“Mystic Dunes - Acceptable Disney/Universal place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7900 Mystic Dunes Lane, Celebration, FL 34747   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Tampa, Florida
“Mystic Dunes - Acceptable Disney/Universal place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have spent 4 days in a 2 room/bath condo at the Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in Celebration FL. It is an acceptable place to stay and a very good rate. Not too clean and not too dirty. It is ok and a good location for Universal, Disney and SeaWorld.

Full kitchens, well equipped, and everything you need is included in the kitchen. Beds, linens and towels are clean and in very good condition.

Washer/Dryer needed repair, kitchen sink drained on the floor and the dishwasher leaked. All worked on during our stay. Unit probably needs renovated.

Overall I would stay again if we had a group like we did with 30 adults/kids for a soccer tournament.

Room Tip: Don't know if you can ask for a newer room or not, my be the luck of the draw,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have stayed at this resort for the last 4 years and is undergoing renovations. It's pot luck if you get a refurbed unit. The decision to refurbish was necessary some areas are tired and work on going. Yes, it can be annoying but needs to be done. Our unit had faults with the washing machine, dishwasher and fridge - the washing machine they fixed reasonably quickly but they needed 4 people to sort it.
The staff are friendly and efficient but Kenzie's is not up to standard. The atmosphere not the same.
If your on a golfing holiday the new owners of the golf course have restructured the pricing and it does not matter if you are a guest - no discount unless you make a noise or suffer the timeshare tour.
The course is still one of the best but getting priced out. Slow playing there.
hopefully once the renovations are finished it will be back to it's best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Clovis, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice place for overnight stay. It's a little remote but beautiful. Building 13 needs some maintenance. Hallways were lined with trash and dirty linens when we arrived. May have been bad timing. Elevator was dirty and needs painting. Hallways dark and a little spooky for this single girl. Rooms were nice. WARNING. Check out time is 10:00 or they charge you 100.00 dollar fine! That's ridiculous. 10:00 is too early for folks on vacation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there through an exchange with our timeshare. It was out of the way, but a short drive from everything. The rooms are nice and open and the service was wonderful, especially the maintenance guys and security that helped us a lot :). The only downside was having to pay extra for all the activities, and the miniature golf course needed a makeover, but it was a beautiful resortand we would definitely go back :)

• Stayed July 2013
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Rooms are OK- dated, but clean. We got a few phone calls about buying a timeshare but firmly told them no and we were left alone after that. My main complaint is the walls are paper thin. I could clearly hear people walking and talking and kids crying above and next to me. The restaurant on the resort, Kenzie's, was hit or miss. We went for lunch once and the food was good, went for dinner the next day and were very disappointed. Expect to pay about $75 to get to/from the Orlando airport and about $25 to get to/from the parks if taking a taxi.

• Stayed November 2013
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice resort with plenty of great amenities. The grounds are well kept. The complimentary golf cart shuttle service was great. The Marketplace on-site had reasonable prices. Service and food at Kenzie's was great.

Not really sure why the reviews are rating this resort as average because this is not an average resort but they really need to update the rooms ASAP. Our room was very 80's and definitely needed at least a chair in the living area, only having a 3-seat couch for a unit that has a max occupancy of 4 just doesnt make sense to me but it wasn't an issue for us traveling with 2 adults and a child. The decor and old school TV in the bedroom severely dated the room as well. The claim of renovations throughout the property seems fairly far off in terms of completion because every unit we saw, looked nothing like the model (which was fabulous, BTW). Not sure which buildings are actually renovated. We stayed in building 28.

The in-unit washer and dryer was great. The activities Center was great for the little one. The staff are hands down the best I've come in contact with in a very long time. The Dunes Lagoon pool was always busy with activities and I really enjoyed that.

Considering the outdated rooms and very small exercise facilities I can understand some others' reviews but the top-notch service, great restaurant on-site and overall grounds made up for that to me.

We're owners now so we'll be back but I better have a renovated room next time :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week, it was the best vacation I ever had. After our wonderful week long stay at mystic dunes, I returned home only to realize that I had hidden my wallet with important documents and a large sum of money inside the safe. I was sick about it!! I placed a call to mystic dunes and was directed to Lost and Found Department. I left a message on the answering machine and hoped for the best, This morning I received a call from Elvia Rocha , that she had went to the room herself and FOUND my wallet, just where I told her to look !! She made my day.
The honesty of this employe was a blessing to me!! Thanks a lot Mystic Dunes for a Great Vacation.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#33 of 160 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 stars 2,107 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!