“I'd stay here again, Groupon or not. Couldn't be closer to Animal Kingdom.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

You added Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club to your Saves list
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7900 Mystic Dunes Lane, Celebration, FL 34747   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
“I'd stay here again, Groupon or not. Couldn't be closer to Animal Kingdom.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

With many choices in the Disney area, I was confused. But after receiving a Groupon for Mystic Dunes, I booked us a four night stay. A bit nervous about timeshare units, I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The grounds are perfect, our unit, although not a 5 star facility, is spacious, well stocked with everything you need, the Lagoon pool is beautiful and well heated and the restaurant is pretty darn good.

All the staff has been professional and very helpful. One thing I would suggest, the local grocery stores are greatly lacking so when booking, check out the grocery option of basics that the resort offers. I wish I had purchased it and made my life just a bit easier. The onsite store is another option and very convenient.

As a timeshare, of course we were asked to do the tour but when I declined there was no change in the positive, courteous attitude.

We will be back, Groupon or not. And maybe next time if we have more time, I'll even tour.

Room Tip: Get a unit near the Lagoon pool. Wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Queensbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We are Diamond Resorts owners and this was our first time staying at Mystic Dunes. We stayed in Building 22 and the room was great. Diamond has just begun the process of renovating this resort as they just acquired it last year from Tempus Resorts after they (Tempus) filed for bankruptcy. This all takes time and doesn't happen overnight.

I will say one thing though. I think that this property should follow suit like some other Diamond properties and go to a NO SMOKING policy! The one thing that really bothers me is to be relaxing poolside and having to smell cigarette smoke! Diamond, at the very least, can you designate smoking away from the pool areas, like outside of the fenced-in area? We also enjoy eating on the screened-in patio but once again were chased inside by other people smoking on their patio/balconies. Again, when will Diamond change this policy? Honestly, my only complaint is about smoking on the property. The health of the majority should be of upmost importance to Diamond.

By the way, Diamond has the most comfortable beds and pillows on this earth!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family and I stayed at this resort for a reasonable price as a trial to their vacation ownership offer. The a/c apartment we stayed in had 2 spacious bedrooms and baths with a fully equipped kitchen, a dining room for six and large living room outfitted with a large entertainment unit and comfortable leather couches. In addition to the stylish decor, there was a large screened-in balcony overlooking the resort. There were many pools, snack bars, a fine restaurant/bar and planned activities if so desired and the administration of of the resort seemed to be well in hand. My kids and grandkids had a fabulous time as did I. The resort was close to all attractions and shopping, including Disneyworld, yet far enough away from the bustle to enjoy some downtime. My only complaint was the hard sell to buy into the property wherein they really turned the screws. When I turned down the offer they were quite hostile instead of professional.

Room Tip: Apartments away from the pools or higher up are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here through a timeshare week. The room (a 2 bedroom) is sterile and plain. Lobby is sub-par and really sets a poor tone. TV is an old, large projection that has a constant vertical line running. Bathroom shower drain is disgusting.
Not a roach motel, but by no means is it a gold star, gold palm or above a 3 star facility.
I will not be staying here again, and I will think hard about any other Diamond resort.

• Stayed January 2013
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mystic Dunes is my home resort and I have been hoping for much needed capital improvements to the resort. Diamond International made a firm commitment to bring the resort back to 5 stars and they are well on their way to do just that. My unit in building 22 was about 50% renovated with new beds (very comfortable), kitchen appliances, new towels and new tv in living room. Granite counter tops and new living room furniture will take it back to 5 stars indeed.

Due to our schedule I did not have time to use the tennis court or fitness room. There is also a RedBox to rent movies located in the check-in building. This is the first December that I can remember it being so cold but that didn't stop folks from using the logoon pool which I guess the heater was definitely working.

The staff showed improvements as well. Everyone we came in contact with was pleasant and helpful.

The resort was full due to the various tournaments going on at ESPN Sports Complex which is why we were there as well. Although the soccer players had to be booted off the golf course from using it to practice, the staff appeared to handle that well.

Room Tip: Unit 22304 is a good unit.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

First off your GPS will take you to the back of the property which is locked. Near by is a sign with directions that includes four turns to get to the front of the property. When I asked about it I was told that that is indeed the correct address for security reasons they don't give out the address to the front entrance! Then you check in and look for the building you are housed in. The numbers on the building cannot be seen at night and I actually am still not sure how we knew which building to enter. Then you enter into the smell. We had two one bedrooms each with their own unique smell. Beds were good but everything was very dated. Then I tried to read the directions. the book said one thing about checking out and the paper insert said something else and when we called we got even different information about dish washing and such - all with a clear statement that our $250 deposit would be held if we did not follow the rules. We were told to strip our beds of all linens and place them and all towels in the bathtub! My granddaughter said she felt like Annie not on vacation! so hard to find,smelly and bad rules!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and i stayed her for 2 weeks over the Christmas period, I have been visiting Orlando myself for 22 years and never have I stayed in such shocking accommodation with terrible staff and customer service. It all began when we arrived, we where given a 1 bedroom apartment on the ground floor, as we went in it smelt of damp and mold and was filthy, certainly not what we paid for. We then told reception and they gave us a room on the first floor of a different building, at first glance it seemed better than what we had seen before, it only took a few hours before we realized the jets on the bath where broken, the safe was broken and the dryer didn't work. After various calls to the front desk, they sent someone over to 'fix' it, as they where 'fixing' it, they left all there rubbish streamed over the kitchen and the fuse box open. The dryer broke 6 times within 7 days, they couldn't fix the safe and the jets on the bath had dirt coming out of them. Enough was enough, after a lot of persuading I was able to move for the THIRD time in 7 days, it was a 2 bedroom apartment on the third floor, this is what we paid for, a fully working kitchen, 2 bedrooms, dining table, flat screen tv and large bathroom. A day before we where due to leave, we had various phonecalls and people knocking on the door because we were apparently meant to leaving that day, I then had to prove to the front desk I had booked another night for them to re-charge my key card. 30 minutes of precious holiday time I will never get back. The last day we were granted a later check out because we had a late flight, that didn't stop over 10 phone calls and 5 knocks on the door basically telling us to get out. The customer service here is absolutely disgusting and I will never stay here again. Stick to what you know and don't have a bad experience of accommodation having a negative on your holiday you have spent so much time saving for, just like we did. Our holiday was great but I would be lying if I didn't say that Mystic Dunes had a negative effect on our holiday, my partner and I are still very upset and will be taking this a lot higher.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!