“I Feel Robbed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Valdosta, Georgia
“I Feel Robbed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I ate here tonight and made a HUGE mistake. All three members of my party ordered the crab bisque. The $11.50 bowls were kind of small, but that's okay. I knew there was a problem with the very first bite. The bisque had a nice flavor, but it was completely overwhelmed by huge quantities of salt. I mean, I have never in my life tasted something so salty, and I am a fan of salt. There is no way that the bisque we had is the normal recipe that seems to be enjoyed by many. Although we complained to our waitress, she stated that it was their original recipe and could not reduce our check. In the end, we left over $33 worth of crab bisque on our table, and we came back to our rental home and made ham sandwiches.

This experience kind of put a damper on the whole meal, but we did enjoy the heart of palm salad immensely, and our server was very friendly.

Jacksonville Florida
“expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

might have been off night, but the Crab Bisque was more bisque than crab.

We had a long wait getting our check.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Florida
“A memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Celebrating our 23rd anniversary, this restaurant was the perfect choice for atmosphere, romance and excellent food. We began by sharing escargot sauteed in butter, white wine and herbs and a wonderful Indonesian carrot curry soup. The "Clams Island Hotel" , steamed Cedar Key clams in white wine, garlic and butter served over pasta was superb. A trio of shrimp, scallops and redfish sauteed in garlic and olive oil was equally delicious. The server constantly supplied baskets of crisp cracker bread and rolls. Bottled water in decorative containers was served compliments of the house.
My husband is retired from 46 years in the hospitality industry and I am a personal chef. We were very pleased with the quality and elegance of this meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Cute "Old Florida" B and B.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed there for two nights. Loved the little bar downstairs and had live music on Friday night. Staff very friendly, laidback, and helpful; someone was always at the desk. Rooms were "old Florida" style, but very clean and comfy. Loved the porch out front and location was great for walking around the town. Breakfast is included and was good! Be patient with the hot/cold water, the building is old and can switch on you last minute :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Key Largo
“Stunning Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent two nights on Cedar Key, not expecting much foodwise. How wrong we were! Had a few drinks at the bar the first night, and returned for their bar menu the next. My oh my! I have been a chef for the past 40 years and was astounded. We started with the Clams in Garlic Butter......meaty, tender locally farmed. Heaven! Then Shrimp & Grits in Bacon (cheesy) Gravy. Grits and Shrimp baked in a loaf pan, sliced, then sautéed. Decadent delight! The next course was my favorite: Hearts of Palm Salad with Ice Cream Dressing and Fruit. FRESH hearts of palm!! Firm and delicious. And the dressing a frozen scoop of a blend of vanilla ice cream, lime sherbet, peanut butter and mayo. I'd heard of this salad for years and finally got to experience it. Finally we had to try the Crab Bisque, as everything was so good. It didn't disappoint, with cream and sherry and tons of blue crab. All that amazing food for less than forty dollars for two of us. Angie, our server/bartender is sweet and professional. Wish we lived closer!

• Visited September 2013