“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Northcentral, Ohio
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked out spring break trip through Universal Studios and this Resort came up as a choice for a package. After reading some of the reviews, we were a little nervous but ended up being pleasantly surprised. We arrived for check in late (9pm) and had called earlier in the week to see if we could upgrade to a 2 bedroom unit from the one bedroom unit we got through the package. I was told that due to it being springbreak, they were at high capacity and that we would need to check either with Universal or perhaps when we checked in to see availability. When we did check in and I told them that we had tried to upgrade, they put us in a two bedroom unit at no extra charge. The Unit was very big and clean. The location was easy to get to with grocery stores and restaurants close by. The grounds and pools were beautiful and for our purposes of going to the parks for a few days , golfing, and relaxing, this place was perfect. We had no complaints other than we were not told to strip the beds but I was aware of earlier complaints of loosing part of the deposits because renters did not do it so I called housekeeping before we checked out and were given instructions. Not a big deal but they should have something written in the paperwork when you check in.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 14 nights over the Easter half term. I had read some negative reviews before I travelled here and I can agree and disagree with many of them. We were in a 2 bed accommodation. It had a massive master bedroom with open plan bath and his and hers sinks. The 2nd bedroom had 2 large queen sized bands and a bathroom just next door. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you could need. There was also a huge fridge/freezer and easy to use washer and dryer. This was a godsend for us, as a family of 5, taking home dirty washing was a nightmare, I washed and dried everything before we left so was only ironing to do when I got home. Also provided was an iron and ironing board, hair dryer and toiletries to start you off, there was even washing powder, clothes, washing up liquid etc.

As we were in the accommodation more than 10 nights, a free housekeeping service was included, they changed all the beds, linen and did a full clean of the accommodation, they even did our washing up!

The resort is very large and had 3 pools with towels included. They were no more than 4ft ish deep so you feel that the kids are safe as its not too deep.

The location itself is perfect. 5-10 mins drive to all of the disney parks, 1/2 an hour from sea world, universal and international drive and about an hour from Busch gardens. There are extensive restaurants and takeaway outlets down the road as well as some great discounted gift shops. Wal mart and publix supermarkets and Walgreens pharmacies were also close by.

I really cannot say anything anything would put us off staying here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dundee, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just returned from Orland spent 7 days here at Mystic dunes. Stayed in bldg 31. Accomodations are accurate. We had 2 bedroom 2 full bath with standing shower and jacuzzi tub in the king/master suite. TV's are outdated, but large. The only carpeting in the place is in the bedroom areas. I like this, because in this area, carpets can get dingy very quickly from the humidity. There was a pool at our bldg, though the better pool was about 1/4mi away. That is the one with the waterfall/waterslide, poolbar, etc.
We had no problem with bugs, but we were also on the 5th floor. Showers are in need of some updated showerheads, but overall was clean and very spacious. I wish there was more furniture, as there is a large open space that is unused in the main area. This location is about 10 min from Disney and about 20 from Universal.
Internet is included, though despite 4 phone calls and at least 2 hours of the trip on hold with the IT dept at the resort, I was unable to access the net. They have wireless but this is not for use by guests in their rooms. they have wired ethernet hookups in each room with an ethernet cable...hopefully yours will work.

All in all, my family enjoyed the resort and we would definitely return there in the future.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at Mystic Dunes for 6 days during April 2013. Plenty of room for 4 adults. The kitchen was well equipped. The room was clean but had an "odour" that you only notice immediately when you open the door. I can't believe there was high speed internet in the room and only wifi in the guest check in. I was told it was available by the pool also but I didn't try it out as the pools were often very crowded. Gated community gives a very safe feeling. Incredibly close Disney - maybe 5 - 10 minutes driving.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Henderson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked a week at this resort as a getaway week through my timeshare exchange (Interval).I read the reviews posted here and had some concerns about the negatives in the last two months, but saw the suggestions about what rooms to ask for, so I was well prepared. I got a 2 bedroom non lockoff right across from the pool with the bar and restaurant. I could not ask for more. When I checked in, the gentleman that gave me my room was extremely courteous, knowledgeable about the property and my requests and made sure I got everything I asked for! (I was polite and courteous when he greeted me and I was sure that helped!) I jokingly asked if I had come to the counter grouchy and complaining from the start, would he be telling me that; 1) my room is not ready, 2) please sit and wait over there at the tables and chairs while he checks with housekeeping, 3) not be able to fulfill any of my requests and 4) ensure that I waited 15-30 minutes while he gave rooms to everyone else that he served at the counter. His answer was, " you must have worked here before".

Yes, the room had old tvs...and old leather couch, but everything else looked and worked like new. Everything including the 2 above items was clean and in perfect operating order. The room is spacious, has 2 full baths, 2 full size beds in the 2nd bedroom and a king size in the master suite with a large Jacuzzi tub! The sofa is a queen size pullout bed, so this suite sleeps 8 comfortably and 6 are fully private! This is the room I anticipated getting when I checked in, and the screened in patio does NOT face the golf course, so it is really semi-private and quiet.

I only checked in yesterday, so I will be writing an addendum to this review after we checkout, but I can see already that everything will be perfect and this vacation will be one of the best we've ever had! Thank you, Mystic Dunes, for completely living up to my expectations and more!!!

Room Tip: Please read the above and this room was in the first floor of building 29!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We recently stayed at this resort for a six day, five night vacation with three adults and two children in a two bedroom unit in building 15. Unit was clean and spacious, only flat screen tv was in the living room, the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable, full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit. The grounds are beautiful, pools were great and easy to get to, many on property activities (rental fees apply). Staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The resort is within five minutes to various restaurants and shops and no more than a 20 minute drive to all the major attractions. No big pressure to attend the time share presentation which we did as I was curious as to how much it cost, way more than I would have imagined, Overall, an enjoyable stay.

Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited Mystic Dunes for 11 days. 4 Adults and 2 Children. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe Villa. I was really concerned after reading some of the reviews but they were quickly washed away upon entering. Yes, it was a little outdated but CLEAN. Really thats all that mattered to me was clean and safe. We visited over Easter and it didn't seem to crowded and the Grounds are beautiful. Our room was stocked with everything that we needed. Washer and Dryer was a huge plus. Our room overlooked the Golf course and right by the main pool with waterslide. Building 23. There was lots of activities daily and my kiddies loved the movie night. I will return here in the future and would recommend. Also we were never bothered about a time share and were a quick drive to all Disney Parks and resturant these were huge Bonuses for US!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!