“TimeShare Exchange” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 35%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
“TimeShare Exchange”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

My wife, son and I stayed here from April 18 thru the 21 and found it to be a great place. My rating is based on the accomidations we had and not on the annemeties, since we basically just slept there and were gone during the day and early evening. We had banked a week from our timeshare in Maine and exchanged it for a week at the Wyndham. I was very reluctant at choosing the Wyndham because of some of the reviews on this site but was glad that I did because the place we got was outstanding! Our "Condo" was a carpeted ( excellent condition) one bedroom with king size bed, stand up shower and 2 person jacuzzi. The livingroom consited of a Leather Chair and Leather Couch (looked brand new) with a very modern kitchen with tile flooring through out the kitchen and livingroom(full sized stove and Fridge, both looked new), 54" Colored TV and VCR, glass table with Chairs, and a screened in patio with chairs and table. I could not hear any neighbors and it seemed that the resort was very peaceful at night. We may have been lucky in getting this particular Condo with owners who obviously took care of the place. All in All, we really enjoyed our trip and would reccomend staying here based on a timeshare exchange.

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

Just returned from a 1 week stay at Wyndham Palms and the family had a great time. We had a 2 Bdrm unit for 2 adults and 4 kids under 10 years old. Plenty of room and the 2 full bathrooms were key. All appliances and funriture were brand new and we had a great screened in porch overlooking a conservation area. Having a washer and dryer allowed us to pack light and return with no dirty laundry. Very convenient to parks and restaurants.
Only negatives would be the complimentary breakfast which was very poor quality and the pools tended to get too crowded. They are working on a new pool with waterslide right now though. For the price, the room and the location you cannot go wrong. Get one of the 2 Bdrm units! For a family of six it was still a lot of room for much less money than 2 Hotel Rooms. Plus you can cook many of your own meals in house.

South Shore, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

We stayed at the Wyndham Palms from 13 April through 22 April 2005. The resort is off of Old Lake Wilson Road (south of Rt. 192 and just west of Rt. I-4) in Kissimmee. Our unit was in building 30 on the first floor and found the resort to be well-suited to our needs. We traded in for a week with timeshare and purchased two additional nights.

1) FIRST IMPRESSIONS - Our arrival was around midnight due to some slowdowns at the airport, but this did not present any problem. The front entrance is beautiful, although because of the way the entrance signage is laid out, I nearly passed the drive. We were warmly greeted at the security checkpoint and given directions on to the check-in. Having read other reviews of the resort before booking here, I was not surprised to find the desk in a trailer / utility building toward the back of the resort. Wyndham Palms currently is currently in a construction phase. I would hope that they will be looking to provide a more impressive space for the front desk that would lend itself to providing a better first impression in the future. That being said, the young lady at the desk was pleasant and checked us in efficiently. We were given a map of the property with concise directions to our unit.

2) THE ACCOMODATIONS - Arriving at the unit we found our three-bedroom accommodations to be spacious (over 2,000 sq. ft.), clean and comfortable. My impressions were as follows:

a) Kitchens & Dining - In the 2-bedroom side the kitchen was clean and good-sized with tiled floors that continued through the living space to the screened porch. Not as well-stocked as many I've been to with regard to utensils and appliances beyond the most basic items. We tend to do a number of meals at our unit while we vacation (one of the reasons we opt for timeshare/suites) and found that making those meals put a strain on the number of pots/pans and serving ware in the unit. We did have the smaller kitchen in the lock off side so we were able to muster additional items there. I was particularly disappointed that there was no blender, as the weather was beautiful and I do tend to mix smoothies / tropical drinks to relax with. There was a glass-top table for six, with two stools at the counter for dining. The lock off kitchen was small but functional, with the same sparse stocking of cookware and a four stool counter to dine on.

