We were expecting a really classy place to spend three nights after our Disney cruise. What we got was that - and more. This was a great place that we will return to again and again.
Our family of four (two adults and two young preschoolers) came here to unwind after a Disney cruise. We realized how close to the action (Disney) it is, yet it feels like a serene place far from the Mouse. It took 12 minutes to Downtown Disney.
As you enter the resort you get a small idea of the size and scale of the resort - three professionally designed golf courses, multiple communities, and neighborhood pools/tennis courts/play grounds abound.
The grounds are all impeccably manicured (as are the homes and neighborhoods). It is very easy to navigate through the resort and check in (in a grand grand lobby) was a breeze. It's a no-tipping/no-cash resort, but expect 20% service charge added to anything you eat/buy in the resort. No big deal - we tip 20% usually - but it did feel odd not to hand a few bucks to the shuttle drivers who will take you anywhere with a call and 15 minutes.
We were in Center Court Ridge. We had a gorgeous view of a course and the neighborhood pool was serene and beautiful. Our two kids made friends with the other visitors, but for the most part we had the place to ourselves. In our pool there was a hot tub, kids playground, tennis courts, a basketball course, and a nice pool house with bathrooms, showers, etc... the only odd thing about the upscale pool area is that pool towels are not provided. The resort does make up for this by offering as many towels as you want from housekeeping - and delivered quickly - but I found this a little strange not to have them readily available poolside.
Everything just felt luxe and cared for. In Florida we are used to seeing a lot of leaves/bugs in the water, but here the pools always seemed freshly skimmed and cleaned.
Our suite was fantastic! We were in "G 302" and it was as nice as any Ritz or JW Marriott we've seen. It was, in fact, a Ginn property at one point and it shows! Quality craftsmanship and all the amenities of home. Our three bedroom suite had all en-suite rooms. The smallest room was large with a queen, the other room had 2 Queens and the master a King and a HUGE bathroom. There were 4 large flat screen TV's with 100's of channels in the suite. The decor and cleanliness were a step above the rest.
We also had a stocked kitchen with SS appliances, W/D, and all the start up amenities you need (dish soap, Tide detergent, hygiene items).
We spent two mornings at the water park. This place had slides, a huge climbing/sliding area for kids of all ages, very large lazy river, zero entry pool, and a fantastic kids staff. Felinda made sure our kids were happy and having a ball in all the little hourly activities they provide all weekend long. The cleanliness and well-kept comments extend to the water park and towels are provided here. The food ordered from the Drink Deck was surprisingly great!
I would put this property quite a few steps above most places you can stay in the Orlando area.
- Also Known As:
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Hotel Celebration
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Reunion Resort And Club Wyndham Grand Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, conveniently located at Exit 58 off Interstate 4, is just 6 miles from Walt Disney World. For vacationers seeking more than a 400 square foot hotel room, Reunion offers spacious one- two- and three-bedroom villas as well as multi-bedroom vacation homes, most situated directly on the golf course. All accommodations have a complete kitchen and expansive living area. Reunion serves up an unparalleled golf experience, complete with 36 holes of signature golf designed by Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer. In addition to golf, Reunion offers a unique blend of amenities. Whether riding horses on our more than 20 miles of trails, splashing in our multi-acre, multi-pool water park, or enjoying bicycle or Seagway rentals. A Jack Nicklaus designed golf course will open in 2006, followed by our tennis pavilion. The children's recreation program gives parents an opportunity to enjoy a leisurely dinner at the clubhouse or nearby restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Amex, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.