“Paradise near Orlando” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
San Diego, California
“Paradise near Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked a three bedroom villa and were blown away by how much room we had and how great the amenities were. The counters were all granite and the mosaic tile in the entryway was very elegant. We made use of the onsite water park and were not disappointed.

My only concern was that the locations of the trash receptacles were not pointed out to us and i had to ask. Others didn't ask and instead piled it in the main entryway.

Will definitely stay here again!

We didn't golf but there are 54 holes of golf if one wants.

• Stayed July 2013
ExecutiveOfficeMC, General Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We are always pleased to hear that your accommodations were above expectation. We appreciate the time you took to mention some of our amenities, the Water Park being a favorite among our guests.

We have also notated your concern and will be addressing this among staff to ensure the proper information is given to all guests in the future.

We look forward to your next vacation with us!

755 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great stay at Reunion Resorts in a condo. Looked at both Disney hotels vs All-Star Resorts @ Reunion Resorts Condos and for the price & accomodations, Reunion Resorts was a better deal for my families vacation. The four of us stayed at a beautiful, roomy condo overlooking a golf course. We all had our own bedrooms with private baths; our master suite was beautiful, updated decor and comfortable. Staff was very helpful. We wished we could of stayed longer to enjoy the pool and waterpark. My family was comfortable and happy with our condo.

Room Tip: Booked thru All-Star vacations on-line. Transaction was smooth.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Although All-Star Resorts is a 3rd party rental company within the resort, we are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience throughout the entire property. The highest level of customer service and guest satisfaction is what we strive for at each of our outlets. We hope to welcome you back to the property soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I travel cleanliness of the hotel is of the utmost importance. While I would prefer a courteous front desk employee...that won't make or break my stay. We stayed in the villas and it was great. E carpet was a teeny bit worn, but we weren't buying the place. After reading some reviews I was pretty afraid of roaches, etc. but this is actually one of the cleanest places I've stayed in of late. We booked directly with Wyndham and I would def stay here again.

We had a 3 bedroom/3 bath. Didn't care about proximity of restaurants, because we had a car. Didn't care about activities on the grounds, because there's plenty to do in Orlando. All I really care about is if the rooms are nice...and they are. It wasn't palatial but very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for taking time to share your comments. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, relaxing environment and we are so pleased to hear that you received that. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.
los gatos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First of all, I booked this property because I was traveling with my 13 yo son and his friend and I really needed the space that separate bedrooms would provide. That, in and of itself, was a great decision, but the reality is that if you're going to Disney, there are much better options.

The property itself is more of a "gated community" that is located (when there is NO traffic, say at 10PM) about 15 minutes south of the park area - that's 15 minutes of freeway driving. This means that, when there is regular weekday traffic, you can expect that drive to top 35 - 40 minutes. I really didn't expect that and, for me, that made it very inconvenient. The second problem that I didn't anticipate was that we were assign to a townhouse-like unit across the street from the high rise where the restaurants and office are located. For many, I suppose this will be beneficial but it felt really isolated. I would have preferred the high rise for security reasons. It wasn't a good fit overall for my group.

Five stars? Uh huh. Sorry, but the room that we were assigned to would not have been part of a 5 star property. It was last renovated back when the Tommy Bahama craze was in full force. Think of armoires full of 28" deep TVs! Dirty carpeting had been "doctored up" with so much carpet deodorizer that I couldn't breathe. Really, it was so strong that each time you opened the front door, it would hit you like a hammer. If it's dirty, change the carpet - DON'T try to cover the stink with sweet stink.

Another icky moment was the plastic flower arrangements all around the rooms. I called immediately to ask that they be removed for our 1 week long stay. I was told that they would be but they weren't. The next day when we returned from the park, there they were full of spider webs and dust. I called again and was told again that they were to be removed. Again, nothing. The office staff was completely unresponsive to any inquiry or request that I made. They explained to me that for customers that book through Expedia, their hands are tied! Huh? What a horrible answer.

Good points? The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and well service daily. Towels and sheets were also clean and tidy. And, while I felt a safety concern, I appreciated the parking spot right in front of the unit! The pool area was also nice but they were building a new pavilion next to the pool during our visit so it was loud and annoying. The staff at the pool was also a mixed bag.

For me, there were likely better choices. If you have a large family and really require the space, I suppose it may be the best option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ExecutiveOfficeMC, General Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Annette F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It appears that our usual high standards have not been met and for that we are sorry. We appreciate your comments about Reunion Resort and we assure you that your feedback will be used to do ongoing improvements within the resort property and its staff.

Please accept our apology and know that because of your feedback, we are using this opportunity as a chance to coach and train our team members so future guests, and hopefully you as well, will receive better service at our resort.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wish I had read some of these reviews before I booked this resort. I was given a villa that was roach infested. I still have images of the roaches running all over the kitchen. IT WAS GROSS!!!!
Beware. Do not spoil your vacation. It is not worth the time or money. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chadwick H, Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I was shocked to read your comments. Please know that we take these situations very seriously. Our pest control contractor treats each unit to avoid such situations. Additionally our Housekeeping team pays special attention to potential situations that could attract pests. I was so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our resort. We hope that you give us another chance in the future and appreciate your feedback.
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the property for 2 nights and had booked online via Hotels.com. We booked a 2 bedroom, knowing that we needed more space for us and our 2 kids. To our surprise, we got a two-story, 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit with it's own entrance! WE LOVED having multiple bedrooms and bathrooms - makes getting ready in the morning a breeze!

It is a quick ride to WDW (20 minutes) and our kiddos enjoyed the waterpark. They also had bikes and lawn games - but unfortunately the rain kept us from enjoying the other amenities.

There is a Chili's, McDonalds and supermarket not too far from the property - but other than that, there isn't a lot of restaurants nearby that we saw. The property is huge!

If you are looking for a place to stay with kids and don't want a small cramped hotel room, or the craziness surrounding the parks, I would highly recommend this place! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Salamander H, Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We are so please you enjoyed the space! Thank you for visiting; we hope to welcome you back shortly.
Reunion, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Clean, close to pool, quiet, safe. This is a great choice if you are going to vacation on a longer term. We have not been happy with the last two Wyndam's we have stayed at, but this one might just have us reconsidering leaving the chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort? Share your experiences!