b) Living Area - A large L-shaped leather sofa in the living area of the 2-bedroom side was comfortable, with a 52" television w/DVD player at its center. No stereo if you had desired to have music on. There was a large sliding glass door (looked to be 10-12' wide) that opened onto the screened porch. It was a comfortable place to sit and relax, though the down-side was that there really wasn't a view from it. The room faced a tree-line with some grass plantings between the unit and the trees. The 1-bedroom side had a slider with the same view, but no balcony/porch to enjoy. If you have both sides it's not much of an issue sharing the screen enclosure, but had I rented the 1-bedroom side alone, I would have been disappointed not to be able to access a balcony/patio. The sofa is smaller on the 1-bedroom side, as is the television. Both sides of the unit had pullout sleepers in the sofas which was a plus with the number of people staying with us (9 total).

c) Bedrooms / Bathrooms - A large master bedroom in the 2-bedroom side has a king-sized bed, adequate storage (3 drawer unit under the television and 2 bedside tables with 2 drawers each, and a full length closet w/iron and ironing board). Floor was carpeted around the bed area and transitioned to tile for the whirlpool / bathroom area. There was a television and a sliding door onto the screened porch. Bath in the master has a large whirlpool tub and an additional corner shower with a sink/counter/vanity off of one side and a sink/counter off of the other side. The toilet for the master bedroom is in a small room off of the main bath area.

Second bedroom in the 2-bedroom side has 2 queen sized beds and carpeted floor. There was adequate storage to accommodate 2 daughters (ages 16 and 21) and a television. The bathroom for this was directly outside the bedroom door and had a tub/shower in it.

The bedroom in the 1-bedroom side was not huge, but not cramped either. The floor was carpeted with the exception of tiling around the large whirlpool tub. The bed is queen-sized and there was a television here as well. The bathroom is located outside the bedroom door, and has a shower unit (no tub) in it.

d) Other Comments - The decorating was a neutral-based color scheme with some silk flowers/plants and a number of mirrored walls - nothing overtly offensive or engaging. I was surprised that there were no premium movie channels on the television - only pay-per-view movies. I was also surprised to find that there were no high speed network connections for a computer in a place that appears to be fairly new. There is dial-up available through the telephone but this comes with an additional phone charge. We did have people in the unit above ours and did get noise from kids running, items being moved and use of whirlpools, but not to the point of extreme annoyance.

3) THE RESORT - A large, fairly spread-out resort with the following amenities:

a) Pool Areas - There are two pool areas at present. The first is located a short distance inside the front gate. I did not utilize this so I can't comment on it. The second is further along the main thoroughfare, adjacent to the check-in building. It contains a small, shallow children's pool with a mushroom structure that creates falling water for children to play under. There are two small pools adjacent to this. Both are approx. 3.5 feet deep on the ends with a 5 foot depth in the middle. Good for walking into and floating, but not really conducive to swimming laps or the like. There were a number of padded loungers and a number of umbrella tables with chairs (also some tables & chairs without umbrellas), though the loungers could get filled up fairly quickly. Finding a lounger, should you arrive late morning, could be difficult. I read an earlier post here that bemoaned the lack of towels at the pool, but never saw that to be a problem during our stay. You will want to have towels to cover the loungers, as the dark-green pads on them do get pretty warm to the touch in the heat of the sun. There was food available at this pool (personal sized pizzas at $4 or a little less, and other items that needed to be ordered), as well as a poolside bar (had a nice margarita for $6).

b) Other Recreational Activities - Ping-Pong, basketball, tennis, miniature golf and a game room are all adjacent to the pool area I described. Equipment (putters and golf balls, basketballs, ping-pong paddles, etc.) is available at the building by the pool entrance. No charge, just a sign-out sheet. The tennis and basketball courts looked nice and the ping-pong was outside under a roofed structure to protect from the sun/rain. Miniature golf is not the shorter length holes with windmills and obstructions. The holes are longer with tricky terrain, turns and angles that made it challenging. My kids in their late teens enjoyed it, but nieces that were 5 and 8 years old found it to be more than they cared to contend with. There is also the main golf course that, being the hacker that I am, I did not choose to play. The fairways and greens looked beautiful and well-kept though. The clubhouse boasted a nice dining room/function facility, though I did not take advantage of that either.

