“WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Orlando, Florida
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First visit and I'm hooked; definitely going back... I had the "Trapitos Tricolor" Yum! Fish in 3 types of sauces. Rococo Pepper, Olive Oil and Lime Juice.... Then I had the "sopa de mariscos" seafood soup; It was so delicious I almost licked the plate... The name "El Buzo" means scubadiver and guess what?, the owner and chef, Bruno is a certify scubadiver. Ask him to show you his photo albums.. You'll see him from young till today fishing off the coast of Peru. He knows seafood... I visited Peru several years ago and was fascinated by their gastronomy. Well, El Buzo is the place for not only authentic but delicious Peruvian food.

If you love sushi then you are more than ready for Peruvian seafood... see you soon

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Only went once but loved it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I went several years ago with my girlfriend and loved it. Honestly, I cannot remember what we ordered but I can tell you that I will definitely be going back once I'm in the area again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Divine food that will take an eternity to receive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The man knows how to cook. The problem is he isn't setup for cooking in a restaurant. The food will taste amazing, but the dishes will come out one at a time with a long delay between deliveries. If you are a large party, that is a serious problem, but it is difficult to not like the restaurant. For starters, the owner is so damn sweet and his intention to serve fresh, high quality food admirable. I think if you go in groups of two and/or order dishes that everyone at the table can share, then the speed in which the food is prepared won't be as much as a problem. For larger groups, I think you might want to call your orders in early.

My advice to the restaurant, pay someone to put your menu up on the web. Invest in some heaters and higher someone devoted to helping the chef prepare the food. I know all that costs money, but you have something with the food. You can see it in the fact that your rating is so high and yet your service (in terms of speed) is atrocious.

• Visited November 2012
Florida
“Excellent fresh cerviche made with Grouper !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I happened upon this small Peruvian restaurant by happy coincidence. The food is marvelous and fresh, the chef and his wife are former divers in Peru, and know their fresh fish dishes ! Chicken, pork, beef and other dishes are available, but I highly recommend the cerviche ! Treat yourself !

• Visited June 2012
East Orlando, FL
“Excellent authentic Peruvian Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been to El Buzo several times.

The restaurant is located in the Market Square shopping plaza at the corner of Howell Branch and Semoran, anchored by Big Lots, Fancy Fruits & Produce, Harbor Freight Tools and Smokey Bones.

The restaurant isn't fancy by any means. It is fairly small and the atmosphere is a bit stuffy. It also suffers greatly from a lack of ventilation. The food is prepared adjacent to the dining area but there doesn't seem to be any exhaust fan in use. The result is a dining room that smells deeply of smoke, oil and other cooking odors. In fact, on my last visit, I had to go home and change my clothes because they smelled like a deep fryer with scorched oil. They attempt to address this issue by placing a fan in the dining area, but the fan only serves to circulate the acrid air. Sometimes they prop the door open. Aside from this, I have had two instances where there was a (different) rude patron in the back that used a lot of strong, offensive language (in English and Spanish), but that cannot really be helped. Just be aware that this has happened to me more than once and it points to the type of clientele you might encounter.

The food is what keeps me going back to El Buzo. For an appetizer, I love the Causa de Camarones. In fact, I have been known to pick up one of these for a satisfying lunch. For the entree, the Filete de Pescado (most always Grouper) can't be beat. The fish is fresh and well-prepared. Ceviche de Camarones or Ceviche Mixto is a great bet too. I also enjoyed the Lomo Saltado. Be sure to ask for some house hot sauce. Of course, you can get an ice cold (Peruvian) beer to satisfy your thirst. For dessert, I have tried the Alfajores but I wasn't impressed.

I haven't had issues with the service. Every time I have been, I have had the same server. She seems overworked but she does an admirable job getting the order and making sure you're taken care of. The owner is also very friendly.

Overall - if the atmosphere doesn't bother you then this is a great place to get some really good Peruvian cuisine. The prices are very reasonable and the food is freshly made to order. If they could conquer their ventilation issue(s), I would not hesitate to bring family and coworkers to this place for lunch or larger groups for dinner.

• Visited August 2012