“My Go To Cape Coral Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cape Coral
Port Charlotte, fl
“My Go To Cape Coral Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stay at this hotel once a month and have always been very pleased with the property as a whole. This property is conveniently located near quite a few restaurants and night life. There is a Perkins right next door which is very convenient, However there are bars and restaurants all within walking distance of this Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is also just across the bridge from Ft. Myers. If you take Cape Coral Parkway east across the bridge you will then be on College Parkway which will take you to S. Cleveland Ave. (US 41) just north of Daniels Parkway, which is the road that leads to Southwest Florida International Airport.

This Property has a wonderful pool which is perfect for unwinding before and after work. Also, each room has an outdoor balcony. I've read that some people noted that it was a noisy neighborhood, but I did not find the area noisy. My room was very quiet and I got a great night sleep and felt safe and secure.

The staff is very professional.

The breakfast bar is outstanding, complimentary breakfast is served from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM, so don't sleep in too long if you want to partake. The breakfast selections were very good, coffee, tea, breads, cereals, juices, fruits, milk and even omelettes! I also noticed drink machines in the halls.

Plenty of luggage carts and free parking, the property has very clean common areas and rooms. The wireless internet worked very well in my room. I do wish they had more electric outlets, I found this to be a challenging. I don't like to move furniture around. It would be great if that added a power strip for phones, computers and such near the night stand.

Overall, I give this property 4 stars for being fairly priced, comfortable, above average amenities and for making me feel safe and secure. I highly recommend joining their Priority Rewards Program as you get discounts and other perks.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you should request a room opposite Cape Coral Blvd. I have stayed on bot...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, IL (suburbs)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed in a great many Holiday Inn Express hotels ( although not reviewed ) but there are a few things that need pointing out with this one. It appears this location may have previously been a hotel belonging to a different chain...or it was just older. The interior of our room was a bit dated, especially the bathroom and its fixtures. There was a hole in the wall behind the dresser where the cable television was run....and I mean it was a hole....like someone kicked the wall. A fifty cent wall plate would have done wonders for appearance.

While most hotels have their noisy areas within it, the walls in our room appeared *paper thin* as we could hear people on both walls. ( Big shout out to the knucklehead family who let their bratty kid cry and scream in the middle of the night - you will NOT win parents of the year ) When guests would close, or allow their doors to slam, our room ( located on the 5th floor ) would shake. The ice machine and elevator which were about five rooms down from us may have well just been located IN our room. Sound insulation in this Holiday Inn Express was not / is not a priority for management or owners. And the elevators are painfully slow.

As previous reviewers have stated, there is a *very* noisy bar located down the street on the backside of the hotel which goes on till around 2 am on weekends. However, the rooms on the front of the hotel face the busy street so........take your pick.

Also as previous reviewers have stated, there is a $2.00 toll you have to pay to get back from Ft.Myers beach, which gets really old after awhile. ( It's almost as bad as being in Orlando and paying their tolls every 5 miles )

The hotel staff was friendly for the most part with the exception of one or two front desk employees, which should be addressed ( management if you're reading this ) as your front desk people are the first point of contact for guests and can make or break your hotel.

There is a Perkins right next door and a Wendy's across the street if you don't feel like driving to some of the other eateries in the area. The breakfast area was roomy and the food was your standard Holiday Inn Express fare.

All said and done, it was priced reasonable for the area, considering we went during spring break ( not FOR spring break ) and its relativley close proximity to the beaches. It wouldn't be my first choice again but if I had to stay here again, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor on the backside of the hotel have a better view of water
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear andrettifan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments detailing the good and highlighting the opportunities to improve. It is good that our staff delivered up to expectations. However, I am disappointed that you were inconvenienced by the noise levels on site and the room you were given did not completely meet your liking. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

No joke from other reviewers about noisy bar close by; but even the Perkins right next door placed loud music also (maybe to drown out the nearby bar?). One desk clerk was helpful, friendly & went out of her way (I am so sorry sorry I did not get either name), but the other clerk was very sullen & not friendly. Note the room I had did not have a desk, but only a round table for my computer. I had a fridge, but not a microwave. The shower pressure was very poor. The air conditioner was noisy. Standard free hotel breakfast. Thanks for having the TV channel print-out directly under the TV remote- wish everyone would do this. The bathroom light & fan run off one switch- I HATE THIS. I wish every hotel would learn how annoying this is, especially if you are sharing the room with multiple family members & are trying to be quiet. Please make the light & fan separate! Not every entrance into the bathroom necessarily needs a fan, sometimes I just want to wash my hands or comb my hair. (By the way- the fan vent was very dirty!) Air conditioner was noisy. Note that you do have to pay a toll to get over the bridge to get to this hotel (it does accept Sunpass), but that could get pricey for some travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear nittanylionctr,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding water pressure, noise and poor air conditioning. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

WOW, stayed here for three nights, nice rooms, very clean, Staff more then helpful, Stayed here when it was a Quality hotel, BIG DIFFERENCE and the free breakfast was nice, as it changed each morning.

Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with a couple from Germany for a night before and after a trip to Key West. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the Key West Express ferry dock. There is a $2.00 toll to get back from Fort Myers Beach, so be prepared.

The check-in and out routines were very efficient and the desk staff was very helpful. Each room in the hotel appears to have a small private balcony that you can sit on. There are two chairs provided for seating. We used ours to have a few drinks in the evening and got to listen to the live music from the restaurant across the street. There was just enough room for 4 of us to sit there although we had to move two extra chairs to the balcony. The hotel hallways are wide and well lit with large windows at each end. There is ample free parking available in the hotel's parking lot.

We stayed in a double queen room. There was a small table in the room, but no desk. The beds were firm, but comfortable and we got a good night's sleep after the very loud music stopped (around 10 PM) from the restaurant across the street. There is a small refrigerator in the room. The hotel has free wi-fi for its guests. And there are two computers with a printer in the lobby available for guest's use. The room itself was clean and thankfully did not have an overwhelming air freshner smell that I have encountered in a few other HIE's recently.

The shower had adequate water flow and there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom. However, the ceiling in the bathroom is less than 7' high. Therefore, I had to bend my arm when rinsing under my arms. Since I am only 5'10", I imagine this could be a major issue for anyone much over 6' tall. While the bathroom was not dirty, I did notice a stain on the floor in the corner that should have been cleaned up.

There are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the hotel has different deals with many of them for their Priority Club members (the deals differ from one restaurant to another).

The breakfast each morning was the usual HIE fare. The first morning we were up early and there were very few people in the dining area. The second morning we were there later in the morning and the dining area was very full, but there still appeared to be enough seating for everyone. I was very impressed with the breakfast crew since the food was constantly restocked and they never ran out of anything in spite of the large number of people eating.

Room Tip: The restaurants and bars on the back side of the hotel have live, very loud music on the weekends...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this hotel until we could check into our beach hotel the next day. Great price. Great location. Close to the bridge that takes you to Ft. Myers Beach (only about 20 minutes away). Short walk to Iguana Mia Mexican Restaurant (which I love). There was a bar behind the restaurant that had a live band and I did need to leave the fan on in my room so I wouldn't hear it, but it was a Saturday night so I'm not going to whine. Although I didn't like the music, the band did not play real late, so that was good. Would stay here again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We found the staff extremely courteous and helpful with sights to see and restaurant recommendations. The breakfast is awesome - it changes every day - hot eggs and biscuits, bagels, pancakes, fruit, yogurt etc. Despite the fact it is on a busy road, we turned on the air for white noise and slept just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!