“Great to Watch the Sunsets” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great to Watch the Sunsets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

fabulous oysters! while you have a drink and watch the sunset and visit with others
the view is worth it and so is the food!

Visited January 2012

O'Fallon, Missouri
“Not fine dining but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Rusty Rim seemed more to me like a bar that served food, which was fine for us. I don't remember what we ordered (fried oysters I think for me) but it was fine but nothing special. Service was good, drinks were good, food was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Erath, Louisiana
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

To start we ordered their clam appetizer. The waitress seemed surprised that we ordered the clams. For the meal my wife ordered the lobster with coleslaw along with a salad with their "house" blue cheese dressing. She loves blue cheese dressing but this one smelled putrid. Tasted as bad with the one bite she took-complained for an hour at least after leaving the restaurant about the taste in her mouth. Our entrees arrived...never got the clam appetizer and no explanation...probably a good thing. The lobster was barely warm but overcooked (dried-the butter knife wouldn't even cut the lobster meat). She managed to eat the lobster. The coleslaw was at room temperature-this should have been cold. I ordered baked scallops which were supposed to be baked in a butter cream sauce covered with breadcrumbs. Don't know where the cream was, there was a little butter in the water in the bowl. There were a few scattered bread crumbs. The scallops were hot and cooked OK, but didn't taste very fresh. I managed to eat 1/2 of the portion. I also got a side of augratin potatoes. It looked good, but wasn't heated through and didn't taste very good. I only took a couple of bites. The hushpuppies were the best thing of the meal. I usually eat all of my food and finish off anything my wife leaves, but even I left most of my food...not a good sign at all. The waitress had to notice we left most of the food, but didn't make any comment, just took away the plates. We asked to talk to the owner or manager, who came to talk to us. We said we would pay the bill ($42), but told her about the food. No offer to adjust the bill, just said they haven't had any complaints before. We eat out a lot (at least twice a week, sometimes more) and this was probably the worst meal overall we have ever had--especially when both of us agree that the food was horrible.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Abbeville, Louisiana
“THE WORST RESTURANT WE'VE EVER EATIN AT!!! HANDS DOWN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

O ratings across the board!!! We should have walked out! We left all of our food... I did eat the rubbery cold lobster ... That's how it came out! The coleslaw was warm! The blue cheese dressing was spolied! The scallop dish was watery topped with bread crumbs.. NO SEASONING on anything! It all came out fast but not off of the grill, stove or microwave!!! I doubt they had a functioning refrigerator!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Its the View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This place is all about the view. Go at Sunset and watch the sun disappear in the Gulf.

The food and service are not bad, not outstanding - pretty average. But like many of the places on the dock, it is a fun place to just sit with a drink, snack on something fried and watch the day slowly pass by.

I would have no problem recommending this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere