“Great night- no frills...” 3 of 5 stars

Cassadaga Hotel
355 Cassadaga Road, Exit 114 off I-4, Cassadaga, FL   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cassadaga
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great night- no frills...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

After a long day of driving, touring, and getting readings we stayed at the hotel Saturday night and had a blast. Drank beer and had a cozy dinner at the cafe- sang karaoke- sat on the porch and smoked cigarettes with neat strangers- if was a lot of fun and just what we needed.

Having said that- I cannot give the hotel great ratings as a "hotel", as it felt more like staying in someones guest room... the lighting was blah (overhead lights- no lamps)- nowhere to hang a towel or put your shampoo in the cramped showers- dark, stuffy halls, everything was old (rusty shower fixtures) but very clean. No TV or even a clock radio, but the hotel advertises itself as a place for meditation and there is a nice TV in the lobby (which is lovely and very cozy). Plenty of towels and extra pillows, though, and an in-room coffee maker... good, cold AC and a ceiling fan but bathroom was stuffy with no opening window or fan.

Price was right for what we needed, and I would rather stay right in town (especially with all of the activities at the cafe) than at a fancy Marriot down the street...

Room Tip: Go on a Saturday to enjoy the Karaoke jam!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Being a working psychic/ medium myself, I wanted to go check out this town first hand myself. My husband and I made the 8 hour round trip from Savannah, GA to visit this town, just as a day trip. It was magical and fun and relaxing. I am very careful about who I let read for me, but my husband and I chose Mary, who was working at the hotel that day, and we couldn't have made a better choice. She was right on 100% with everything she told both of us. We left feeling so great about our readings. We will both be calling her again in the future. Like I said, I am a psychic/medium myself, and I know a lot of gifted people in this business, but Mary was outstanding! This was a wonderful day trip I will never forget! The shops in town were fun to shop through and I bought a few nice things and my husband bought one of their t-shirts. All in all, a great spiritual day! We have talked about it for 3 days now.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

the town is charming and so are the people. If your staying at the hotel dont expect much and you wont be disappointed. The owner of the hotel is very rude and unfriendly. At check in we were made to feel like she was doing us a favor by taking our credit cards for payment. Stay clear of the hotel seance, what a joke. The fake medium Mary states she connects with all spirits. On the night we attended there were 20 other people. Mary tells of how each spirit will come and answer questions for their loved ones through her, then begins speaking in this fake British accent. I told Mary I want to speak with my dead brother Justin, within seconds Mary was giving me a message from my departed brother. I DONT HAVE A BROTHER. What a joke. She and the hotel should be ashamed for taking advantage of the poor people attending the seance that actually thought they were connecting with their departed loved ones. This is criminal!!! Dont waste your money this was cruel and inhuman for the guests that spent $35.00 to be deceived and lied too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Cassadaga hotels

Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

LOVE this town and hotel! Since my reading with Doreen (see the hotel's website for her info) I've inspired nearly a dozen friends to book a flight to Florida just to have a reading with this phenomenal psychic. I've seen about five psychics in my life and still work as one myself off and on. I've never met anyone like Doreen - she knew me inside and out, which made all of her predictions easier to believe. Absolutely astounding woman!

The hotel and surrounding shops are wonderful. You can feel the energy in this place - it's good and plentiful. But whatever you do, DON'T eat at the hotel. It was unbelievably bad - so bad it almost brought down our otherwise fun trip to Cassadaga. But DO book some fun ghost-hunting tours and whatnot. The hotel itself is fantastic. I'm not losing hope that the restaurant will turn it around someday. In the meantime, I'll be going back to see Doreen again soon. Seriously, this woman will change your life!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is definitely in need of lots of repair. We were worried about the ceiling in our room when it rained as the ceiling got saturated though it didn't quite drip. The bathroom door doesn't close properly in some of the rooms. We didn't see anything unusual, but did hear stories from other guests who did see some weird stuff. Sinatra's, the restaurant, is amazing, the local people who frequent the restaurant and bar really made it special. The karaoke night and the piano bar night were both lots of fun. Sinatra's has excellent breakfast on Sunday as well. It's a nice hotel to stay in if you are there for the Cassadaga Experience. But as a resort or romantic getaway, not so much.

Room Tip: I have heard that some rooms are more haunted than others. Ask for those room numbers. Also, if you...
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Cassadaga is a wonderful place, full of charm and history. The town is especially known for its large population of psychics and mediums, and has been referred to as “The Psychic Capital of the World.” To have that many “sensitive” people in the same place seems to raise the vibration, and I felt my own sensitivity heightened. We decided it would be the perfect place for a yoga retreat, and four of us made a trip up there for a 2-night, 3-day weekend stay.

The place buzzes with an energy that almost reminds me of Las Vegas - like you could stay up all night and never get tired. The gift shops are loaded with fun items: stones and gems that resonate with discernable energy signatures, new age books, jewelry, candles, incense, smudge kits, and curios. The hotel was built in 1894, and was beautifully preserved and quite comfortable. The rooms are nice and clean. We stayed in the King Suite and it was pretty awesome, though it is much larger than the other rooms. The housekeeping staff, led by Theresa, are super friendly and hospitable. DeeJay at front desk reception, also sweet and helpful, reported that the place is haunted with friendly spirits.

Soon after we arrived on Friday, we attended a tea leaves reading class with Torre, where we learned how to read tea leaves in order to forecast the future. Loose tea is used, and you actually get to drink the tea first, which is pretty sweet.

