“It doesn't get any better than this!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 35%
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Celebration
Indiana
“It doesn't get any better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

Amazing place! I have 3 small children, so it is perfect for them. Swimming pools everywhere, kiddie pools, a really nice playground, etc. The 2 BR condo is amazing. The bedroom was oohhhh sooooo romantic (mirrors everywhere). Jacuzzi tub in the master BR (awesome). 52" screen TV with a very comfortable leather sectional to lounge on. Our balcony overlooked the 8th green of the golf course (with Epcot Center in the background). The huge pool was right outside our door....we walk across the parking lot and it's right there! Extremely nice scenery, great staff, no hassles, A MUST SEE. I'm just an average Joe with a wife and 3 kids, and we were all very impressed.

• Liked — The amazing accomodations
  • Disliked — It is a mile or 2 down a 2 lane chip and seal road, but things are springing up around it very fast.
  • Tips/Secrets — Buy all of your Disney stuff at garage sales and on clearance at home before you go, because Disney stuff in Orlando is crazy expensive!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Tacoma, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

When we got to the resort, we knew a little about what to expect because we had been on a presentation tour last year for the timeshare offered.

Our family only had a few minutes to wait before we were escorted to our unit. It was very spacious and appeared to be exceptionally clean.

My kids enjoyed having lots of space and various tvs to relax and watch. My husband enjoyed the screened deck in the back with two sliding door entrances.

You can take a jacuzzi bath and watch tv at the same time!
Some of the services offered, like video game room, was a little "hokie", it was a closet.

The front desk is rarely available when staff is all out working the general public for these timeshare presentations. But they are low pressure.

I would have enjoyed having more complimentary dishsoap, but other than that, we had a wonderful time staying at the resort. It was very relaxing and if we didn't feel like eating in a restaurant, we could all sit down family style at the wonderful dining table.
The kitchen comes with everything you need to make yourself at home.

Loved the peaceful environment and the pools were fantastic!
I would highly recommend Windham Palms to anyone and especially families or golfers!

Stayed August 2006
Rural ,Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

Outstanding location close to all entertainment, restuaraunts, and airport.

Golf at its finest - loved the hazards...

Staff was bend over backwards great.

It was the best way to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary,
then we extended the event by purchasing a timeshare, could not be more pleased...

Thank You, Palms for the "Good Times."

Stayed March 2005
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

We were down to the last minute, and still didn't have a place to stay. So my mother made us a guest at her resort, the Wyndham Palms Resort. So we booked a two bedroom/two bath place (we have two boys 9 and 12, and they loved it). We had read some bad reviews, but knowing my mother, I knew it had to be good. So, when we get there and open the door to our place, we were just soo excited and pleased we couldn't believe it. The place was clean with a large open entry area, it was like being in a condo, or a small home. From the open concept of the master bedroom (you could soak in the large tub, two people), to the large shower, where you could watch tv, it was just great. The kids really loved the fact that they could get up and fix themselves something to eat, go back into their rooms and watch tv, or just stay in the living room and watch the big screen. Out of the many times we've come to the Florida area for vacation, this place we stayed in was by far the best - and we've stayed in some nice places. The pools were great as well as the screen over the balcony - which on many a morning, my husband sat out there just to read and reflect. We overlooked a type of marshy area, but that was great - no guests looking in on us. We had the best time at the Wyndham Palms and look forward to staying there again.

• Liked — It was a good size and off the path a little - you didn't feel like you were cramped for space, much space to move around.
  • Disliked — Not their fault, but there needs to be a two-lanes leading up to and leaving the place. There was a major accident in front of the resort, but only one road (the way we went) to get to the resort.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

My sister and I with the 3 children we have between us stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath lock off during August 26 - September 2nd.

First off, I called ahead requesting the newer buildings (31-32). Since I saw the recommendations from other travelers. When I arrived we were given 2 rooms (not joining) in builiding 28. The first room had 2 bedrooms/2baths, living room and dining room with full kitchen and washer/dryer. The second room which was a 1 bedroom/1bath with a smaller kitchen and living room.

The rooms were not as clean as I would have liked them, the furnishings old and in need of remodeling.

The pool closest to our building was under service the majority of time we were there. So we had to drive to another pool, the walk was too long.

I would not recommend staying here and will not be back. Although the property - golf course is nice, the rooms were not. I find it comparable to the Westgate property up the road which I didn't like either.

We were not hassled for a tour of the property since I'm a Marriot owner.

The positive is the resort is really close to the Disney parks. We got there with no trouble at all.

• Liked — The location to Disney World.
  • Disliked — The cleaniness.
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

The Orlando area is not one of my favorite places, but we had to book our vacation this year at the last minute and Orlando was the only place available for the week we wanted. We booked through Interval International and my 21 year old daughter and I traveled together. I have always found Interval to be reliable in their recommendations, so we were anticipating upscale accommodations. However, had we not spoken up and voiced our disappointment, we might have been stuck in a crumby older building in a pitiful unit with hardly enough room to turn around, a dorm size fridge with no icemaker and noisy neighbors. We carried all of our stuff up to the unit before we decided to question whether they had made a mistake because this unit was in no way what the floor plan and pictures on the internet showed. Once I complained, the check-in desk was more responsive and switched us to another building which had the newer units that were 100% better. After that we found our accommodation to be very comfortable and up to the usual Interval standard. This place is very convenient to the Disney properties - about 15 minutes from the dedicated expressway that shoots you right into Epcot, Disney World, Downtown Disney, etc. However, the pool facilities are inadequate for the amount of guests, if you want to go to the pool at peak times. We did not use any other amenities, so can't comment on those. Overall, I would stay here again if need be, but I prefer the Marriott Grande Vista where we stayed last year.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

I Just returned from a week long stay at the Wyndham palms. After finding trip advisor and reading several negative reviews about the resort I was scared to stay there. We exchanged into Wyndham thru Interval International and We had a large group of 17 people coming from a family reunion in Fort Lauderdale (10 adults,7 kids,5 seperate families)
I must say Wyndham fit our every need. Beacuase of the negative reviews, we called ahead of time and requested to be in a newer building.
Request granted , we received 3, 2 bedroom suites in building 31 ( this building also had a pool) Two suites were on the same floor the 3rd suite was a flight up. It was perfect so the kids could be close to one another.
We arrived very late Saturday evening and check in took about 10 minutes. Our buiding was close to the check-in and we found our rooms quickly. I was never asked to do a tour of the property however 2 members of my family received 1 phone call each . That was it, once they said no, they were never bothered the entire trip.
The rooms were huge...clean...enough tableware for 8, Large t.v. in the living room. I never saw 1 bug the entire time I was there.
The pool was beautiful and of the four times we used it, it only got crowded once. We did not go to the other two pools. The children enjoyed the golf course and the playground.
The hotel is minutes from Disney and 192. Super Walmart is about 1/2 hour away on 192 and we were able to grocery shop and buy everything we needed to stock up our room.
We did the express check out on our way out,quick and easy.
The resort is large but there was really no need for us to venture too far from our building. The weekday breakfast buffet was not a far walk and we rented cars in order to go to the theme parks.
Overall, I cannot say one negative thing about my stay at Wyndham...they provided a very comfortable place to stay for my family during our trip to Disney.

• Liked — huge rooms with plenty of space, large tv in living room
  • Disliked — air conditioner..difficult to regulate
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a newer building..take advantage of the super Walmart
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!