We stayed at the Reunion for 6 days in late Aug-early Sept. We had a 3/3 condo in the Villas South. The condo was spacious and had tons of room for 4 of us (2 adults & 2 younger children). We loved being on the ground floor and in a corner unit. The property was super quiet because schools were back in session.
1.) Far enough away from the Disney/Universal traffic but close enough that it was a 10-15 minute trip without traffic.
2.) The facilities were beautiful. All of the pools were beautiful. I read some complaints about the waterpark looking old,etc. but it really is a lot of fun and in good condition. It is hard to keep all of those slides and tubes looking brand new. The lazy river is AWESOME! Golf courses are ridiculously nice and not overused.
3.) Any employees we met were very nice and accomodating.
4.) Playground in Villas South was close and great to have nearby. Great shape too!
5.) Condos are roomy, well appointed and for us work so much better than having 4 people in a small hotel room with no separation. It was nice being able to make breakfast/dinner,etc. cost effective too.
6.) Nice updated bathrooms and kitchen with granite,etc.
7.) Publix is right up the street and if you have a car is really convenient for groceries, liquor,etc.
8.) The lobby area of the main building is beautiful. We were barely there but the sushi lounge looked great and the decor was beautiful.
The less than great...
We really enjoyed our experience there were just a few things that stood out as reasons why this isn't a 5 star resort.
1.) Our washer and dryer were barely working. The dryer's timer didn't work which we didn't know and was on the entire day only to not dry our clothes. They were hot but not dry. We had someone from operations come check it out but didn't really have a solid answer. Explained they are used heavily and to sort of shake them around a bit and try different things. Eh...had to bring a bag of wet clothes home on the plane which was a little inconvenient.
2.)These condos understandably get a ton of wear and tear. The dishwasher was falling apart you really needed to do some shaking and slamming to get it to work. Stove and frig were new and great!
3) There were teeny tiny ants in the bathrooms and kitchen. So tiny but never pleasant to see them running through clean dishes or on your toiletries,etc. Don't leave food out or things without caps on it or you will have some unwelcomed visitors for sure.
4.) Housekeeping didn't come 4 of 6 days at until after 5 or not at all. One day I had to call around 6 and at that point just asked for some additional towels. There were so few people there I thought it would have been great to have the condo spruced up while we were out for 9 hours during the day.
5.) Ridiculous to complain about but the room keys can't be next to credit cards or cell phones or it deactivates the room key. This isn't a big deal if you are staying in the tower where the registration/front desk is located but anywhere else is a hike to the main building. We had to get in the car and drive back up a few times to get new keys. Maybe ask for 4 keys and keep to in a drawer as back-up. Sounds trivial but when you have to exhausted kids and it is pouring rain and you have run back to the car and get a new key it just a pain.
I would definitely go back and spend another week at the Wyndham our complaints were small and the space, price and amentities are really great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, conveniently located at Exit 58 off Interstate 4, is just 6 miles from Walt Disney World. For vacationers seeking more than a 400 square foot hotel room, Reunion offers spacious one- two- and three-bedroom villas as well as multi-bedroom vacation homes, most situated directly on the golf course. All accommodations have a complete kitchen and expansive living area. Reunion serves up an unparalleled golf experience, complete with 36 holes of signature golf designed by Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer. In addition to golf, Reunion offers a unique blend of amenities. Whether riding horses on our more than 20 miles of trails, splashing in our multi-acre, multi-pool water park, or enjoying bicycle or Seagway rentals. A Jack Nicklaus designed golf course will open in 2006, followed by our tennis pavilion. The children's recreation program gives parents an opportunity to enjoy a leisurely dinner at the clubhouse or nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Amex, Wyndham, Tingo, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reunion Resort And Club Wyndham Grand Resort
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Hotel Celebration