“Waiter, there is a fly in my soup” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 340 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Cape Coral, Florida
“Waiter, there is a fly in my soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I took my young adult children for what I thought would be a treat.No table inside so hostess escorted us outside to the patio. Hostess sneered when I requested not to sit in the direct sun. She cleaned the table and had no further conversation , just walked away annoyed. A sweet waitress greeted us and took our drink order. My daughter tasted her cola and said "It taste like garbage". I drank through the straw; it did smell like garbage.Inferior lemonade was substituted. My drink refill was ordered but never delivered.Appetizers were good but a little too $$ for the amount. Pasta dishes bland, thai chicken good.As soon as we were served we were swarmed with flies. a server came by handed us hot sauce and said to drizzle on side of plate to keep them away. Try screens instead. Linen napkins used as fly swatters. In the air more than on lap.This place only has a beautiful view to sustain it. If it were in a business area such as Rt 41 it would fold like all the other pricey, poor quality food restaurants do. I suggest replace hostess.Plenty of people need a job who care. We will never be back. P.S. hot sauce did not stop the annoying flies.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Have to go for Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Rumrunners was recommended to us by the hotel. Happy hour pricing is $5.00 for appetizers (we had 4) and drinks were 30% off, so it was a great value. Restaurant is on the water, but we sat at bar, very friendly bar staff, created a custom beverage based on what I liked, very nice touch! Would highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Out of Town Guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great place to take your out of town guests for dining on the water and enjoying good food. Upscale atmosphere and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Beautiful View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Rum Runners is a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful view. The restaurant consists of many areas for dining or enjoying a cocktail while watching the wild life or boats going by. There are indoor, covered outdoor and completely outdoor with umbrella tables available. The menu is varied and delicious. My husband had the cuban wrap and he said it was the best he ever had. There are also shops not to far from the restaurant if you want to walk off your meal. Definitely worth the visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethel, Connecticut
“Great location, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate outside on the deck overlooking the canal (river?), beautiful facility and a wonderful view. The service was attentive and efficient, the food was very good (although my steak was rarer than I would have liked). All in all, a really nice place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food