Reading tea leaves is not as mystical and mysterious as you may think. It mainly involves trying to discern what pictures and symbols you see in the loose tea left in your cup and saucer after you drink your delicious tea. It was a wonderful experience and Torre was a fun teacher. She also sings at the Piano in the restaurant in the evening and does a mean Grace Slick cover.

Speaking of the restaurant, the food is divine. They recently got a new head chef, Erik, and he is revamping and improving the menu. Erik formerly owned the award-winning Flip Flops in New Smyrna Beach, and he will be bringing a little of that foodiness to the place.

And the grounds of Cassadaga are beautiful. There are several parks and preserved natural areas ripe for exploring.

The seance was Saturday night. It was the highlight of the trip. It was with a gifted medium named Mary Hayes. You tell Mary your name, and the name of loved one that has passed that you wish to connect with. You should have a question ready to ask your loved one.

When the time for the seance arrived that evening, 26 of us (we were told we were an especially large group) squeezed into a cozy room on the second floor of the old hotel. When Mary walked in the room, the energy shifted. To me, she glowed. Her eyes were wide and beautiful; her glance was filled with a deep knowing, and I felt like I connected with her on an extrasensory level when I looked into her eyes. Mary is not like the mediums you might see on television. She generally doesn’t come up with crazy facts that only great Aunt Mary would know in order to prove to you that she is really talking to great Aunt Mary. Nor does she become possessed with the spirit of your loved one like Whoopi Goldberg in “Ghost.” It was far less spooky, and felt much more spiritual.

Everyone of the 26 of us got about five minutes to ask her questions. She explained that she speaks to lost loved ones indirectly, essentially by channeling angels that talk to the loved ones directly, and she relays the message to the audience. She closes her eyes while she channels and her affect changes, which definitely heightens the feeling that something other-worldly is going on.

The experience was extremely uplifting, and there was the distinct sensation that she was “in the divine flow” while channelling. It was the same feeling I have had while in the presence of living saints and masters, like Amma and Paramahansa Prajnananda; everything they say seems personally applicable to everyone listening, even when they aren’t talking to you directly. I could see how the advice from loved ones she was giving to others were applicable to my own life.

Overall a great experience. Everyone in our party (4 of us) had a spiritually uplifting experience and we want to do it again. Thank you to Cassadaga and the wonderful people there for making our stay so amazing. We didn't see any of the friendly spirits, but it does feel like we were touched by spirit during our stay. Much love and gratitude!

Room Tip: There are some rooms downstairs with front porch space. The King Suite doesn't have porch space...
Sebastian, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a bit of a mixed bag review. Overall, I probably would NOT recommend this hotel as a destination unto itself but the people who run the hotel were lovely and the restaurant was absolutely delicious food.

My 2 best friends and I made a reservation to stay at the hotel on a Friday evening (they were completely booked up for the Saturday night and we'd gotten the last rooms available on Friday) and had appointments to be read by Torre on Saturday morning. From the website, the rooms looked a little "dated" but I thought perhaps the website hadn't been updated. We'd never been to Cassadaga before and, while I was speaking with DJ at the front desk, she was bubbly, helpful and very friendly. She made us feel welcome even over the telephone and I was looking forward to the stay.

We arrived in Cassadaga after a 2.5 hour drive, and the town was "kitschy cute". There was certainly enough parking, despite being quite busy and it was a very short walk up the porch, into a warm lobby area with antique furniture. The front desk is located inside the gift shoppe, which is around the corner from the front door and we were greeted by "DJ". As on the phone, she was welcoming and bubbly ... remembering us from when we spoke on the telephone to make the reservations.

We were given a key to the "deluxe room" and instructed to go up the stairs and follow the signs. Once up the stairs is where the charm seemed to fade. The upstairs area was heavy, dark and musty ... I realize from their website and some research I'd done that some psychics did sessions in the rooms as well, which may explain the remnant odor of incense but the overall feel of the upstairs was oppressive, with very little light.

The room was large, but not overly roomy. There were 2 beds in the one room, a jack & jill bath and then another full size bed in the 2nd room. The furniture was sparse and dark ... only 1 available plug to use for 3 people, each with mobile phones and a computer. Even though the hotel advertised wifi, the connection was less than reliable and it was almost impossible to connect to, even when you could figure out which of the wifi signals was the correct one. The room was also very dark and hasn't seemed to have been updated in almost 20 years. Both rooms and bath were "dingy" but not dirty ... and there were sufficient towels for all 3 of us. The water pressure was very powerful, but if someone flushes the toilet while you are in the shower (as happened to me), you will feel like you've been dumped into a boiling pot of water.

There's a coffee maker in the room, but again ... no place to plug it in. There's no staff in the hotel in the evenings, and the doors are locked. You can get out, but not back in again. There's no phones in the rooms, no televisions either. There are no bottles of water, nor vending machines to get even some ice. The restaurant closes at 10pm and there's no food available.

Overall, the hotel itself just seems like they were trying to get the "mystical" feel of an older building but are in desperate need of a major investment of cash for a complete overhaul.

The restaurant inside the hotel, Sinatra's, has great food and a pleasant family staff running it but, a word of advice ... if you are renting space inside a hotel that caters itself to the mystical, you might want to refrain from commenting about being non-believers and what a fraud you feel the psychics are.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cassadaga Hotel? Share your experiences!