“Back Again!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 352-543-5184
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Seafood, Chowder
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Starke, Florida
“Back Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Meet friends in Cedar Key and ate again at this restaurant. We all had a big juicy hamburger and it was great,,,,,sometimes you just need that good old hamburger!!! The waitress that waited on us was so personable and made us feel very special. This is one restaurant that we will bring back friends to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
ThePickledPelican, Manager at The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! We appreciate your business very much and look forward to having you again! God bless you!

73% Recommend
Clermont, Florida
“Great views, good food and average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The views are what you come here for as the service needs some help......Went in on a Sunday at 1:30 and had to get the menus, ask who our server was and then again flag them down for service as we were ready to order....It almost feels like I need to accept slow service here for some reason which disappoints me as the food is good.... I believe or at least am hopeful they were understaffed and will give them another shot next time we visit Cedar Key.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
ThePickledPelican, Owner at The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello,
Thank you so much for coming to have lunch with us, we appreciate your business. I am incredibly sorry for the service you received. I do know what Sunday you are speaking of and you are right, we were in fact understaffed on that particular day. Sunday's have been a lot busier than usual for this time of year (which we are thankful for!). Because of this, it has been an adjustment to be able to predict business and make the schedule accordingly. On top of that I recently hired a new server who is still in the learning process and she usually works on Sundays. We have it under control now.

Please do come back and give us another try!
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful view of the Gulf!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went for lunch and ate outside on the deck. My husband had a burger and he really enjoyed it and I had a patty melt that was as good as I've had. The fries were good as were the chips. I did like the cole slaw, but they cook/chef could have left out the raisins from the slaw.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Service and View were Outstanding; Food is Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Outside seating on the waterfront was why we picked this restaurant and we were not disappointed by it! Our server was wonderful, very attentive and helpful in explaining that because the next day was the Seafood festival the menu had been changed to help streamline things. What we didn't understand and it wasn't the servers fault is how the day before the festival they were not completely stocked on their wine list. The crab cake was good but soggy and the Cuban was ok. We did not regret eating here because of the service and view but think we'll probably skip it at Festival time.

Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Second time was a total dud w/ no service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the second time we have been to this restaurant while traveling here, and may be the last! When we came in, we were told to find a table, which we did outside. A gentlemen brought us menus and took our drink orders. A few minutes later, our drinks were delivered and the lady walked away without speaking a word. We sat there for at least 15 minutes and no one else came over to our table. Meanwhile, we watched another couple get seated, get drinks, and put in their food orders! After fifteen minutes, the gentlemen came back over and stated our waitress was busy and that was why she didn't come over to even greet our table!! At the time we were there, there were about 8 tables occupied, so she definitely wasn't slammed! So, we left and went to another establishment for dinner. And as we left, the gentlemen approached the waitress about us leaving and we noticed the wait staff just standing around and talking, so I guess that was what she was busy doing.

• Visited October 2013
ThePickledPelican, Owner at The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hello,

I'm sorry that you're experience with us was not great. I assure you that the lack of service that you described is not up to the standards we strive to keep at The Pickled Pelican. Although the incident was inexcusable I would like to try and explain why I think you're table was missed. You most certainly were not ignored on purpose. For a lot of my servers, this was their first festival weekend as a server and as you can imagine it can get incredibly hectic with all the crowds, large parties, and waiting lines. So this weekend was something completely new to most of them, including yours. I have spoken with your server and together we came to the conclusion that the reason you were missed is because of the section change that had just occurred as you were arriving as well as a lack of communication. She has never in all the months she has worked for me had a table walk out or gotten complaints about her service (she's worked in customer service for years) so I know she did not purposely ignore you and I know had she known you were out there you would have received superb service from her. As I mentioned, just before you came in there was a section change and we went from 5 servers to 4 so everyone was getting extra tables and having to switch places on the floor and deck at the same time. There was also a lack of communication on my part as I did not make her aware that you had come in, I just assumed she knew. That is a mistake on my part completely. I would like to also add that there were more than 8 tables in our establishment at the time you were there and your server wasn't "standing around talking" but finishing up with a party of about 10 inside. At the time you saw me confronting her about your party she was getting tickets and bills ready. We would be delighted if you would come back and give us another try eventually. We are rolling out a completely new menu this week and I think it will be a big hit! Please just keep in mind that even customer service pros are simply human and sometimes mistakes happen. Hope to see you soon.