“Old Florida Coast Ambiance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast
You added Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
810 3rd Street, Corner of, Cedar Key, FL 32625   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Cedar Key B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Old Florida Coast Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We enjoyed two nights in the "Tree House". We were tucked in under the canopy of a 500 year old Live Oak that dominates the property. It all added up to a great old Florida feel - very comfortable, great breakfast, and with a friendly staff to complete our Cedar Key escape! We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Such a beautiful old home and garden. Very peaceful vibe. The food was very good. The location is great for walking around town, close to everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The walls are a little thin for stair noise, but expected for a house of this age. My only complaint was the hard bed. No give at all. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in Miss Ida's room. It can noisy if people are sitting out on the front porch to talk. I...
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed a the Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast and it was awesome! We have stayed in dozens of bed and breakfasts and I have to say this one ranks among one of the best. We stayed in Jack's room and it was huge and very well appointed. Alice and Sherry could not have been nicer and the added touch of having the "bottomless" cookie jar was fantastic. The made from scratch breakfast was delicious as well. We only live an hour away and we don't normally stay at the same place twice, but we might have to change that rule now that we've been here!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Cedar Key B & B was wonderful. This 1880 house had all the charm of a home built when Cedar Key was an active trading center. The home is well located for walking along the Gulf which we enjoyed each morning . Most of all Alice and her staff were very accommodating. They made sure my medically required dietary restrictions were followed, and prepared a special breakfast for me each morning. The gardens are very inviting, as is the porch where guests gather to chat and read during the course of the day.
For people who do not know Cedar Key, it is a small community which has fishing, boating kayaking and other activities on the Gulf readily available, as well as a thriving art community and first-rate restaurants - a great spot to totally relax.

Mims, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a very interesting home with amazing landscaping. There are a few 400 year old oaks in the yard (huge). We had our own balcony overlooking the road. It was very romantic. The house was attractive, interesting and very well maintained. I especially liked the 'bottomless cookie jar'. Would definitely go back there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the girls room and it was very nice. The bathroom was a little small and dated but it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I don't believe that I have ever experienced an establishment be so responsive to a problem before. When we told them that the AC had gone out in our room the night before, the owner went way out of her way to make things right for us, finding us a wonderful new place to spend the following night and also turning it into the least expensive vacation in memory - plus we got to enjoy those amazing breakfasts and homemade cookies. If we're ever in Cedar Key again, this is where we'll want to stay. Thank you for treating us so well!!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon Cottage for our 2nd anniversary. The king size bed was so comfortable and the style of the room was charming, although a bit 'girly' for my husband's taste. I loved the claw-footed bathtub/shower. It felt so good after a day on the water to climb in and let the hot water relax my muscles. One thing I really appreciated was how clean our room was. As an allergy sufferer, I am sensitive to dust and mold and fragrances, but during our stay, I had no issues. They must have a very good air filter, because I can't say that often about places I stay. The coffee and breakfasts were wonderful, as were the delicious cookies that are always available. Of course Alice and her staff are the reason behind everything being as great as it is. They were so friendly and helpful with any questions we had, and helped to make it a truly memorable, lovely getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!