“Overall Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Crestline, Ohio
“Overall Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Since I picked this location after reading reviews on it from tripadvisor I wanted to make sure I added my review also. I booked and paid early on a promo and after reading more reviews I was a little worried. However, I was plesently suprised. Outside of a little check in confussion which ended up in them giving me a room that had already been rented out......ackward!! Actually was a very funny highlight to our trip. Although we had a great time and the room was great for the price paid I only have a few tips. 1) We didn't have transportation which I highly suggest if staying here. The resort was GREAT about their shuttle service and we never had to wait to long however not the most convienent way to vacation, but it's a money saver if you don't want to rent a car for that long. 2) The shuttles to the disney and universal parks were always a little late but once again can't complain to much since we didn't want to pay for a rental car. 3) Pools were very nice and relaxing except for the main pool which was a little over crowded but again expected. 4) My only other complaint was check out was so slow! Like horribly slow! Each guest had a LONG conversation with the desk which took forever. Use the fast check out option if you can.

For the price it was a great place to stay. Looks smaller and more walkable on paper so don't let it fool you. Plus like the reviews say could use a little upgrade in the TV dept. but who watches TV on vacation anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a building that is close to a pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
palm harbor, Florida, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

From first appearance...WOW. Large room (or rooms). The place was huge. Two full bedrooms, full kitchen, and living room. Hot tub also. Everything initially looks great. Then you use the amenities and realize the issues. Bathroom doors don't close, toilets barely flush, TV's are poor quality and barely viewable, shower door ready to fall off, and don't leave any food out because the ants come in herds(we learned that the hard way). We did not use the stove, but other guests were complaining about it not working. We gave away the free miniature golf tickets as the course was very poor (ripped carpet, green algae water, trash everywhere) Also, they will try to sell you on the timeshare portion, which we avoided since we knew it was coming. Truly a SAD CASE. The floor plan was really nice, but unfortunately it's populated with crap. I would not recommend nor will I be back even with the groupon. Too many nice hotels in the area for better prices. I heard the place has been bought out so hopefully they can fix the issues (and there are many). Interior replacements will be easy (doors, TV's, appliances). If the plumbing and electrical work is shotty then good luck.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our time at this resort. The room was beautifully decorated and very spacious. It made you feel at ease and able to relax. We especially enjoyed it as, this resort caters to a lot of couples and retirees, thus so much more tranquil surroundings particularly in Jan., and Feb. The pools make for a very laid back breakfast setting. The grounds are teeming with lush plants and plenty of wildlife. Also the golf course, well manicured, and well tended. A definite hide-a-way or romantic get-a-way!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper levels for a more quieter setting. Also a room with a king bed and larg...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really think is a great place to stay with a family. It is very close to the parks and have everything you need to feel just like home. Best that all is not expensive. I definitevely recomen it. Rooms and kitchen are huge.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel, the room was nice and of course the jacuzzi tub was a nice touch. The decor was a little outdated though and could have used some some updating. The pool near our unit was very nice and there were plenty of towels and chairs. We didn't visit the pool with the slide as it was too crowded. Did try out the mini golf, not much to it at all, but it was an entertaining time for our 6 year old. Hotel property is huge, but that didn't bother us. My biggest complaint is we stayed for two nights and received NO housekeeping. That was a little disappointing especially coming back after a long day at Universal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago Land Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I didn't get a chance to stay in the condos, so I cant comment on the living quarters. However the golf course was 2nd to none I've played in the are so far. I loved it!!! Normally, I do not like to see workers grooming and planting flowers on a course in the middle of the day, however it gave me a feeling that they are keeping this course well groomed during the duration of the day. The touch screen GPS equipped on each cart was also a nice feature. The clubhouse was well laid out and spacious....not to mention pleasant to look at. For the price I paid on Golf 18, I it was almost to good to be true. There is not value in the land of Mickey Mouse. I was very pleased at the course amenities and I will return to stay on the grounds next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here and after reading the reviews I was totally surprised that anybody had a complaint it was clean the room was relaxing and beautiful the scenery by pool great I loved it and will be back next year thanks for an amazing stay guys

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!