“Outdated, broken, bad service... but clean!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 35%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Seattle, Washington
“Outdated, broken, bad service... but clean!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My friends and I purchased a groupon to stay at this resort for a week in a 2 bdrm villa. It was an excellent price and we were thrilled to introduce our 5 year old daughters to the world of theme parks!

If Mystic's goal was to get new customers that would be happy and spread the word about their resort, they failed miserably. Our condo was very outdated (think 80's tuscan style). Fixtures didn't work, TVs very old, appliances outdated and weak, half the stove didn't work, ice machine didn't work, and they had to replace the faucet while were staying there because it was leaking so bad. In addition to all of that, our tickets to Universal were shipped to the hotel and we were never notified. Epic Fail!!

On a few positive notes - the pool that we stayed near was pretty cool - big waterfall and water slide. The unit was also very clean (we checked for bed bugs too!) and in the end they comped a meal to us because of all the troubles we had with the unit. This only amounted to about $50, but was a meager effort.

Summary: I wouldn't recommend despite the close proximity to the theme parks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MysticGM, General Manager at Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your compliments as well as the areas you described that require improvement. As one of the newest resorts added to the Diamond International portfolio, we are working very hard to deliver a positive experience to our members and guests. We have been aggressively renovating this beautiful faciliuty and I think you will see continued improvements on each visit. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Victor McElroy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

All the negative reviews are right this place was a nightmare. First of all i booked on price line big mistake asked for a hotel instead got this crappy resort! The staff here is rude the rooms are outdated cleanliness sucks. We called ahead of time to see if there were any fees or security deposits. They said no everything was included in the price we paid. When we got here we were told there is a security deposit well we didn't budget for that. We were staying for 3 nights. I asked can i come in the next morning and pay the deposit. They said no we don't know if you will damage our room tonight or not. I told them u would not have the money till the next morning they said well that's when you can check in even though the room is already paid in full!! I recommend no one stay here the other negative comments on here are all true!

• Stayed February 2013
I am disappointed that you left the resort with such a negative experience. All of our confirmations are designed to clearly outline all check-in policies. Our $100.00 Security depsoit is similar to most in the industry. If your travels return you to central Florida, please feel free to contact me directly and we will do everything possible to assure your comfort.
Victor McElroy, General Manager, victor.mcelroy@diamondresorts.com
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked what I thought was a great priced hotel. Was like wow how am I getting what appears to be such a nice place for inky $69.00 a night. Well..... its a timeshare. They tried to tell me I had to do their tour.I booked this on hotels.com I did not sign up to get a tour or Anything free. I be damn if you gonna tell me I have to waste my time on a tour and sales pitch. I just told lady I was single and sure i didn't make enough to be considered. She asked did I not at least make $50k a year and I said nope. So that was how I got out of it.

As a timeshare property it is lovely. Bug as a hotel it is mediocre. Pools are amazing but yiu have to basically drive to them....you just dont take elevator to lobby level.....you don't have other amenities of a hotel either. No lobby with a small store....no soda machines on you floor or maybe a snack machine. Plus room service didn't deliver breakfast.

Also check out is 10am!! I like noon check outs....even when a hotel has an 11 am check out I ask to stay in room til noon. They say if you want to stay past 10am its a $100 an hour!!!! Wtf??

Oh and TVs....what hotels still have huge box televisions? I haven't seen such h old TVs in a hotel in years!

Just overall was not impressed. Would have much rather stayed in a real hotel. I should have read reviews in mire detail. I just saw 4 star hotel with a high guest review rating as well so j didn't actually read reviews like I normally do.

Disappointment.

Midland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The property is beautiful with shrubery, flowers, and fountains. It is huge covering over 600 acres with 23 condo buildings. There are no restaurants (except theirs) or shopping nearby so you need a car. Our 1 bedroom standard condo #28-402 had a bedroom with a queen bed, a living room, bathroom and an equipped kitchen but no balcony. There is no Wi-fi in the rooms. You can hook to the internet with a cable in the kitchen. You have to strip the beds and put all of the linens and towels in the tub and wash the dishes before you leave. The previous two times we stayed here we had a balcony so we were disappointed we didn't this time. When we called to ask for a condo with a balcony they told us they were 100% booked and we could check back every day to check availability. After calling four times and talking with four different people I got frustrated and gave up which I'm sure they were counting on. We've stayed in hundreds of hotels and condos all over the world and have never experienced front desk agents having such a hard time answering questions on room type availability. Either their computer system is archaic or their people are trained to make it difficult for clients to get upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a room for two nights and were completely overwhelmed by the size of this resort. And our room was more an appartment than a room: it had two sleeping rooms, one great living room, two bathrooms and a nice kitchen. For the price we paid it was a really great deal.
What I didnt like: I have some allergies and the bed made problems as I was waking up coughing and sneezing both mornings. We booked our stay there because we thought this to be next to Legoland; but it is a 40 minute drive there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over President's Day weekend. There was a long line to check-in. We had a first floor 2 bedroom in building 27 It smelled awful when we arrived. The TV was a projection type with a horrible picture. There is no Wi-fi in the room. You can hook to the internet for $9.95/per day with a cable. The decor is mid-90s at best, and the carpet was filthy. You have to strip the beds and put all of the linens and towels in the tub before you leave. There parking policy is awful. We came back from Disney late one evening to find no parking spots anywhere near our building. My husband said the guy beside us checking in got one room and four parking passes. Security is a joke. There was a guard at the gate, but we had a visitor one evening; they told the guard they were visiting - they got no information whatsoever and let them drive right in. I would never stay here again - especially for the price.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

They had a sales crew in universal studios bringing people to the hotel. We dealt with Tony. He lied his butt off to get us there, saying they treat us really good, the $20 deposit is because they'll be cooking us breakfast and they don't want all the food to go to waste. When we got there it was gas station snack bars and the coffee had run out

We said we wanted to leave and get our deposit and got a lot of flack for it until some concerned lady, presumably a manager, took notes for coaching. They told us to wait in the lobby for a cab that took 30min to get there

Brutal. Didn't stay there, but they conduct business in a very sleazy way. Avoid

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!