall and would like to share, I would appreciate the information as it will help me address them more efficiently. Thank you again for your feedback, It would be great if you decide to return to our property at some point so we can have the opportunity to recover you as our guest and show you the true Melia Orlando experience. Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel if you have any further comments or questions.

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beds were comfy, pillowtop beauty rest
breakfast- was ok oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bread, juices.
didnt use pool
rooms were pretty clean, could have done better, but not horrible.
Noticeably cheap on bathroom soaps and in room coffee
Close to celebration a cool place fun to see

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We really enjoyed staying here. Every room is a suite I think all a minimum of 1,000 square feet so the bedroom is separate from the living room and kitchen. The full kitchen is limited but very nice for a hotel with a full size fridge oven range top and dishwasher. The beds and couches were very comfortable with a tv in both the bedroom and living room. The shower was great and each room has its own balcony. The bistro (restaurant downstairs) has a limited menu but what they do have to order is very good and reasonably priced (entrees $10-$20). Don't pay for the breakfast upstairs in the morning, the complimentary one is limited but you'd be better off going to any of the restaurants in the area if you want a bigger meal. The menu is very limited and the only thing that is very good are the pastries that seemed homemade but you can get those for free anyway. The wifi wasn't great but at least it's free. There were some kids, but we never noticed any definitely none that were loud or out of control. They do get you with a $15 resort fee so don't forget to factor that in. There were shuttles to the surrounding parks but we didn't take any so I don't know how they were. The room and pool were beautiful I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Erin H,

Thank you for your review! I see that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and amenities, we appreciate your comments. I wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be expanding our Bistro menu very soon to include new exotic and delicious items including our signature Melia Sangria! We hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon so you may experience this exiting new menu. Thank you again and thank you for staying with us!!

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been to Disney many times and typically stay "on campus." This time, however, we were going with a big group and the decision was not mine where to stay. I was extremely concerned about staying somewhere that wasn't supported by WDW, but I was pleasantly surprised (this is despite staying in another Melia hotel in Uruguay). The grounds were well maintained, the rooms were exactly as pictured online and even roomier then you expect. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite, which we shared with my husband and our 9 month old, along with my parents. We could not have been more comfortable. Breakfast was included, so we stocked up on bagels, muffins and croissants to add to the eggs and bacon we cooked in our own room.

Getting to the park (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom) was about a 5 minute drive. The price cannot be beat and this is now my new Disney hotel. I did not give them 5 stars because I think they kitchen should be a bit more well-appointed, but I'm guessing that is how costs are kept down. Nevertheless, I'm definitely staying there again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view or a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear ZCastro,

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our spacious rooms, amenities, grounds and breakfast. It is great to hear as well that you found them to be better than you had expected. I see that you had high expectations to start with, and the fact that we surpassed that is extremely rewarding to us. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate and value your opinion. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!

burgess hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

we were very impressed when we arrived at this hotel the accommodation was excellent we had a two bedroomed suite overlooking the pool , it was very well equiped and set out with a bedroom at each end and the living area in the middle , and the beds were the most comfortable i have ever slept in and i travel a lot ! the location was convenient with easy access to all attractions , it was very clean and the staff friendly. The basic breakfast was adequate and included in the room rate and there were not limits on how much you had , and a full breakfast was available at additional cost but we never felt we needed a huge cooked b reakfast.The $15 room service charge we felt was worth it as it covered many items.

The only negative thing for us as a couple was a very noisy family above us and they really disturbed us late at night and early morning so i would say this is definately a hotle for families and not a quiet hotel for couples i would think in the summer months it could be quite noisy !!

Room Tip: if you are a couple try and get the 5th floor so you dont have noisy families above you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

It took a very long time to choose this property over the highly rated Floriday's. Because of the lack of reviews I was a little apprehensive but LOVED IT and glad we made this choice. We traveled to Orlando with my husband, mother and infant son for his 1st Birthday. The hotel was great and had two large rooms with King size beds.

There are alot of things I would like to say about this property but I am going to try to make it short.
1. Great location if you plan to spend your time at the Disney properties
2. Two words.... LARGE ROOMS!!!!!!
3. Car is necessary and the Celebration community is great and less crowded then other areas like International Drive and Universal Blvd.
4. One downside to the property is that you can not walk from the lobby (main entrance) to your room. You have to move through the side of the property. This was a problem on days we went shopping with bags, suitcases, etc.
5. Resort fee is not $15.00 a day it was like $20.00 because taxes were applied each day. I was expecting this charge and did not mind because many hotels in the area especially those with suites have resort fees. This property resort is much less than other properties.
6. Traditional contiental breakfast with the option to purchase from menu.

Overall this hotel was good, plan to stay again. If your looking for a property that has lots of amenties and activities throughout the day this is not the property. But if your looking for a hotel with large rooms that sleeps everyone comfortable, new property, and great location half the cost of surrounding hotels then this is it.....

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for cheaper rates
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear R_George2011,

Thank you for taking time to submit your review! We appreciate that you chose us to celebrate such an important part of your life with your child and we wish your son a Belated Happy Brithday! We hope to see you all soon at our property, feel free to contact me directly when your son turns two!!

David F. Gines
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Check in was fine and the clerk at the desk was accommodating to my request of where I would like the room to be in the hotel. We arrived to the 2 bedroom suite and appreciated the layout and spaciousness. The room was clean, but it wasn't clean if that makes sense. There was no debris or anything, but it just felt and smelled stale as if they cleaned it months ago and never went back in there to touch it up. The "resort fee" is a joke. What most hotels offer complimentary, they charge you for. So whether you want them or use them, you are basically paying $15 for a newspaper, 2 bottled waters (which were not provided in my suite), usage of the fitness center and, towels by the pool and shuttle service to Disney.

I was willing to overlook all of these things until I received the bill under the door. My invoice was incorrect. Even when I saw that it was wrong, I still didn't think that it was a big deal. I walked down to the front desk and showed them the disparity between my reservation that I was emailed and what they charged me. The clerks were both completely dumbfounded about how to fix a $15 difference. I think that I stood there for 20 minutes while they figured it out and I had to keep pointing at my email and explaining the math of how I was overcharged. Again, I would have even overlooked this issue, but after all of that, they never even apologized for the error or for taking so long to fix it. She just slid the invoice over to me after she made the adjustment. I had to ask her was she finished because she didn't even say anything. I regret not staying at the Floridays which has always been consistent with their service and cleanliness, but I wanted to try a new establishment. Oh well, I won't be back here!

Dear JoyRoams,

Thank you for submitting your review and for your comments. Allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel, we take pride in our service and to see these comments is very dissappointing to us. I would have loved to have an opportunity to speak to you prior to your departure to correct and resolve these issues. If possible, Id like another opportunity to speak to you regarding your comments. Please consider contacting me directly at the property to address and resolve these and go into further detail. Thank you again for staying with us!

Best Regards,

David F. Gines
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!