“30 a night for pool view??” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Save Saved
You added Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration to your Saves list
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Celebration Place, Celebration, FL 34747 (Formerly Mona Lisa Suite Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Celebration
Pensacola, Florida
“30 a night for pool view??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Haven't even checked in yet and called to request a pool view and they said it would be 30 dollars.. I said that would be fine until I find out that it's 30 a NIGHT! That's almost 200!!! Absolutely INSANE! Now I want to cancel reservation........SO upset!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Andrew F, Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Good Morning and Thank you for your valuable feed back.

We are ceretainly excited that you have chosen to stay with us at the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel, your business is valuable to us. You like most guest, have called ahead to confirm your reservation and we have done so by meeting your request to upgrade you to a view of our 360 degree infinity edge pool. These views are very unique and sell out rather quickly, therefore resulting in the upgrade charge that is treated on a nightly basis.

I can certainly see how this fee can be miscommunnicated to be perceived as a one time charge, but it is treated as a nightly accomidation. Your feed back to this matter is very important and will be used as a tool to help better suite all of our guest.

I would like to discuss your stay in further detail if you wish to call me at the hotel. Again, we are delighted to have you stay with us, and the Melia team is available to fulfill all of your vacation request.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Fox,
407-964-7000

880 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hi there! We just got back from 5 days with a 1 and 3 year old at the Melia Suites Orlando. I used to be a Disney employee (and traveled constantly) so have traveled to Orlando a lot and have always stayed at Disney properties when in the area. I decided to go "off property" because I wanted a bigger room and something a little more low-key since my kids are so young. I loved the location and size of the 2-bedroom suite we had at the Melia and the kids adored it. I was going to give it a glorious review but see below.

The downside: our room was on the ground-floor and had ants. There were hidden charges I wasn't expecting as I had purchased a package through priceline: a $15/day "resort fee", a $60/day crib fee (which I fought) and the "free" breakfast turned out to be a bread basket and coffee which my small children wouldn't eat. There was also something about a charge for your room being cleaned but that did not appear on my bill (it was advertised on the television screen in my room one day). The pool was beautiful but could have been warmer (although my small kids loved it I thought it was cold and I'm a pool person).

In addition, one evening I called the front desk about a question about the time of an event at Downtown Disney. The attendant seemed annoyed by the question and flustered and said she would call me back and never did. We drove the kids down there and the event had been delayed by 2 hours- I was not happy. My cell reception in the room was spotty or else I would have called myself. If I was a business traveler I would have not been ok with the concierge not calling me back.

Overall, the kitchen was great and the decor was nice- it was a very mellow feel and lots of walking paths nearby as well as food, grocery and drugstore so that made life easy.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the bottom floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Andrew F, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Good Day and Thank you for taking the time review your recent stay at the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel. We certainly value your business, especially because just a few short miles away are the many great hotels located on the Walt Disney World Grounds that you are used to staying at.

Melia has recently taken over this hotel and is certainly receptive to the feed back. We want to take your comments and make the necessary changes as to not repeat any of these issues.

Our property is scheduled for a weekly check from our local pest control company. They have advised us that due to the warm spring weather, and the plans pollinating, they will be out in larger numbers. None the less, we take the steps to prevent them from entering the suites at all possible cost. The nice thing about ground floor patios is the abundance of shade and lush green that is around the railing giving you a somewhat private outdoor seating option.

Any additional charges incurred at the hotel are noted in the terms and conditions of any booking engine. The resort fee is the added service of including round trip transportation to ALL of the great Orlando Theme Parks, transportation to through out the village of celebration, a day pass to the exclusive Fitness Center and Spa at the Celebration Health Club, Two Bottles of Water supplied in the suite daily, a copy of USA Today, Wi-Fi property wide, and towel service at the pool. The fee is also agreed upon at time of check in as we do not want to misinterpret any details to our guest.

Charges for cribs were $10 per day; however after further surveys and research, we will no longer charge for cribs.

Lastly and most importantly, follow up with our guest is something we pride ourselves on, and the notion that you did not get the information you requested is a disappointment. We want to strive to put the tools in place to provide all of our guest with the necessary information to make their stay as enjoyable as possible, where at the Melia "Anything is Possible".

I invite you to consider us again in the near future, and if you wish to discuss these matters in further details, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel level. We want our hotel be your top choice by taking the time to correct the noted items. We want to create a new experience for all of our guest each time they stay.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Fox
Front Office Operations Manager
407-964-7000
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

Save yourself and your family a kit of grief and sleepless nights and stay far, far away from the Melia Celebration Orlando Suites.
It is now 0155 in the morning and I have been calling the front desk since 1245 when I was awakened by the incessant noise from their 'regularly scheduled Maintenence' that they perform and awaking guests at these times. It is pathetic that you have to deal with such inconsiderate behavior and further more, be insulted by the delivery boy and floor sweeper Avaz who calls himself the 'Night Manager' who has little authority to do anything, let alone stop this ridiculous noise that they intentionally schedule in the middle if the night to irritate their guests.

• Stayed March 2012
Andrew F, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
The feed back provided in this response is valuable and has been shared among all executive parties at the hotel. There is nothing more important at a hotel stay than getting a great nights rest. With that being said, we would never intentionally schedule maintenance overnight to disrupt our valued guest. This was a new service we needed to schedule not knowing the level of disturbance that would be created. Going forward, the hotel staff has made the necessary adjustment so this maintenance will go unnoticed by our guest.

Our overnight staff has been given the empowerment to work with these situations and is more than prepared to deliver on behalf of the Melia Brand.

Please take our sincere apology in this matter and allow us the opportunity exceed your expectations by making the rest our your vacation with us a peaceful and relaxing one.

