“Good Cuban food with good value” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 92 restaurants in Casselberry
Cuisines: Cuban, Delicatessen, Latin
Orlando
“Good Cuban food with good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

It's really nice going to a restaurant knowing that if you order the same thing twice it is going to be equally good the second time. I fell in love with Rolando's whole fried snapper, have ordered it a dozen times and I hVe never been disappointed. My wife would eat the fried pork chunks twice a week if I would let her.
The servers are always pleasant and the service is great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Southeast
“Very Disappointing. Not what it once was.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Sad to report that this family owned restaurant has taken quite a downturn over the last couple of years. Gave it a few chances, but a recent lunch sealed the deal. Would not return.

Food quality and quantity have declined. Amazingly, I ordered a lunch item right off the printed menu and they refused to serve it. Said their costs had increased and if I wanted that dish I would need to order the supper portion instead at twice the price. Very poor customer relations to say the least. Had I not been entertaining a guest, I would have just walked out.

Pass on by. There are too many better places to dine in the Orlando area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida
“Best Cuban Food In Central Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

If you would like authentic excellent tasting Cuban food, then Rolando's is the place to visit.. Great tasting food at reasonable prices.. This is not a chain restaurant it is family owned and operated.. I had their Palomilla Steak with white rice and black beans.. and it was very good.. Service was also great...

Nashville, TN
“Great Cuban food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

Lordy, lordy. I've been eating cautious on this trip to Orlando, but Rolando's is hitting below the belt. Pursuing my craving for good Cuban food I found my way to this low-key restaurant on the east side of Orlando.

It exceeded my expectations and met my craving for Cuban food head on. Tonight, (Saturday), they had a guitar player strumming Latin melodies which added to the atmosphere. I don't know if he's there every night, but he was very good.

I ordered the roast pork which came out very quickly. The plates come with Maduro, (plantains) that were very sweet and a yellow rice that was light and fluffy. The pork is sauteed with onions and despite the fact that I don't like onions these were very well done. Added to the mixture was black beans which were okay, but not very distinctive.

After finishing the meal the waitress recommended the flan and cafe con leche. This is where I broke my diet. Just a little flan and I'll leave. It was too good to leave, so I finished it off and was a great finish to a super meal.

I truly recommend Rolando's if you're in the mood for Cuban food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Rolando's is a classy little place tucked neatly into the side of Semoran in Casselberry. This is classic Cuban food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2008

Rolando's is a classy little place tucked neatly into the side of Semoran in Casselberry. This is classic Cuban food. Enjoy.