“Week day stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Celebration
Hollywood, Florida
“Week day stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Beautiful vacation rental, with all the amenities you could want. Suite was very clean and the beds were excellent. Our room had a jacuzzi and the grand kids loved it. Maid service was available at additional cost. A phone call is required to get new towels, which they did deliver in 20 minutes. Upon departure we had to strip the linens from the beds and place in the bathtub. Cleanup was our responsibility, which was not a big deal, we enjoyed the stay and would go again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, beautiful 2 bedroom suite, very comfortable and quiet, together clean towe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1,681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice property and well kept. Our building #12 needed to be updated.
Nice pool and nice golf course. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Especially Kelly at the front desk. She was great. Not so for all the check-in
people. Check-in was terrible! They were not well staffed and we waited 2 1/2
hours for our room. Location is probably 15 miles from Disney. Not really that close.
Very good restaurant on property--Kenzies.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a balcony make sure you ask for one when making reservations. Photos show...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
INDIANOLA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

very nice place to stay very frienly people always asking if need anything if there can help three bedroom condo very nice lots of room quiet close to all shopping center and disney parks
had very nice swimming pools and golf carts avaible to take to meet with shuttles going to disney parks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thornhill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband's friend offered us a week of his time share, this is how we ended up at Mystic Dunes from March 23-30, 2013. My family and I have been talking about visiting Disney for quite a while now so we figured we'd take advantage of this generous offer. In terms of the condo, I knew what I wanted, especially after reading all of the reviews on TA.(Thanks everybody!) My girls (7,9) wanted to be near the lagoon pool, I wanted top floor for quiet and a renovated suite. We checked in around 11:00 and our condo was ready for us. The girl at the check-in was less than friendly and handed over our keys before I even had a chance to request anything. I was hoping to upgrade to a 2 bedroom but they were completely overbooked so a 1 bedroom would have to do. I asked for a renovated unit and she told me none of the units have been renovated yet which I found strange because everybody on TA wrote about the renovated rooms. We took the keys and went to check out the condo. It was near a smaller pool which was nice and on a top floor so that made me happy. When I opened the door, I was totally disgusted! The appliances in the kitchen that were suppossed to be white, yellowed over time and the whole place just very dated. I knew that I wouldn't be happy here for a week. After going out for lunch, we returned to the main desk
and made sure to speak to someone else. I ended up talking to the manager and she offered us another condo, this one "refurbished". I asked her why was I told that no units have been renovated yet and she told me that the staff have to say that because Diamond (who recently took over) hasn't started renovating units. The "refurbished units" were fixed up about 2 years ago by the previous owner of the property. That was good enough for me! The unit we enede up in was a 1 bedroom in building 16 with a modern kitchen, beautiful appliances, newer bathroom and comfy beds. I really wanted a 2 bedroom however the space was quite large and we were very comfortable.
Overall we were very happy at Mystic Dunes. The property is huge and well maintained. My kids loved the heated pool and the proximity to the parks is incredible; under 10 minutes when you take Sherberth Rd. The 192 is kind of a cheesy strip with many fast food restaurants and gift shops however the Super Target and the Publix were great. We came for the parks and the parks were amazing! My girls had the time of their lives, despite record low temperatures. We are looking forward to returning to the Disney area in the near future and yes, I would consider staying at Mystic Dunes again!

Room Tip: Demand a renovated suite!
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This resort is in an excellent location if going to Disney World. Only a few minutes to Target and many restaurants.

Condo was very clean, kitchen has everything you need to cook meals. Beds are very comfy, glat screen TV in the living room and grounds are beautiful. Will definitely stay here again. Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Village 3 years ago and Mystic Dunes is just as good and 1/2 the price

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

While I certainly wouldn't waste my money on a time share here, rentals of time share units are worth every penny! We rented a one bedroom villa through Priceline for $106 a night during Spring Break when most properties are over priced. The rooms were a bit dated, or tired, which may be the reason they can be had through Priceline cheap. I suspect the higher end "new" stuff is held for the time share pitch stays and/or owners. In either case, the condo/rooms were laid out linearly. Bedroom had a two-seater whirlpool tub and the beds were pretty comfortable which I find to be a rarity for a hotel/resort, as I normally walk away with a sore back. The kitchen was nothing special, but good size and the serving area is a breakfast bar with some pretty uncomfortable seating. The living area is good size, but sorely lacks a chair to go along with the couch/pull-out sleeper. We made use of the pull-out for the kids, which left no seating in the living area. A place this size needs a chair. While I understand the need to use mostly tile, I think they should consider carpeting the living area. The only thing carpeted is the bedroom. The TV's are 8-10 year old "box" TV's, which is bit cheezy for a nice resort like this. The room was mostly clean, just in need of paint and caulk touch up. When we first arrived at about 9:00 pm, there was garbage, towels, and toilet paper strewn all over the entrance balconies, and this was outside of of several rooms, not just one. Additional towels and toilet paper are delivered to your room in plastic bags, and visitors are told to place garbage outside their room before 10 am. I think the problem is you end up with bags thrown out on the balcony entry ways the night before and then a few trouble makers "spread the charm". The property and landscape was beautiful, and well taken care of. They had pool games and scuba lessons pool side, which was very cool. The pool bar was run by one person, which became difficult on busier days, and they might want to consider adding a person that could serve drinks poolside as I am sure they could raise the take on drinks. All-in-all, we were pleased and would definitely stay again for the money. At $106 a night, it was an EXCEPTIONAL VALUE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently. The property is very pretty, a step up from average but not what I would call "luxury". The unit we stayed in was roomy, and clean. The furnishings were fine. The beds were comfortable. The unit we stayed in a a little bit of a weird smell - not terrible but a little odd. The pools were nice and it was about 25 minutes from Universal Studios, which we visited. The ONLY negative was the bar tender at the larger pool bar was not pleasant. Everything else was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!