“Excellent stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 35%
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Celebration
“Excellent stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here so we could take our two year old son to Animal Kingdom. The rate was excellent at $75 per night for a suite. Included living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. Very clean with no problems. Great, laid back location, surrounded by golf courses. Very easy to get to the Disney resorts from this location.

• Stayed November 2013

1,681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Rock Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We are extremely happy that we selected the Mystic Dunes for our stay to visit Disney World. The Villa we stayed in was new, very clean and spacious. The Front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful as well as knowledgeable. The time share desk tried to sign us up for a 90 minute tour but let us go quickly when we were firm in saying that we were not interested. The place is a mere 15 minutes from the World Drive in Disney World without any traffic problems. Restaurants and shopping could be reached in the same time.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building #31
chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed for a week,had a great experience. The resort is a gem ,friendly staff and very clean!
I don't know what other reviewers are looking for, ours had all the comforts of home with Disney just minutes away. We would stay again !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

After reading most of the reviews about Mystic Dunes, I felt that I had a 50/50 shot of getting a decent room.

I travelled on a Timeshare Exchange. We had a 3BR unit......which was really a 2 BR unit, and a 1BR unit. The two BR unit had one Master BR with a huge jacuzzi tub, and the other BR had two double beds. The 1BR had a Q-sized bed. I realize that the couches open into beds, but I am not sure that the claim of "Sleeps 12" was accurate. But our party of 6 ( 4 adults, 2 children) had plenty of room.

I am surprised by the negative reviews. This place was fine. It has the 4 C's which I look for when vacationing. It was CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, COST EFFECTIVE and CONVENIENT. What more can you ask for ?? To me, it was a good value.

They have 4 pools on location. Two days I visited the pool and I was the ONLY ONE there. Pretty sweet. If you are an adult, that doesn't want to be pestered by kids all day, then DON't go the the pool with the water-slide. I learned that the first day. :)

We had lunch in the Restaurant on the first day.......it was delicious and reasonably priced.

.......and I want to address the Check-In procedures. People have posted that the most negative part of the vacation was "Check In"..........but I did not find that to be the case. Sure, we arrived on a Saturday, which I imagine is their busiest check in / check out day. The process was smooth. There was a line, I was 4th in line. I bet I didn't wait 15 minutes. Every available counter at the Check In desk was staffed and the line was moving quickly. My room was not ready, and they offered to call our cell phone when the room became ready. We headed to the pool and spent the next couple of hours there. They called as promised, and everyone was happy. If you know the rules you shouldn't complain. Check in is 4pm. If your room in NOT ready at 4pm, then you can complain. If it is a Saturday, and you want to Check In, expect a short wait. That is just the way it is. I found the staff to be VERY courteous. VERY. COURTEOUS.

During Check In I was given a paper that I was supposed to turn in for my "free gift"........which I knew was a timeshare pitch. I tried to skip it. But a nice "grandmotherly type" woman was manning the door, and would not let me escape. I went to the desk, collected my gift, and firmly, but politely told the gentleman "No Thank You".....and that was the end of that. There were no calls to my room regarding Timeshares either.

All in all we were very happy. If you are looking for an upscale, ornate hotel destination, than maybe you should look elsewhere. If you are looking for a budget-friendly, clean and conveniently located Resort, then Mystic Dunes should surely fit your needs.

Cindy Fisher
Manchester NH
travelled Oct 19th - 26th. ( PS: the weather was outstanding !! )

Room Tip: Mystic Dunes is in the process of renovating, be sure to ask if a renovated room is an option for yo...
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have just returned from a 14 night stay at this resort and have to say had a great time - the resort condos are all well kitted out and even have washer dryers which I used daily, it certainly saves on the amount of clothes you have to take. The condo was clean and well kept despite being the older style - many of the units have already been upgraded and modernised and I was told we could have one of the newly upgraded which ended up not being the case, but even so I had no complaints about the unit we stayed in. The staff were polite and helpful. The resort has several pools all with adequate number of sunbeds, and pool towels, some of the pools also have a tiki bar with excellent staff always happy to help.(particularly Terri) The resort is extremely well kept and staff are constantly seen keeping the grounds in order. My husband and son used the golf course and their only concern was how long it took to play a round whilst waiting for some very slow players - my husband felt that the high standard of the course was let down by this and suggested that perhaps they could have stewards monitoring the play? apart from that,no issues with the service or the staff, check in was quick despite us arriving at 1.30 am check out was also fairly quick - I could have used the express check out but chose to speak to the check out staff as I had put some drinks on my room account.. We used the food delivery service a couple of times with no complaints on that service either. This is our 3rd stay at this resort and have to say have not had a bad experience during any of our stays. I would recommend car hire if you are staying here as it is approx. 15 miles from Universal and Disney, the resort apparently have a shuttle bus, but my view is that you are tied to certain times, get your own car and travel around a bit its really not as daunting as people think the roads are great

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently stayed at Mystic Dunes for 2 week stay in Orlando, can't fault this resort, rooms were large and clean, although we didn't get the renovated apartment we were advised of, but saying that the apartment was clean throughout, on arrival we looked around the apartment and kids looked under their beds and found a calling card stating "yes we do clean under here " which we found funny but also appreciated as shows the detail and effort the staff went to.
Check in and out was a breeze took only about 5 mins to complete as reception was open 24/7.
Position of resort for all theme parks was perfect only 20 mins on average to all parks.

Golfers, from what I could see the course looked fantastic but unfortunately did not get bthe chance to have a round.

Would certainly recommend this resort as a base for visiting Disney and other parks.

Middleburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We are at the Mystic Dunes Resort while our children attend Minecom and Dr. Who conventions. The apartment is nice and spacious. I especially like having a couples tub in the bedroom. The proximity to the convention center also works well. Definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!