“Poor Service, Ok Rooms.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Clearwater, FL
“Poor Service, Ok Rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Check in was fine and the clerk at the desk was accommodating to my request of where I would like the room to be in the hotel. We arrived to the 2 bedroom suite and appreciated the layout and spaciousness. The room was clean, but it wasn't clean if that makes sense. There was no debris or anything, but it just felt and smelled stale as if they cleaned it months ago and never went back in there to touch it up. The "resort fee" is a joke. What most hotels offer complimentary, they charge you for. So whether you want them or use them, you are basically paying $15 for a newspaper, 2 bottled waters (which were not provided in my suite), usage of the fitness center and, towels by the pool and shuttle service to Disney.

I was willing to overlook all of these things until I received the bill under the door. My invoice was incorrect. Even when I saw that it was wrong, I still didn't think that it was a big deal. I walked down to the front desk and showed them the disparity between my reservation that I was emailed and what they charged me. The clerks were both completely dumbfounded about how to fix a $15 difference. I think that I stood there for 20 minutes while they figured it out and I had to keep pointing at my email and explaining the math of how I was overcharged. Again, I would have even overlooked this issue, but after all of that, they never even apologized for the error or for taking so long to fix it. She just slid the invoice over to me after she made the adjustment. I had to ask her was she finished because she didn't even say anything. I regret not staying at the Floridays which has always been consistent with their service and cleanliness, but I wanted to try a new establishment. Oh well, I won't be back here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear JoyRoams,

Thank you for submitting your review and for your comments. Allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel, we take pride in our service and to see these comments is very dissappointing to us. I would have loved to have an opportunity to speak to you prior to your departure to correct and resolve these issues. If possible, Id like another opportunity to speak to you regarding your comments. Please consider contacting me directly at the property to address and resolve these and go into further detail. Thank you again for staying with us!

Best Regards,

David F. Gines
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have a timeshare and decided this year to try the Melia in Orlando. I was very impressed with the service and staff. The facilities were clean and the pool was a big hit with my nephews and daugher. We had breakfast everyday at the restaurant in the hotel and the variety and quality of the food was FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Maritza G.

Thank you for posting your review! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our property, we appreciate that you took time to post it so others can come and enjoy the property as well. Thank you once again for staying with us!!

David F Gines
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me, my wife and our two kids (ages 5 and 20 months) stayed at the hotel 8 nights in November 2012. Before booking it, we spent some time researching accommodations in Orlando. We were looking for a good quality place that is spacious enough, possibly with a kitchen (kids like to grab a bite late), close enough to Disney parks, preferably with a free shuttle to parks and free parking, and breakfast included, but not overly expensive. This hotel seemed like a perfect fit. Indeed, the rooms are very nice: décor, size, cleanliness. Equipped with a big fridge, stove; dishwasher, dishes, cups and cutlery are aplenty, two LCD TVs, leather sofa-bed and nice king size bed in the bedroom. No washer/dryer though. Bathroom is somewhat disappointing: too simple and surprisingly short on space around the sink. As there is also no shelf of any kind near the mirror in the living room, my wife had hard time finding a place for her makeup. The breakfast includes three kinds of juices, coffee, tea, freshly bakes delicious croissants, mini muffins, sliced bread for you to toast, apple and cherry mini strudels, three kinds of cereals, milk, apples and bananas. Obviously, some prepackaged jams, peanut butter and cream cheese. The hotel provided clamshell boxes and coffee trays so you could take the food up to your room. The breakfast includes neither eggs nor any kind of meat, but I can cope with that, although that would’ve been a welcome addition. The hotel is located somewhat on the fringe, so walking anywhere towards night life or shops is probably too much; you will need to rely on some kind of transportation, hotel’s or other. Also, the water pressure in our shower was extremely low, and the water temperature constantly fluctuated from lukewarm to comfortably hot. I think it is because the suite was on the 5th floor. As I expected, despite my multiple complaints, nothing was done to fix this.

Now, here is what I find particularly disappointing about this place. Resort fee! Melia, you need to drop it! I think it is a way to charge you a bit more in a less obvious way than simple nightly rate. I mean, if guests cannot avoid paying it, why not include it in the price after all? The hotel declared resort fee is $15/night, but in reality they add sales tax and some other tax, so it becomes more than $17/night. On top of that, most of my complaints are related to the services supposedly covered by the notorious resort fee: internet and theme park shuttle service. Firstly, internet at this hotel is a joke! Download speed that I observed every night was 0.1Mb/s or less! I do need to admit that in the morning it was just barely passable. Secondly, the Disney park shuttle service is provided by a third party, and the shuttle services, if I’m not mistaking, six (!) other hotels in the area. The shuttle service to Epcot (only!) in the morning is good (7:40am, 8:15am, 9:50am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 4:55pm), but the return shuttle makes only three trips: 6pm, 8:45pm and 10pm. On few occasions, people stuffed in the bus so densely, there was hardly any room left even for the driver!

