“Charming European gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 314 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood, Asian fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offering more than just great food - it's food with a flair. You'll taste the difference in every bite at Blaze Bistro. Customers all over Lee County are raving about Blaze Bistro on Santa Barbara Boulevard. Executive Chef Todd Sheffield is creating culinary delights inspired by cuisines from around the world. Asian Blackened Ahi Tuna, Filet Mignon, East Indian Bang Bang Chicken and so much more. Or try Chef Todd's comfort food with a twist -- homemade from the freshest ingredients every day. All served in an intimate relaxing atmosphere at truly affordable prices.
“Charming European gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This gem of a restaurant is tucked away but what a surprise. As we entered for an early dinner on Saturday evening, the hostess was genuinely kind and conversational. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable, and assisted with the perfect wine choice.Presentation was artwork. The infusion of flavors for each course was amazing. The prices are reasonable for the incredible service and food.

essex
“European ambience in Cape Coral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had dinner in this restaurant last night.
It is decorated in a European style with paintings of various places such as Paris.
The tables are properly dressed with a white table cloths and are arranged in an European fashion.
The menu has something for everyone with the addition of " daily specials".
I had the Blaze salad as a starter which consisted of some unusual ingredients such as pomegranate, spinach leaves, toasted pecan and apples all covered in a very light balsamic dressing and the flavours were exceptional.
For the entree I had Asian Blackened Ahi Tuna which was not only cooked properly, seared on the outside but almost raw on the inside, but was the best tuna that I have ever tasted and just melted in your mouth. It was served with a selection of " julienned" vegetables and pineapple and accompanied with some Asian sauces such as Wasabi and the whole meal was served on a long wooden board in a banana leaf.
The European ambience was extended with the chef coming from his kitchen and asking you if you were enjoying your meal.
The service was friendly, enthusiastic and excellent.
I can truly say that this is one of the best restaurants in Cape Coral.

Fort Myers, Florida
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Based on a previous negative remark (not by the reviewer, but rather a snippy response by the manager. I think management should take the high road and be gracious when criticized, not insulting to the reviewer), I hadn't intended to EVER try Blaze Bistro. But last night, I was looking for a restaurant somewhere between my house in Burnt Store and the Broadway Palm Theater in Fort Myers and Blaze filled the bill. All I know is that I am so happy I decided to give it a try. The ambiance is very nice, modern colors and pleasant background music. Our waiter, Shane, was a delight. But the food, was truly the highlight. My sister and I shared the Blazing Bangkok Jumbo Prawns and they were fabulous. Battered in rice flour and beautifully presented on a banana leaf drizzled with a delicious lime infused sriracha aioli sauce. BTW the chef was willing to accommodate our dietary preferences however we liked. Next were the entrees, I enjoyed one of the evenings specials, Asian Mojo Veal Skirt Steak with wild mushroom truffle Marsala sauce served with garlic mashed potatoes and a mixed veggie succotash. The steak was very tender; the sauce, out of this world; the veggies fresh and crisp and the potion size plentiful. My sister loved the Angry Pork Chop, an extra thick cut pork chop marinated in Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider, topped with a Grand Mariner Dried Cherry, Peach Chutney. Her pork chop was tender and juicy with great flavor. And all I can say about the chutney is that I wish they sold it in jars!

Blaze Bistro is a step above the other restaurants in the area. It's set back in a little strip mall near the intersection of Santa Barbara & Veterans Memorial Blvd. Easily missed but definitely worth looking for. I know I will be back.

“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Presentation was top notch! Taste was just ok. Bangkok shrimp was good, the succotash garnish was great. The angry chop was ok, was suppose to be marinated in angry orchid beer and grand mariner, I didn't taste any of that. The filet mignon, for grass and corn fed beef, had no flavor! And we know because we buy a grass and corn fed cow every year at the fair. The Demi glaze on the filet tasted like tomato sauce. The Oreo cheese cake, was mostly Oreo crust, and not very good cheese cake. Kinda disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“This is an excellent restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

As relatively new residents of Cape Coral, my wife and I are enjoying the pleasure of trying new restaurants in our adoptive hometown. We have enjoyed several fine eateries, however, our visit to Blaze Bistro surely "raised the bar". Initially, we were a bit surprised by the "strip mall" location, but once we entered the restaurant, we were impressed with the ambiance and the welcome reception of the staff. We started with the outstanding lobster bisque. It was the best that I have ever had (and being from Cape Cod, thats saying a lot). My wife ordered the Mahi- Mahi, and I had a Filet . Both meals were impressive presentations, abundant proportions , and superbly delicious. I can't think of any aspect of our experience at Blaze Bistro that wasn't 5-star. We highly recommend this restaurant and will be sure to be returning customers. My only regret was seeing the outlandish desert tray, and not having a bit of space left to try one! This is a true "keeper".