c) Other Resort Comments - There are plans for another pool/bar & grille/volleyball area directly adjacent to building 30 that are slated to be completed in 2005, though work has just started on them (barely). The conceptual drawings look very nice and hopefully it will take some of the pressure off of the other pools, as well as lessen the distance to the closest pools (our proximity to the closest pool was approx. 4/10ths of a mile, one way). Resort staff was friendly and helpful. There are shuttles listed that will take you from your unit to recreational areas in the resort, but I never used them. My daughter and I did receive a ride from a pleasant young female employee on a golf cart back to our unit on one occasion though. We were not bothered at all by the resort trying to sell us timeshare, which seems to be a common gripe in resort reviews. There were a number of sales tours going on while we were there but we were never subjected to any pressure to attend one. If, however, you do take advantage of a discount rate at any resort (and I don’t know whether or not Wyndham uses this marketing tool) in return for your attendance at a timeshare sales presentation you should realize that the time you sacrifice and the pitch to get you to buy are the consequences for a discounted rate. If you don’t want the aggravation, you may want to think twice before you agree to what may seem like a bargain.

4) Overall Impression – I thought that Wyndham Palms offered us a comfortable, enjoyable stay. If you require space for a family or friends traveling together, I think it is an excellent value. It’s proximity to Disney and I-4 for access to Universal and Seaworld makes it a reasonable choice for park-bound vacationers (10 minutes to Disney / 15-20 minutes for Seaworld / 20-25 minutes for Universal). The accommodations are clean and comfortable. As more recreational activities / areas are added to the complex it can only get better. If I had one other comment, it would be that I would like to see additional work done on the grounds to break up the open landscape with shrubs, trees and other plantings so that it didn’t have such a barren look once you are in the resort. All things considered, while I have been to other resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area that were nicer, I would not have any qualms about staying at this resort again or in recommending it to others.

new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

We just returned from a week at the WP... I must say we were very dissapointed! Actually we were in building 13, and it was just dingy and outdated.....for the gentleman that wrote that there is no carpeting in the bedrooms just tiled flooring, must not have been in building #13,,, yes there is carpeting in the bedroom, well stained green carpeting! and tile. during the daytime you need to put on lights.. there was not even a chair on the balcony...which faced the woods...The bathroom was very unappealing, and very cold looking... the placemats were stained...as well as the area rug in the livingroom. The air conditioning unit has a mind of its own....when we first arrived there the place was musty smelling... and also the lady that wrote about the bed was absolutely right.. the sheets did not fit the bed and in the morning would be off... the bed was old and saggy, and the bedspread was meant for a king bed not the *queen* or should I say full bed that we got. the top of the refrigerator was very greasy and the "apartment" on a whole was not very clean... we did not hear the people next door to us on either side... it was quiet. there was no gym, and the game room was a few games and that was it.. the minture golf was just an 18 hole put put... no fancy do dads here.....the kiddie pool was filthy...we had batteries missing from out remotes, tv in bedroom was fussy, very poor reception....lightbulbs that were out...and the cooking utensils were something to be leary of.. we had previously decided to eat in some of the days, but after looking at the utensils, as well as the dishes and cups we ate out all the time and did no cooking what so ever in there....the complimentary breakfast was not worth going to... for Florida the small little orange juice they gave you was disgusting...we went once and never went back to eat again....when you come thru the front gate it is very pretty looking, and you have to show your parking pass.....we felt oh good secruity.. well that is the only "security" that you will see there.. actually if you go pass the pool area on the road anyone can enter the complex from back there and they certainly dont need a pass...We have decided never to go back to this resort and try some where else.... Actually we stayed in a hotel the prior night to our reservations at the WP... and the room there was beautiful... for $69 dollars a night...and also clean....we would have rathered stayed there for the money per night than at the "resort"...we were not escorted to our room...we gave them the we already have a time share and have no intentions of purchasing another....even in a motel, hotel, they come and make up the bed..... I guess everyone has a different opinion of the "resort" but we only can express what we saw that bothered us....we would not recommend this resort to family or friends... on a good note, the location was very good as far as traveling to the attractions....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2005

