“The best pasta in town” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in Casselberry
Cuisines: Italian
“The best pasta in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

True Italian food made from scratch. When I first found this Resturant I was amazed by the quality of the food and now come by at least once a week. I have tried most of the menu and have never been disappointed

Orlando
“Just Can't Stay Away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

These words were spoken by a couple who followed us into Ravalia's. This sums it up for us. We're already planning our next outing to Ravalia's. The food was fantastic and the ambiance was like a European cafe. My friend would know, as she was raised in Europe. We were greeted like old friends and given a tasting of the house wines, which were excellent. They were making pasta behind the counter. We placed our order at the counter and had an excellent view of the activity in the kitchen.
We both loved our pasta with Old World Meat Sauce. It was light even though it was full of sausage and amazingly light meatballs. I've never had meatballs that weren't dense. The housemade fettuccine really made the dish. I can't imagine eating dried pasta again. The side salad was fresh and full of micro greens. We finished with Gelato Affogato which was delicious. As the servers passed with plates of mussels, we planned our next meal at Ravalia's. Or the rotisserie pork or chicken.
Be aware that the website menu does not include some new menu items like eggplant and chicken Parmesan. Be sure to ask about the specials. I haven't had a favorite Italian restaurant in the Orlando area since Lorenzo's closed. Ravalia's is now my favorite Italian restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“We Never had Fresh-Made Pasta 'til Now! Great Experience! A New Gem for Casselberry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Previous reviewers whetted our appetite after reading about their home-made pasta. Reading the wall posted menu is a bit different because you have to specify which of their 5 Sauces you want. There are 3 or 4 different Pizza's where you have to carefully read the descriptions. There is a Rollata category which is Rolled Stuffed Baked Pizza Dough; 5 choices here. Similar to Stronboli; which is not on their menu by that name. We tried a lot of things. The Lasagna was delicious, the Margherita Pizza was fantastic. The Rollata Caprese was also outstanding. The person who tried Spaghetti chose the Pomodoro sauce. Everyone said we have to go back to try other items! We didn't notice the small Blackboard outside with a couple of specials until we were leaving.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Central Florida's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Among the sea of poor to mediocre Italian restaurants that dominate the Central Florida area stands a piller of hope called Ravalia's Pasta Bar. Ravalia's reminds me of the family Italian Restaurants I grew up with around the Northern New Jersey area. Casual, EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE, and AMAZING!!!! Old world family recipes, homemade sauce, and homemade pasta. Once you've had fresh pasta you will never want the boxed stuff again. Their meat sauce is as close to a real Italian "Sunday Gravy" as you will ever see in this area. Chunks of slow roasted pork, meatballs, and sausage. The owners take pride in their food and making you feel at home. My wife and I are very picky when it comes to local restaurants and this is one of the few places that we enjoyed so much on the first visit, that we went back again the next night. Do yourself a favor and try Ravalia's. I really can't say enough good things about it. Hopefully business will be so good that they'll move to a bigger location. Like 4 Rivers had to do.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Park, Florida
“Great food, great price, great people too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stopped in because we heard Ravalia's made their own pasta. The pasta is hand made in the store and the meals we had were excellent as well. My wife tried the pasta with the sausage gravy and I had the pasta with pesto. We also had a caprese salad and the house wine. Everything was flavorful and excellent quality. The prices are very reasonable, even inexpensive when you consider the quality of what you are eating. The owners were present, as they are the cooks and servers, and we had a great conversation about our recent trip to Italy.
The atmosphere is on the basic side but we didn't see the out door seating until we left.
The pizza and flatbreads looked great, and they are slated for our next visit. This is a place to go and have great tasting food without a huge expense. Families will enjoy this restaurant too. The take out meal for 4 looks like a great deal and you can purchase the handmade pasta too.

• Visited October 2012