Overall, I might stay there again, if don’t find some other place either with more frequent shuttle, or no shuttle at all and no resort fee (to justify parking at the Disney parks of $14/day), or better breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the top floor because the water pressure and temperature in the shower will be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear FamilyOfWanderers,

Thank you for submitting your review, your feedback and comments are appreciated and valued by all of us here at the Melia Orlando. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and amenities during your past stay with us and we hope you return soon!
I would also like to apologize as I see that you were not satisfied with our internet service or our Theme Park transportation. Regarding the Internet service, it is completely complimentary and not included in our resort fee amenities. We will be contacting our Internet provider immediately to research and find a solution to the weak signal issue you experienced in this room. I beleive that this may be an issue in that specific room or the surrounding area as we have routers in close proximity of every room, and that specific one may be in need or a reset or replacement. I will ensure that they research the whole property and repair, replace or upgrade any router if needed.
Regarding your experience with our Theme Park shuttle service, I would like to apologize and assure you that we will be in communication with our partner who provides this service to research and address immediately to avoid any further issues. Please feel free to contact me directly here at the hotel if you have any further comments or suggestions or if you are planning a return stay to Orlando. Thank you again for staying with us!

Melia Orlando Suite Holtel at Celebration
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great all around hotel. Price is very good and the rooms are large. I had a 2 bedroom with kitchen.

There are no ovens. Stoves are electric. 2 cup coffee maker, dishes, eating utensils and very basic cooking utensils. A single pot, skillet and a large pot for pasta.

Pool is pretty nice. Spa is great but was broken most of the days I stayed here... a real bummer as I only got to use it once.

There is no on-site gym or day spa. You get free access to an extremely nice health club that is 1/2 mile from the hotel - about a 10 minute walk or jog. I actually really liked that the health club was off site. Mostly because it was a full service club which had way more than any hotel gym could ever fit.

Front desk service was great. Anything you need they could get. I needed a can opener, they brought one up.

Hotel restaurant is very small with a modest menu. They are open until 10pm which was too bad since they also had a bar. Breakfast was basics for $10 or less you could get eggs, potatoes, toast. Downstairs you get free fruit, pastry, coffee and tea each morning.

Room Tip: Get a room on the East side facing the Hospital floors 4 or 5. The west side faces the 192 highway...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sedrik V,

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your comments with us. We appreciate your great comments regarding the hotel and our Front Desk team members. I will make sure our team is commended for their efforts! Regarding our off-site Fitness Center, it is a world class facility that includes the latest fitness equipment, instructors, therapy pools and a Spa that features massage therapy, facials and sauna. We definitely recommend that every guest takes advantage of this feature while staying with us! Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

what a cracking hotel, great location central for disney parks , close to the interstate which takes you to universal studios and the top end of international drive in under ten minutes, sea world ,wet and wild and atlantis. lets not forget the designer outlets here too.
The hotel is very clean, large comfortable rooms with a balcony, kitchen,dining / sitting room.
the bed has to be american it's huge and unbelievably comfortable. launderette down on the ground floor free for guest use. complimentary transport to the parks and downtown celebration .
friendly staff always there to help. hotel food is good could expand the menu for more choice.
pool surrounded by the hotel is a good sun trap no wind! take care you will get fried.
to us english people who like a cup of tea take some tea bags for home and grab a 7 dollar kettle
from wall mart . as the kitchen does't have one. really nice two break can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel get sun on the balconies.third floor and above rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was our 4th or 5th ( i lost count) stay! Great as every time. I think they removed washer dryers from the unit. restaurant food/service was great. Love the pool, breakfast was good. New toiletries are ok.

Room Tip: pool view is the best
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Travelalillbit,

Hello, I am so happy to hear this was now your fifth trip with us, thank you so much for returning to see us year after year!!! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in anticipation to your next visit. Thank you again and please feel free to contact us at the property!

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The 2 bed room appartment with kitchen was perfect for our holidays with our 3-year old son. There was enough space to play also inside, we did not have to go to eat out every noon/evening and had separate rooms to sleep. The rooms are large and nicely decorated, not too old or used. Staff is very friendly. Rooms were quite clean, not 100% but OK. Bistro/Restaurant is OK, menu could be larger but food was OK. No play area for kids but pool had a flat part where toddlers could play. Can only suggest to book a pool view as otherwise maybe a little bit noise when facing the main street. Very close to many attractions (Disney World, Sea World, Epcot, restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Room 347, pool view, far away from elevator, very quiet. Or try to get on the 5th floor to have the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!