“Good food, horrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Built in 1930 as the Holman Store, this historic building brings fond memories for residents as they come to pick up their order. Visitors as well as residents take advantage of the no charge delivey service. The menu offers a great selection of Island Favorite Pizza, pasta dinners, fresh wings and salad. Everything is made to order using the freshest ingredients.
Deltona, Florida
“Good food, horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We ordered delivery one evening while visiting Cedar Key. As I started my order, Chris interrupted me loudly saying "Just tell me what you don't want, it will be easier!" (which is what I was doing). I thought it kinda rude, but let it go. I was told 30 minutes for delivery. Over an hour goes by with no delivery so I called back. Again Chris answered the phone and told me to "be patient, we're very busy". Approximately 20 minutes later, a knock at the door with Chris delivering the food. She did apologize for being late, and I responded that we were about to cancel and go out somewhere because we were hungry. She didn't offer any change, rolled her eyes at me with a "whatever" and walked away. I mentioned to her that I would be sure to put that in my review. Just as I'm putting the food on the counter, Chris knocks at the door again and demands that I give her the food back and she will refund my money. I said I'm not going to do that, my family was hungry and we were fixin to eat. She then says something like "who do you think you are?" and I told her - I'm your customer! Do you treat all your customer's this way? Chris then replied, and I quote, "F**K YOU" and left.

The food was good but I was floored that someone - who claims to be an owner of this establishment - would talk to a customer like this! I visit Cedar Key a few times a year, as do some friends and family, and we will not order from Island Pizzeria ever again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
islandpizzeria, Owner at Island Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
As with many situations in life, there are 2 sides to every story. I can assure you that his completely distorted version of his experience starts with the fact that he says I raised my voice at him when I took his order. I could go through step by step as he has but quite frankly; this is not about out posting each other. I apologized for the delay in his delivery as I would do with any customer. He is obviously upset that I did not give him his change of $4.23 but he was too busy verbally attacking & bullying me to ask me for it! I made several apologies all of which he chose not to accept any of them. Not sure what he expected because it was clear to me that nothing was going to make this person happy until he broke my spirit which he succeeded at so yes, I gave him a piece of my mind. No one should have to endure his unnecessary behavior. Every customer that we have the privilege of serving is like serving a friend we have just met. I am going to stay true to who I am and the quality of food and service we provide.

Cedar Key, Florida
“Addicted to the Garlic Knotts and Love the Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I love garlic and lots of it so the Garlic Knotts are a real hit with me. Island Pizzeria makes a thinner crust pizza and sets the pie on top of a plastic like mat which keeps the pizza from getting soggy. I like a pizza I can fold in half and pick up with my hands as I eat at the shore looking out at the Gulf. The delivery is fantastic for those lazy at heart. This is a pickup or delivery kind of place- no eat in. So I take my food and sit at the pocket park bench along G Street.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind review!!! Yes, those garlic knots are quite addictive!! I am pleased to know you enjoy them & the pizza..oh & the delivery!! We look forward to serving you again!
Fanning Springs, Florida
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

What I truly wanted was seafood for dinner. Stopped by to say hi. I was a first time visitor. After the first few minutes I couldn't leave without ordering not 1 but TWO pizzas and an order of garlic knots! We had a half hour drive to our destination before we could finally dig into the pizza which was killing us with its ever so tempting aroma to lunge over the seats to the back to gorge ourselves. We were able to start on the garlic knots on our drive home. Once we got home we immediately got ready to eat what I would call some of the BEST pizza ever! The clam pizza and a combo pizza! mmmmm mmmmm good! This will be someplace I put on my list of to come back and eat! This should be on every pizza lover's bucket list! The price is great too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shelly, it was so great to have met you and the kids!!! So you got the best of both worlds with us...seafood & pizza!! The Clam pizza is a big hit with many, I am pleased that you enjoyed that and the garlic knots! It goes without saying that you enjoyed the rest of your "sunny" visit before returning to the cold! We look forward to seeing you again!
Sebastian, Florida
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I always check out pizza places in search of our perfect pizza. The crust was thin, sauce very good not too tangy. It was loaded with cheese and overall, I will return on my next visit to Cedar Key!

Visited January 2013
Thank you so much for your review!! Nothing is better than finding a good pizza & I am happy you found it with us!! We look forward to seeing you again!
Colorado
“How can this be?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Good pizza in Cedar Key, Fl. !? Well, not just good, I'll go out on a limb and say "excellent". Perfect crust, not too thick not too thin with a nice crack to it and a chewy core. There is a noticeable lack of the floating surface oil you find with inferior pies. The quality igredients are delicious and appreciated. The sauce is abundant without being over powering and the mozzerrlla is nicely melted without the oily residue I mentioned. They deliver courteously and quickly, 25 minutes from placing order. We have been in Cedar Key 3 days and have executed the 3 most important venues, clams on the half shell, clam chowder and Island Pizzeria. Tomorrrow we leave contented with hopes of returning some day.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
islandpizzeria, Owner at Island Pizzeria, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Wasn't sure what pizza you had but if it wasn't the Clam pizza, you should try that one next time...all I can say is YUM!! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cedar Key!