Feel free to reach out to myself or any other member of the hotel staff should you have questions.

Kind regards,

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I will check out of this hotel tomorrow, so I am currently in it, writing my review. Overall, our family of 4 (kids are 4 and 6) enjoyed the 1 bedroom suite offered at this hotel. I would not say it is a luxurious place, but I am sure it is comparable if not better than many family hotels in Orlando.

The positives : location (quiet area, very close to the parks and I-4, nice neighbourhood, very secure), pool area is georgeous (circle shape, shallow and deeper areas, zero entry section for young kids, palm trees, secluded, lots of chairs, umbrellas and tables), room size is very good (our family of 4 was all right in the one bedroom suite), cool to have a kitchenette, having a balcony was appreciated, king bed very comfortable, hotel is well insonorized (we didn't hear any noise whatsoever) and most importantly, very clean!

The negatives : kitchen is not well equipped (there were 4 big plates, 3 bowls, 2 forks, 2 wine glasses, no sink plug, no clothe to wash or wipe the dishes, no oven, no mittens, no salt & pepper), the room shows its age (broken or worn furniture, sratches on the wall, noisy air conditionning, patio door did not lock, stains on carpet), I did not like the food at the hotel's restaurant. Also, I took the time to make a written request for a pool view room before checking-in, but instead, I have been granted a view-of-nothing-but-a-field-and-road room with no explanation (I think however, that only 2 bedrooms suites are facing the pool), the 2 times I pushed the Service button on the phone, it kept on ringing forever and I never got anybody to answer (first because I needed sheets for the Hide-a-bed and a fourth set of towels and second because I wanted to know if I could have a pizza delivered to my room, both time I had to go to the front desk to ask but both times those requests have been quickly taken care of).

Overall and notwithstanding the negatives listed above, I liked staying at this hotel and I would recommend it to my friends who are not too picky. For the price I've paid, I consider it a good deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Terre Haute, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just spent a week at the Melia Orlando for a baseball tournament. The resort is located in a great area in Celebration. We booked a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit which was located on the end of the resort. The unit was nice in size but the furniture, carpet, coffee pot, and bathrooms all needed updating. The beds were nice and comfortable and the balconies were very nice. Hopefully, the resort will update the units soon because we would probably go back there if that happened. The hallways were very plain and also could use some character. Overall I would rate the hotel a 3 or 3 1/2 not a solid 4 as stated in the booking.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end have the best balconies
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My family and I had the worst experience at the Melia hotel and resort in Celebration, Florida. We were ignored at the front desk, not helped after waiting in the lobby for half hour. Still no service or apologies after calling Mr. Jay Granada after walking out. So we called and canceled our reservations from the car before even seeing the accommodations we were suppose to be staying in for our 5 night stay in Orlando, Florida (2 bedrooms). Sorry we bothered them at their workplace. We are very upset, never again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andrew F, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Good Evening,

This email serves to acknowledge your recent comments. Your feed back has been eye opening in the fact that what was to be a rewarding and exciting moment to visit the Melia turned out to be a sour one at best.

The feed back you have given is a tool, showcasing the opportunity for us to correct regardless if our hotel is busy or not. I can not apologize enough for the lack of concern, or ability to meet your needs by simply showing you a room. The hotel has been very busy the last month and any time a guest comes in to see a suite, we want to show a clean and inspected one. It may be possible that one was not available at the time and reason to have you wait briefly. However, this does not constitute having to wait with out follow up nor acknowledgement from our management team.

I would, as the front office manager, love to have the pleasure of speaking to you over the phone in further detail about this situation. This is unfortunate on both sides, one because you were left with a sour note of how the Melia Orlando Suite Hotel under delivered, and two, for us because you chose our hotel over the many other great hotels in Orlando to take care of your family, however we failed.

Please take my apologies on behalf of the hotel, give us another chance, and allow me to personally take care of your needs.

With kind regards,

Andrew Fox
407-964-7170
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

Great roomy two bedroom suite. Great, workable kitchen, I was able to cook simple meals several nights. Pool was great and was heated well enough (a little warmer would have been nicer!) We used the hot tub most nights. The photos shown on the reviews are pretty accurate. Staff was helpful and friendly. Bathrooms were great. Furniture, while it looks nice, is already starting to wear out in room 228 eg. drawers are misaligned in master bedroom and kitchen, couch's middle cushion's zipper had stuffing spilling out due to split zipper. Maid service is inconsistent eg. forgetting to replace cream for in-room coffee and dishwasher powder - had to ask for it everyday. I started with 3 bath towels and would then get 2! The daily resort fee had gone up to $15 from the $12 listed by selloffvacations.com, but when I showed my paperwork, I got the $12 rate. By the way, I only got the newspaper 4 of the 8 days, but it was supposed to be included in the resort fee! People have complained about the continental breakfast, but we thought it was great - croissants, either apple or raspberry strudels and mini-muffins (blueberry or lemon poppyseed.) My kids loved the orange juice, we also appreciated the coffee in styro cups with lids. The breakfast was available in take-out containers, so it was great to hit the road with it. Maybe people were expecting bacon and eggs, but that's not what a continental breakfast is. Overall, this hotel more than met my expectations and I would stay here again in spite of the minor issues. I would highly recommend the two-bedroom suite for families. My boy and girl took turns sharing the pull-out couch and second king bed on alternate nights. It was great to have two separate bathrooms to get ready in the morning! Free laundry was helpful. Two nice balconies, including a dining table and chairs. The hotel was kept quite clean. This is probably the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in - no traffic noise, no hall noise. The most comfortable hotel bed and pillows EVER!!! This hotel was a great pick for us, but if you're the diva type, it might not be right for you.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!