Me and my partner stayed here from the 16th August until the 1st of September. Upon arrival we were very impressed with the security gates letting the cars in back and forth, it made us feel a lot safer knowing we could come back to our room late and not have any worry about anything bad happening, also seeing the patrol cars round often was very good too. Checking in was very easy and the guys at reception were very friendly and very helpful. Our room was an apartment located on Seven Eagles and was very spacious, had a very nice kitchen with all utensils tidied away in the drawers, big bathroom, big bedroom and living room, more than enough space for the two of us. The balcony view overlooking the golf course was very nice, even though we do not play golf it was still an awesome view with the course looking very well kept.
After a week of staying everything was going fine apart from the weather, on one night my partner discovered a cockroach on the kitchen floor early morning and we were not quick enough too catch it. Upon seeing it I later called reception and told them about it which they informed me that it was not a cockroach, but it clearly was, we left our clean me sign on thinking once the room is clean it would be fine. The next day in the morning I discovered another cockroach on the bathroom floor, lucky enough I managed too trap it under a glass. I rang reception again telling them it was not acceptable too find two in two days, they said that pest control was not available until Monday. We started too notice that our room was not being cleaned up to standard, the bath was not cleaned in at least two days as you could clearly see dust and dirt inside the bath, the kitchen counters where the coffee machine was had sugar granules over the counter and me and my partner do not drink tea or coffee so we were suspicious of that, our bedroom floor had also not been hoovered as you could see the dirt on the floor. We felt this was unacceptable for a hotel of this standard so we went and saw the manager and he agreed with us and offered too change our rooms or too make sure we had a full service after pest control came in.
We decided too stay put as we had already got used too where we were and explained that the cockroaches wont be here if the place was clean which it was not. Come Monday we waited in our room too wait for pest control but never saw them come so we decided by 1pm too go out too Disney and leave our clean me sign out so we could come back too a clean room, When we came back in the evening our room still had not been cleaned so we asked too see a supervisor and one came over and we showed him the areas that had been missed and he agreed that this was below their standards. As a good will gesture we were given a bottle of wine and a note apologizing for the inconvenience which was very nice of them too do that, but we just wanted our room clean. A couple days later my partner found another baby cockroach on the bathroom counter by her toothbrush, this was the third cockroach we had found in our room, it was disappointing after we were promised a full service and pest control. Our room was fully cleaned up to scratch a day later and was cleaned to a high standard for the remaining few days we were there. On one occasion housekeeping came round and were extremely rude too my partner, one spoke Spanish too her which she doesn't understand and when my partner said we were going too be an hour, she sighed and looked angry that we were still in the room, my partner explained too the manager that housekeeping works around the customer not the other way around and that was not the case in this instance.
Overall the place is located very close too the attractions, it is very quiet and peaceful and a nice place too come back too after visiting the parks, the people on the whole were friendly just the cleaning in our visit let them down otherwise I would of reviewed better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, conveniently located at Exit 58 off Interstate 4, is just 6 miles from Walt Disney World. For vacationers seeking more than a 400 square foot hotel room, Reunion offers spacious one- two- and three-bedroom villas as well as multi-bedroom vacation homes, most situated directly on the golf course. All accommodations have a complete kitchen and expansive living area. Reunion serves up an unparalleled golf experience, complete with 36 holes of signature golf designed by Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer. In addition to golf, Reunion offers a unique blend of amenities. Whether riding horses on our more than 20 miles of trails, splashing in our multi-acre, multi-pool water park, or enjoying bicycle or Seagway rentals. A Jack Nicklaus designed golf course will open in 2006, followed by our tennis pavilion. The children's recreation program gives parents an opportunity to enjoy a leisurely dinner at the clubhouse or nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reunion Resort And Club Wyndham Grand Resort
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Hotel Celebration