“Still waiting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Still waiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Although the acomodations were very good the experience on buying a time share were very poor. I had a interest in buying a time share and we were very close on price. I was told I would receive a coupon for a free 3 night stay to visit. At the end of the presentation I was told they ran out of certificates and they would mail me one, I still haven't received it as of yet. I also had a problem checking it, they couldn't find my reservation and it took a long time to check in.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get a Villa
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Easy access to Epcot as well as I-4 and 129 (major highways for other Orlando destinations). Size of rooms and bathrooms perfect for big groups. Kitchen and dining areas are nice and help save money by eating in. Great pool areas for families, especially those with young children. Enjoyed the stay and would go back again.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed stayed for 2 weeks and used it as a base.Perhaps we were lucky with our accommodation, the decor/ furnishings and fittings were fine and seemed brand new.. Excellent quality towels and bedding and very comfortable bed, enjoyed the whirlpool bath once we got used to it being in the bedroom. The separate bathroom had all we needed. Our apartment overlooked the 17 green and was close to the swimming pool. We didn't hear any noise from other people once inside. Temperature was easy to control - nice quiet fans. Kitchen had all we needed although we didn't cook much. No housekeeping during our time but as there was linen and towels for the extra bed we were able to change these half way through. We chose the one bedroom villa which is actually an apartment. Perhaps if we were staying later in the year it may have been worth upgrading to the delux apartment and having some outside space but we were so busy we didn't miss it. Good to have washer and dryer plus iron and ironing board when you are staying for a longer period.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor 23 block right in the corner which was fine. Good internet access
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Extra big apartments with all the amenities. Good for big families and also for golfers. Included washer & dryer, full size stove and refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave. Outdated decoration but at least the apt. Is bigger than any regular hotel room. Most drive to restaurants, but there are many restaurants and stores on that area. Down size, main road is very traffic so if you don't like traffic stock up with groceries and cook your own. Is close to Walt Disney parks.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights. Called hotel Tuesday before arriving Friday and asked for crib in room for my baby, when we arrived Friday again I asked at check in for crib an high chair and then when we finally got our room there was no crib or high chair asked for it again and had to wait for two hrs. The bathroom needed more cleaning. The high chair strap was broken, the travel crib they supplied was also broken. I left my camera charger and when I called I was transferred to lost and found but not to a person a machine! Lets see if I ever hear back. I'm not sure if I would recommend the hotel for anyone interested in time shares either.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My friends and I purchased a groupon to stay at this resort for a week in a 2 bdrm villa. It was an excellent price and we were thrilled to introduce our 5 year old daughters to the world of theme parks!

If Mystic's goal was to get new customers that would be happy and spread the word about their resort, they failed miserably. Our condo was very outdated (think 80's tuscan style). Fixtures didn't work, TVs very old, appliances outdated and weak, half the stove didn't work, ice machine didn't work, and they had to replace the faucet while were staying there because it was leaking so bad. In addition to all of that, our tickets to Universal were shipped to the hotel and we were never notified. Epic Fail!!

On a few positive notes - the pool that we stayed near was pretty cool - big waterfall and water slide. The unit was also very clean (we checked for bed bugs too!) and in the end they comped a meal to us because of all the troubles we had with the unit. This only amounted to about $50, but was a meager effort.

Summary: I wouldn't recommend despite the close proximity to the theme parks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MysticGM, General Manager at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your compliments as well as the areas you described that require improvement. As one of the newest resorts added to the Diamond International portfolio, we are working very hard to deliver a positive experience to our members and guests. We have been aggressively renovating this beautiful faciliuty and I think you will see continued improvements on each visit. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Victor McElroy, General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

All the negative reviews are right this place was a nightmare. First of all i booked on price line big mistake asked for a hotel instead got this crappy resort! The staff here is rude the rooms are outdated cleanliness sucks. We called ahead of time to see if there were any fees or security deposits. They said no everything was included in the price we paid. When we got here we were told there is a security deposit well we didn't budget for that. We were staying for 3 nights. I asked can i come in the next morning and pay the deposit. They said no we don't know if you will damage our room tonight or not. I told them u would not have the money till the next morning they said well that's when you can check in even though the room is already paid in full!! I recommend no one stay here the other negative comments on here are all true!

• Stayed February 2013
I am disappointed that you left the resort with such a negative experience. All of our confirmations are designed to clearly outline all check-in policies. Our $100.00 Security depsoit is similar to most in the industry. If your travels return you to central Florida, please feel free to contact me directly and we will do everything possible to assure your comfort.
Victor McElroy, General Manager, victor.mcelroy@diamondresorts.com

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!