First of all, I booked this property because I was traveling with my 13 yo son and his friend and I really needed the space that separate bedrooms would provide. That, in and of itself, was a great decision, but the reality is that if you're going to Disney, there are much better options.
The property itself is more of a "gated community" that is located (when there is NO traffic, say at 10PM) about 15 minutes south of the park area - that's 15 minutes of freeway driving. This means that, when there is regular weekday traffic, you can expect that drive to top 35 - 40 minutes. I really didn't expect that and, for me, that made it very inconvenient. The second problem that I didn't anticipate was that we were assign to a townhouse-like unit across the street from the high rise where the restaurants and office are located. For many, I suppose this will be beneficial but it felt really isolated. I would have preferred the high rise for security reasons. It wasn't a good fit overall for my group.
Five stars? Uh huh. Sorry, but the room that we were assigned to would not have been part of a 5 star property. It was last renovated back when the Tommy Bahama craze was in full force. Think of armoires full of 28" deep TVs! Dirty carpeting had been "doctored up" with so much carpet deodorizer that I couldn't breathe. Really, it was so strong that each time you opened the front door, it would hit you like a hammer. If it's dirty, change the carpet - DON'T try to cover the stink with sweet stink.
Another icky moment was the plastic flower arrangements all around the rooms. I called immediately to ask that they be removed for our 1 week long stay. I was told that they would be but they weren't. The next day when we returned from the park, there they were full of spider webs and dust. I called again and was told again that they were to be removed. Again, nothing. The office staff was completely unresponsive to any inquiry or request that I made. They explained to me that for customers that book through Expedia, their hands are tied! Huh? What a horrible answer.
Good points? The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and well service daily. Towels and sheets were also clean and tidy. And, while I felt a safety concern, I appreciated the parking spot right in front of the unit! The pool area was also nice but they were building a new pavilion next to the pool during our visit so it was loud and annoying. The staff at the pool was also a mixed bag.
For me, there were likely better choices. If you have a large family and really require the space, I suppose it may be the best option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, conveniently located at Exit 58 off Interstate 4, is just 6 miles from Walt Disney World. For vacationers seeking more than a 400 square foot hotel room, Reunion offers spacious one- two- and three-bedroom villas as well as multi-bedroom vacation homes, most situated directly on the golf course. All accommodations have a complete kitchen and expansive living area. Reunion serves up an unparalleled golf experience, complete with 36 holes of signature golf designed by Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer. In addition to golf, Reunion offers a unique blend of amenities. Whether riding horses on our more than 20 miles of trails, splashing in our multi-acre, multi-pool water park, or enjoying bicycle or Seagway rentals. A Jack Nicklaus designed golf course will open in 2006, followed by our tennis pavilion. The children's recreation program gives parents an opportunity to enjoy a leisurely dinner at the clubhouse or nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reunion Resort And Club Wyndham Grand Resort
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Hotel Celebration