We stayed here on a golf package. excellent, clean, lots of room. would stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2005

The person from Schenectady NY must have stayed at a different place and mistakenly wrote their review here. The pictures look nothing like those posted. The villa that I stayed in looked exactly like the pictures posted from Expedia. Everything in my villa was in new condition from the furniture down to the silverware. It was immaculate. The appliances looked like they were just delivered from Home Depot. It was like a home away from home, extremely comfortable with all the comforts of home. I, too, had read some mixed reviews about this place and was alittle skeptical. It turned out that this place went way above my expectations. I have stayed in many nice places and this is way up on my list of the nicest.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and accomodating. It was so close to the main gates of Disney. I can't say enought about how nice my stay was at the Palms. It is very clean. I will stay here again and again when in the Orlando area and I will recommend this to my family and friends. Oh, and one more thing, the layout of this place is exceptional.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

We were brought to Wyndham Palms to see about a time share, but when you get there they say that you don't qualify, (because of some obscure little florida reality law), and then charge you a penality fee ($150.00), after spending $105.00 Per night for the so called "villa", Plus airfare. the "villa" was very small, had a hole in the carpet, the bathroom was dirty and the shower Had someones hair all over it along with something sprayed on the inside of the glass. The so called shower was a pullout hand held shower head that would not pullout far enough so you had to squat down to get your head wet.
In the kitchen-ette, the refridgerator door swung the wrong way so you had to move a chair to get into it, the tiny sink didn't have any way to stop the water so you could wash dishes or any dish towels or cloths, we had to use hand towels from the bathroom. The only cooking utensils was a frying pan and a sauce pan. which was stored under the sink with the silverware, (Yuck).
The remote didn't work for the TV with the fuzzy picture and you could hear the people in the next unit having a normal conversation. The door for the laundry (which is just a tiny stackable washer/dryer in a closet) would not open fully because it was broken.
The so called queen size bed was a small full size that had a queen size coverlet on it, there was a dresser had 4 small drawers but 2 of them were full of pillows, which were foam and made you sweat. The alarm clock was very confusing and in order to shut it off I had to unplug it every day.
The thremostat didn't work right so you had to turn the air on and off manually. the only windows in the whole "villa" were in the bedroom so the rest of the place was very dark.
There was NO information about anything in the room, even how to call the front desk. Of coarse you couldn't because the phone didn't work. They advertised room service, but there was no menu or info on who to call for it.
After the first day there we went to the front desk to see why our unit had not been cleaned or made up, and they said that if we wanted maid service we had to pay for it, on top of what we already paid. What's up with that?....
And if you don't like screaming, mis-behaving kids, don't go here. Even in the lobby, and at the pool (which was so crowded, you couldn't get in it), and at the Mini- golf course.
At the country club you get treated like a second class citizen and if you want to rent clubs and pay greens fees, watch out and be ready to take out a loan, ($65.00 just to rent clubs for one round, plus a deposit), and if you want a nice polo shirt for a souvenier, be ready to pay from $60. to $95. or more. I saw a baseball cap with Tigers logo for $28 and it only came in white, that will stay clean on the golf course.
The whole place was just a poor experiance. On the outside it looks very nice but up close, it is very poorly run and very cheaply built. If any one asked me about purchasing a time share or staying there, I would have to tell them to run, fast, in some other direction.....

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!